Photo

Green Tea

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 zazu

zazu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2004 - 12:57 PM

I have been reading recently alot of positive things about Green Tea and how it helps eliminate acne, so i was wondering if any of you guys/gals have had any experiences with this?

#2 Kayli

Kayli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:20 PM

Haha...so funny when people ask. The only thing my green tea eliminates is my poop after eating :-$ ...haha, literally. Hey, it actually works, okay?! biggrin.gif Mine's a slimming/diet green tea so I guess it's different. Not sure, though...it doesn't help my acne so I figured they're different...eh *shrug*, could be wrong...

#3 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:22 PM

Green Tea, well the active ingredient EGCG, shows promise as an ant-androgen. So it could help in that sense, but you have to get a cream/vehicle with high concentrations of EGCG, I believe 45% or more

#4 waiting2livemylife...

waiting2livemylife...

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:24 AM

I drink 1 to 3 cups of green tea everyday, i still get acne. i think if anything most diet/acne correlations are psychsomatic, but thats just my experience.

#5 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:25 AM

Just drinking 1-3 cups isnt nearly enough...

#6 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:35 AM

If it's good loose leaf 3 cups will do you a lot of good.

#7 waiting2livemylife...

waiting2livemylife...

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:47 AM

speedracer
Im open to suggestions, did GT work for U?
Thanx

#8 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:52 PM

So what's a good green tea to drink? A brand for example.

#9 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:13 PM

Never tried it, just heard A LOT of good things about it. Hairloss, cancer, anti-aging, etc. However its not the actual green tea, its the chemical in it, thats why if just dink 3-5 cups lose or not, it just not concentrated enough. Theres even a study comparing BP to greentea, and green tea was superior, I will try to post it.

#10 Kayli

Kayli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:10 AM

Never tried it, just heard A LOT of good things about it.  Hairloss, cancer, anti-aging, etc.  However its not the actual green tea, its the chemical in it, thats why if just dink 3-5 cups lose or not, it just not concentrated enough.  Theres even a study comparing BP to greentea, and green tea was superior, I will try to post it.

OoOkay...well, I drink tons of tea including green tea (non-diet, too O:) )...and study or not, BP is superior to green tea hands down...

#11 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:57 AM

I didnt know you were a scientist. At any rate, apply green tea to the face and drinking it are two different things...

#12 Image101

Image101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:02 AM

Green Tea has a lot of antioxidants in it, which are very good for you. Whether or not it will clear up acne I don't know, but it can't do you much harm at all to drink it.

#13 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 11:15 AM

Stevie: that's the thing about loose leaf tea, there is no brand. It's kind of like tee shirts. They all come from the same source but then each individual store calls it their own and puts their label on it. Doesn't really matter where you get it as long as it's quality loose leaf green tea. There are many kinds and they are usually in a bulk container. Just smell some and see what you like. The more expensive the higher concentration of antioxidants and the better quality taste.

Also never put boiling water over green tea, always let the water sit for a minute and then pour the hot water on. Steep it for as long as you want(you'll probably need a diffuser which is a little mesh ball you put the tea leaves in).

#14 Kayli

Kayli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:11 PM

I didnt know you were a scientist.  At any rate, apply green tea to the face and drinking it are two different things...

Okay. biggrin.gif

#15 Kelly

Kelly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:26 AM

How much green tea do you need to drink in a day for it to be beneficial at all for acne?

#16 smacks487

smacks487

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:54 PM

drinking 1-2 tea bag type green tea helps me when i have sugar during the day it helps with the fluctuations in blood sugar

#17 charlac

charlac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:38 PM

I found an asian herbal tea not drank by westerners to completely heal me. My father woke up with some red marks on his face and his business associate recommended it. He did it and 2 days that red mark healed to brown. then the next day it was nearly invisble. I tried it and all my red marks are fading fast and no new cystic acne! I had one or two white head but they seem to be different when I pop them. I also use Tazorac in conjunction to this. Tazorac alone didn't work too good. I'm amazed at the results I got when I drank it for 3 days. The only problem is I drink too much at night and have to go pee. I suspect in 2 months if I stay with this, my red marks will be gone!

I will give you more info when I get the name. It's made out of a root.

#18 laxdguy2k2

laxdguy2k2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

I think this is interesting since acne is a baterial infection:

http://www.greentea....nes.html#IMMUNE

TEA MAY HELP BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM

In findings, presented by study author Dr. Jack F. Bukowski of Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA, it was found that drinking tea may boost the immune system by helping fight off infections. "According to a recent study, research obtainable in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that a component in tea is known to prepare the immune system to attack invading bacteria, viruses and fungi." According to the report, "Non-tea drinkers who drank 5-6 cups of tea per day for 2 weeks appeared to be better able to fight off bacterial infections." To obtain this benefit at least 5 cups of tea must be consumed per day. Note that tea may help fight off infections not cure them. "Drinking tea isn't a treatment or a cure for anything," - cautioned Bukowski, "Regular tea drinkers will still get sick, so people should not throw out their medicine cabinets or tell off their doctors just yet."

I only drink 3 cups a day, i might try 5 now...

#19 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

Green tea alone won't cure your acne. It's useful as part of a larger solution. You need to drink the LEAF form of it, the bags you buy in the supermarket will do NOTHING.

#20 laxdguy2k2

laxdguy2k2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(duluxdog @ May 26 2004, 04:17 PM)
Green tea alone won't cure your acne.  It's useful as part of a larger solution.  You need to drink the LEAF form of it, the bags you buy in the supermarket will do NOTHING.

Can you show me a study that shows me the tea bags suck by any chance?