Homemade Coconut Milk
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 7/8 cup dry unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium-size kettle, heat the water, but do not bring it to a boil.
- Place the coconut in a blender and add 1 cup of the hot water.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a colander in a bowl and line the colander with 4 thicknesses of cheesecloth.
- Pour the blended coconut mixture into the cheesecloth and twist to extract the milk, letting the milk go into the bowl.
- Return the coconut pulp to the blender and add the remaining 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, strain and press through the cheesecloth into the bowl.
Perhaps you can turn the leftover pulp into pancakes?