Exfoliating My Face Will Cause Acne?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Britney Spears

Britney Spears

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

I'm doing the Dan's regimen and it has worked really well actually. My forehead is very dry and I've only gotten one pimple in the past 4 days. And the active ones I did have quickly disintegrated after applying the benzoyl peroxide.

The only problem I have with the regimen is... I love to exfoliate my face. I use a kitchen scrub cloth to really exfoliate my face hard. It's my thing!

Anyway, I just don't see why that would be a negative to do in the regimen. I don't see how exfoliating your face really well can cause acne?

#2 Daisy B.

Daisy B.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

Harsh exfoliation can irritate skin which tends to make acne worse. If your method works for you and you know for a fact that it's not contributing to your break outs then you could probably keep doing what your doing. I would probably recomend being a little more gentle though. Maybe try using a regular washcloth? That's my favorite way to exfoliate and it does the job without freaking my skin out.

#3 paulvg

paulvg

Samick Greg Bennett Royale Line Guitars' Rocks!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Well there is nothing wrong if you exfoliate your skin, just keep in mind that if you are using any exfoliating products, be sure to massage it gently onto your skin because if you rub to hard, it will damage your skin. biggrin.gif

Another thing, don't add any products if you are using Dan's regimen. Check out the FAQ page.. eusa_boohoo.gif
A guitar world word of warning here: don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him. Even if you manage that, the best you can expect from it is to play in a band covering his material and/or be forever known as the guy who 'imitates that other famous guy'.

#4 adamrodriguez

adamrodriguez

those that hate me love acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:42 AM

those kitchen scrubs are waaaaaaay to harsh for your facial skin. You are going to really damage your skin if you do this to much, and yes frequent exfoliation will irritate the skin making acne worse.
How To Wash Your Face The Right Way

Product Ingredients To Avoid

Why Moisturizer Is Important

products I currently use:
L'Bri Pure N Natural Deep Pore Cleanser & Oil-Free Moisturizer
Forever Living Products "Aloe Vera Gelly" Moisturizer

#5 Britney Spears

Britney Spears

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:58 AM

Oh ok sad.gif My friend's mother who is now 60 years old has used a kitchen scrub as an exfoliator since she was like 13 years old and her skin is FLAWLESS. She has no lines, no wrinkles, no marks, no pores. Just soft, glowing smooth skin.

*sigh*

Okay, I'll try to be more gentle and we'll see how it goes. smile.gif Thanks guys!!!

#6 Britney Spears

Britney Spears

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (lenpopz @ Feb 23 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well there is nothing wrong if you exfoliate your skin, just keep in mind that if you are using any exfoliating products, be sure to massage it gently onto your skin because if you rub to hard, it will damage your skin. biggrin.gif

Another thing, don't add any products if you are using Dan's regimen. Check out the FAQ page.. eusa_boohoo.gif

also, I'm trying your moisturizing theory. A few months ago I was applying heavy duty moisturizer all over my face for like, 2 months and I didn't get ONE bump. Up until now I wasn't exactly sure what had kept my skin absolutely clear for that period of time. But now that I'm looking back I remembered slathering my face with huge amounts of moisturizer and not breaking out even with a microbump during that time. So thanks for that thread! It reminded me of what I need to do. That moisturizer sounds really cool too. Whats it like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users