garlic candida

893 replies to this topic

#841 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

-Halves of red, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers with a wedge of red onion all chopped up stirred in a hot pan with bone broth, 2 organic eggs, and sliced okra
-Tons of tea and water throughout the day
-Spoonfuls of bone marrow/fat from more broth I'm simmering
-Spoonful of maca root mixed with a little filtered water
-Couple spoonfuls of aloe vera gel
-Spoonful of cod liver oil
-The rest of a bottle of black currant kombucha
-Coconut milk, vanilla extract, and some cheap gin (this concoction made me sleepy/little tummy achey)

~*detoxing*~

Edited by corgisoulpower, 05 March 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#842 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy short walks on the beach.

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Moar beefback ribs, nom nom

lettuce burger with tomatos, red onions, garlic, sauted mushrooms, avocado, organic ketchup (pretty much just food, working on making my own ketchup and sauces in general), live culture sour cream, and bacon.

Liver and onions (plus garlic, jalepeno peper)

So good. nom nom nom

#843 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

Had a huuuge bowl of cinnammon oatmeal and a banana. Yummers.

And for lunch will be hummus, gluten free crackers, soya fruit yoghurt and a pear :)
finacea log
vegan.
avoiding gluten, tomatoes, caffeine, sodium, citrus fruits, apples and soya.

#844 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

coconut pancakes yum

hey how can i make healthy pancakes like you?? they need to be iron and calcium free as well because i take medicine in the am that i cannt combine with iron calcium or dairy which i dont eat any dairy any day

You mix dried coconut with an egg to a batter consistency and cook. But those were sweet potato and coconut pancakes in which a baked and mashed sweet potato was mixed with egg and dried coconut and cooked. There are many other such recipes in the Food and Recipe thread, especially in the better grain, better bread, gluten free, breakfast, coconut and sweet potato threads. I assume you know what foods are too high in calcium and iron for you, right?
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#845 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:im a musician!

beach, river, SUN, outgoing when i dont have acne q;

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

i usually just eat oatmeal in the morning because it has almost no calcium and iron in it i think 5% iron maybe

but at night when i take it i have no idea how much calcium and iron is actually in the dinners i eat because my mom is making them for the most part. :/

and im about to try really strict diet again for a change and really stick with it for a few months because im noticing more and more clogged pores no matter what i cleanse with or topicals so it must be something that i am eating from within the inside that is causing my closed comedones.. its really aggravating me :(

#846 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

but at night when i take it i have no idea how much calcium and iron is actually in the dinners i eat because my mom is making them for the most part. :/

Well, you better start paying attention.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

#847 rp245

rp245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm a pretty healthy eater but... today was 'unhealthy' for me because of the amount of dairy and the fact that my beans came in a can. I have to say though that I think the stress of totally denying myself things like chocolate and cheese is more detrimental than actually eating little bits of it at a time. You have to live a little!

Breakfast: Organic dried fruit and seed muesli with Oatly Oat Milk, a blood orange, and black tea with organic whole milk

Lunch: Home made tomato sauce using one very large tomato, spices, and maple syrup, all over plain haricot beans, a steamed carrot, and one crushed clove of raw garlic. 4 pieces or 1 strip of Vivani Dark chocolate with almonds

Dinner: Steamed broccoli with cheese, mashed potatoes with some organic whole milk and butter, and hot smoked salmon

Tea: Fresh ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, and honey tea

Supplements: 2 probiotics (1 morning, 1 night) and a Woman's multivitamin. I only take the multivitamin after ovulation though. In the first half of my cycle I take Evening Primrose Oil

#848 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

Had steamed vegetables (swede, small amount of carrot, onion and leeks) steamed green beans and a mixed bean salad :)

For my snack, I had dry gluten free cheerios and some gluten free rice cakes with dairy free chocolate on top (not the healthiest snack but yummy nonetheless!)
finacea log
vegan.

#849 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Yesterday:
-beef bone broth with daikon peelings and some celery, cooked until soft
-1/2 lb of seaweed salad from asian market (gonna start staying away from this because I'm not sure if they use soy oil or something and its ingredients aren't marked on the package...)
-HUGE bowl of bone broth with rice noodles, mung bean sprouts, lime, mint, thin strips of flank, "beef balls" (little sausage-like pieces made of meat and tendon), tripe, and tendon (After the library I spent all day working on a paper in I decided to reward myself with Vietnamese from a nearby restaurant and didn't regret it as much as I suspected I might, besides the fact they use conventionally raised meat. All their broth is made from scratch, making it very GAPS friendly, minus the rice noodles. Yum)
-roasted sweet potato cubes, beet cubes, yellow onion, minced garlic, and spices in the oven
-egg and coconut milk scramble with shiitake and white mushrooms, fresh sage, cilantro, rosemary, leftover liverwurst and onions, and a teensy bit of tapioca starch
-steamed snap peas, radish, mini collards and purple kale winter mix, and a pinch of peppermint and parsley
-lots of globe grapes, with seeds
-some pieces of cheap low-sugar chocolate

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#850 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Egg omlett with tomatoes and spinach and one glass of almond milk
Tomatoe and cucumber salad with lemon EVOO pepper and goat cheese
Bananna
Grapes

And alooot of water!

#851 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

home made yam and regular potato french fries - coconut oil, potatoes, and taco seasoning yummm

lots of beef, eggs, guacamole, a lot of shredded coconut, salad
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

#852 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

i went out on a snack rage for myself and bought 2 things of rice cakes, two big bags of trail mix the dried fruit blend ones and dried apricots. this way when i see the cookies and brownies laying around the house ill go for a healthy snack instead because i noticed myself eating more cookiesand rits crackers and what not lately.

#853 amy91

amy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Shopping,reading
    movies,camping

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries, 1 green apple
Lunch: Greek salad with black bean burgers
Dinner: Braised Chicken with red onions and carrots, some mashed potatoes
Dessert: Banana-rum-raisin, none dairy ice cream ( yumm!)
Everyone leaves the world a little better-some by leaving!

#854 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

i went out on a snack rage for myself and bought 2 things of rice cakes, two big bags of trail mix the dried fruit blend ones and dried apricots. this way when i see the cookies and brownies laying around the house ill go for a healthy snack instead because i noticed myself eating more cookiesand rits crackers and what not lately.

Check out the desert recipe thread for better alternatives to rice cakes, cookies and ritz crackers.

#855 marissa8161

marissa8161

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

A warning to everybody on here: do NOT try to gain weight on just vegetables. It won't work. I tried. Now I'm suffering from extreme IBS. I tore my intestines up with too much fiber. Oi.

Now, even though I'm scared, I'm adding in more grains and fats (but not dairy, no meat.) I absolutely HAVE to get myself healthy before college this fall... so I have no choice. I just pray that my face doesn't break out! (I may be just paranoid, but it seems like my forehead is getting a little bumpy...)

BREAKFAST: eggs, some applesauce, slice of whole-wheat toast with tons of peanut butter

LUNCH: Salad with romaine, spinach, cucumbers, carrots, and balsamic vinaigrette

DINNER: Salad with romaine, spinach, cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, roasted green beans and carrots, zucchini sauteed in olive oil, kidney beans, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and balsamic vinaigrette

DESSERT: Single-serve blueberry crisp: 2 cups blueberries with a topping made of 2 tbsp oats, 2 tbsp whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter, baked in 350*F oven for 30 minutes and then broiled for a minute to get a nice crust. Topped with a ton of melted peanut butter!

Still lots of veggies, but a LOT more fatty/sugary/carby things. Eeeee... so scared. I wish I could just eat what I want and enjoy gaining weight... but between my face and my intestines, this is just so STRESSFUL!!

#856 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

^ damn man, that must have been a LOT of fiber. What makes you say your intestines are 'torn up'?
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

#857 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Check out the desert recipe thread for better alternatives to rice cakes, cookies and ritz crackers.

cant seem to find it can you link me? thanks

#858 ohsailor

ohsailor

vegantastic.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

breakfast: cinammon oatmeal and banana
lunch: gluten free crackers, hummus, rice cakes and soya yoghurt

dinner will be : steamed casserole vegetables, green beans and mixed bean salad.

snack will be: dairy/gluten free biscuits, gluten free cereal and chocolate rice crackers
finacea log
vegan.

#859 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Zombies!!!!!!!!!,Cooking, selective research, intellectual conversations, comedy, oriental culture/cuisine, anime, Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX etc, manga, films,nature, holistic living, working out, writing short stories/poems, consoles, etc etc.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Pre-breakfast- Boiled eggs
Breakfast- Pb Sammich.
Post-breakfast- 2 chicken breasts with breadcrumbs.
Pre-lunch- Tuna sammich
Lunch (about to have now)- Either another PB sammich or some spaghetti bolognese :D

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

#860 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

It was the first time I ever cooked turnips and beets, and i have to say, just roasting them with chicken fat and salt is not enough. they need something more. Maybe some balsalmic vinegar. Rutabaga and sweet potatoes are good, but I knew that.

Yep, balsamic vinegar is good with beets, and with turnips lemon juice and paprika is a good combo. I usually roast turnips with either the chicken fat or duck/goose fat and some salt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users