garlic candida

893 replies to this topic

#881 takenimpulse

takenimpulse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Bone broth (from left over chicken bones)
Avocado
Leg of lamb
Lamb shoulder chops
Green olives
Okra
Roast beef
Apple

Saving the bones from the lamb for next weeks bone broth. How should I store them? In the freezer inside of a ziploc bag?

Edited by takenimpulse, 12 May 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#882 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Made some taco shells out of beef, t'was super delicious. slow cooked them in coconut oil, and them flipped the patty, used avocado outer shell to help keep a taco shape, and then while it was cooking I added some onions and garlic, cilantro, and avocado to the mix. Curiously, I've noticed that cooked avocado does not give me the whole itchy symptoms that raw ones do, perhaps it's a type of antinutrient destroyed by cooking?

#883 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Today:

-several stalks of organic celery dipped in this local cheese I just got, it's a blend of several kinds of aged gouda and 21st Amendment IPA
-shared a big fillet of salmon with boyfriend from asian market (meaning it was cheap and I have no idea where it came from) which I cooked in an iron skillet with duck fat, onions, and garlic
-slice of cake I got at farmer's market yesterday. Almond flour base, caramelized vanilla, and organic rasperries. Mmmmm wish I could've shared it with my gluten-free mother.
-bone broth, shiitake mushrooms, garlic, onions, and cabbage with some turmeric and other spices (need to find more bone broth-based recipes, this one didn't turn out so great)
-lots of non-organic globe grapes (I get them because they're huge, sweet, and have their seeds still)
-non-organic cantaloupe half
-some fresh lychee
-will probably have bacon and some kind of sweet potato curry tonight with more of that caaaake

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#884 takenimpulse

takenimpulse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

Spaghetti squash
Avocado
Kale, olive oil, kobocha squash
Apple
Wild salmon w/ turmeric
Okra, lamb shoulder chops w/ garlic powder

Edited by takenimpulse, 23 May 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#885 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Sockeye coho salmon (about 250 grams), with one medium sweet potato (boiled) = breakfast

snacks : half cup of macadmia nuts

Lunch: chicken breast with cauliflower and some coconut ice cream

snack: bannana and blackberries

dinner: lentils soaked for 24 hours, with garlic turmeric and black pepper.

#886 jen0489x

jen0489x

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

What I ate today: (All 100% Organic)
530AM Cucumber, spinach, celery, parsley juice (32oz fresh pressed & organic)
6AM 16oz blueberries
730 AM Fresh pressed 14oz Carrot Juice & 14oz of fresh pressed beet, basil, apple & kale juice
11AM: Kale salad with raw lemon vinagrette, blend of cucumber, spinach, onion, green peppers, apple cider vinegar, garlic, mint & cumin (Sooooooooooo delicious, oh my gosh) & coconut milk
Noon: Lemon & Turmeric Juice Mangos
2PM Collard vegetable wrap & dandelion pine nut salad
4PM blend of cucumber, spinach, onion, green peppers, apple cider vinegar, garlic, mint & cumin
6PM Lemon, Lime, avocado, stevia & coconut blended shake

As a snack later I may have carrot sticks & fresh hummus

We just need to make sure we are eating things that come from the earth, and not factories!

#887 marissa8161

marissa8161

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Just for some contrast against the super healthy eats going on in here...

I used to have an awesome veggie-ful diet. Its kinda gone to crap since college started... praising God and Differin every day for my clear skin, and I'm still avoiding my number trigger--dairy!!

Breakfast: Venti soy latte, with 2 pumps of pumpkin spice (Starbucks <3333 )

Lunch: 2 oatmeal pancakes with blueberries and bananas, scrambled egg whites (and real syrup, obviously)

Snack: 2 Oreos

Dinner: Big salad - iceberg, mixed greens, cucumbers, bell peppers, grilled zucchini, hummus, boiled egg, coleslaw, kidney beans, balsamic viniagrette.

Dessert: Apple and cranberry crisp, topped with an obscene amount of peanut butter.

#888 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Bump for a good thread

made a variant of the Creamy Turmeric Tea I was reading about on MDA. I'll have to try it per his measurements, but the cup I had yesterday was made this way ...

Ingredients
  • 3 heaping tablespoons of coconut milk (used Goldenstar brand, BPA free, carried at many chains like Wal Mart and Food 4 less)
  • Teaspoon of turmeric
  • Teaspoon of ginger
  • Teaspoon of cinnamon
  • Teaspoon of honey
  • Coffee mug of peppermint rooibos infusion (1 serving of each)
Instructions
Steep the infusion of peppermint and rooibos for at least 5 minutes ( I use the adagio microwavable teapot , seriously one of the best things $25 can buy if you like tea and infusions). Add the powdered ingredients into your mug, along with the honey. Pour the tea into the mug. Add the coconut milk at the end and stir, which will bring down the temperature to a warm drink.

The flavors blend surprisingly well. It's nice to have after a meal, really helps with digestion.

#889 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

My typical day looks like this

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs, udos oil on top
Meal 2: Handful of almonds
Meal 3: Veg and a lean protein source
Meal 4: Almonds and a whey protein isolate shake
Meal 5: Lean protein, veg and a carb source like sweet potatos
Meal 6: Greek yogurt and flaxseed
Formerly Nicky D

If you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything

#890 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Squash pancakes. And banana coconut pancakes. A little yogurt with blueberries and pomegranate.

Mustard green wrap with canned fish filling.

Greens, mushroom and leek soup thickened with egg. Google sorrel soup for the technique. Thers also a Greek soup and lemon sauce that uses the same.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#891 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Lets start this again.

My oats/buckwheat/coconut and spice concoction topped with sprouted sunflower seeds, a teaspoon of coconut oil, chopped apple and more cinnamon.
Green tea. Later some plain cocoa and a chunk of steamed plantain with pomegranate.

Sweet potato pancakes with sautéed leaks.

Assorted teas, water etc, coconut banana cookies, dark chocolate bark, almonds, pecans, pomegranate seeds throughout the day.

4:30-5 had a dinner of sautéed greens & leeks with a couple of eggs.

Quit eating at that point for a 14 hour fast.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

#892 brandylad

brandylad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Breakfast - scrambled egg and some raw carrots

Dinner - tuna, olive oil, sweet potato

Tea - 2x chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, spring onion cooked in coconut oil

2 apples throughout the day

#893 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

My oats/buckwheat/coconut and spice concoction topped with sprouted sunflower seeds, a teaspoon of coconut oil, chopped apple and more cinnamon.
Green tea. Later some plain cocoa and Sweet potato cakes with sautéed leaks.

Veggie tacos filled with sauteed onion, garlic, tomato, tomatillo, kale, corn & pinto beans. Trader Joes tortillas which are hopefully non-GMO.

Assorted teas, water etc, coconut banana cookies (coconut, banana, cocoa, salt), dark chocolate bark, almonds, pecans, pomegranate seeds throughout the day.

Evening -  Bone broth with baby kale.

#894 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Breakfast- Green smoothie and oatmeal

Lunch- Broccoli, corn, turkey

Dinner- Turkey, broccoli, rice, carrots

Snacks- Pear, blueberries, grapes

I eat this pretty much everyday. I need to start changing things up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users