I'm pretty sure it has been clogging my pores

#22 ladymermaid

ladymermaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Ever since I switched from Jojoba to Argan oil, I hardly break out at all! Jojoba sat on top of my skin and just make everything look greasy rather than hydrate my skin.

#23 coaprue

coaprue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

Jojoba oil like sea buckthorn oil helps to purge acne causing materials upward to the skin's surface. Initially this can cause acne to get worse, but it's nothing to worry about.

#24 alexxxxx

alexxxxx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

I only use a couple of drops in my moisturiser and it works wonders, takes down the redness left by my 10% and definitely helps with dryness/tightness/flaking

#25 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I just bought some dessert essence jojoba oil today. I sure hope it doesn't break me out, because I'm pretty clear right now!

I want to use it as a cleanser and moisturiser and possibly treat my skin with something like tea-tree oil. 

#26 Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I think it's possible. 

I know so many people swear by oils and the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) but I am one of those who just absolutely CANNOT put any type of oils on my face, including jojoba.

I am guaranteed to break out of I do. 

#27 Boof101

Boof101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Jojoba is a cleansing oil. If you use a little, it could be really beneficial, lightly massage it into the skin. A lot can definitely cause a breakout, especially if left on for a while. If you apply too much, get a warm wet face cloth and pat it down. Try the patch test with it, that should let you know how your skin will respond.

#28 Melloman

Melloman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (dom88 @ Feb 18 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been reading this on many threads...Does using too much jojoba oil cause break outs???? I wouldn't be surprised because it is an OIL but can someone just verify this for me i'd really appreciate it. and if there is already a thread going on this topic just refer me to the link!

Dom

Jojoba Oil is actually a wax, the oil part is to make it sound better Jojoba Wax is not a very pleasant name for something going on your skin. And it is non-comedogenic and mimics your own skin's sebum(oil) so its virtually impossible for you to breakout from it unless of course you are allergic to jojoba seeds.

My nigga!

JK

But thanks for your information.  That's what I like to see!  Some real hardcore research!

No offense meant to anyone else commenting.  Just real excited because I ordered some Jojoba oil for my lips.  All the other lip balms seem to break me out.  I'll up date you guys on my progress if I remember to come back to this thread.  Wish me luck. ;)  And peace out.catdance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users