Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Did You Eat Today?

250 posts in this topic

not sure how good is that, but I'm still making great efforts to switch to a healthy diet and beat my chocolate addiction, so:

-1 squeezed lemon + water

-about 50 ml noni juice

-1/2 cup pumpkin covered in about 3 tsp honey, water and about 2 tsp cocoa powder

- 800g grapes or so, that's 2 clusters one white one purple

and now I think I'm going to make some hummus (checked here seems to be acne-friendly) and celery sticks because I feel dead hungry...

-an organic dark chocolate bar (-_______-)

-the rest of that fage yogurt/apple raisin granola

- a pear

-1 bottled grape kombucha drink called Synergy with chia seeds (anyone else tried this? they're good)

-steamed chard, snow peas, spinach, cucumber, green bell pepper, and 4 cloves of garlic

-4 pieces of sashimi

-1 thai coconut

-a big mug of love crunch (granola with chocolate, and an eensy bit of soy) with unsweetened coconut milk and acai kefir

I think I went overboard on eating sugar/pushing oils out of my face today because I start my new job tomorrow and am anticipating it. Not like I'm doing myself any favors, it's just every time I do something I know I shouldn't I think "I deserve this. It's okay to do it right now as long as I don't later." I wish I had a couple more days to not touch my face/get out and exercise more. :(

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

1 banana, blueberries, strawberries, yoghurt + 2tsp cinnamon

1/2 avocado with some lemon juice

steamed broccolini, asparagus, pumpkin

1 raw carrot + hummus

smoothie: frozen raspberries, yoghurt, 1tsp cocoa

1 apple + peanut butter

a small amount of chicken cannelloni (not so great...my mum made it though and i couldn't say no)

salad: baby spinach, cherry tomatoes

and heaps of peppermint tea

This morning I had steamed veggies and 6 thick slices of bacon, which I don't think my body handled well,

so I chewed on some peppermint to settle my stomach.

I had a gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookie from a health food store around the corner, bought some vanilla extract/coconut sap for sweetener and made raw vegan chocolates with cashews from a recipe my friend gave me:

http://flatsound.tumblr.com/post/7754829163/chocolate

Now I'm eating steamed romaine, collard, baby bok choy, green bell peppers, and avocado with 4 cloves of garlic and a little salt. May have a thai coconut or a vegan chocolate in a bit. These are fun to write while I'm eating my last meal. :)

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

breakfast: 1 squeezed lemon, 4 or 5 handsful of pumpkin seeds, apricot seeds, almond mix & one big spoon of goji berries, 1 cup green tea w lemon

-will edit further during the day-

I just got home after a couple of months away and haven't been able to restock on superfoods yet. But I bought cabbage, sweet potatoes, eggs, mushrooms, leeks. I was hoping i had some Salmon in the freezer but no such luck.

I also haven't felt like spending much time in the kitchen so have been relying on my 'fast' foods. And, as long as I don't have that much on hand, i'm doing the intermittent fasting thing eating most of my calories between 7 and 3pm.

Breakfast has been whole oats soaked and cooked with coconut and spices which i had in the freezer so I'd have something to eat when I got home. With some chopped apple, nuts and seeds and a drizzle of coconut oil. Green tea

Lunch: Sweet potato with cayenne, olive oil and spinach.

Afternoon snack: Soft Boiled egg. One day I had several eggs and spinach as a late afternoon meal.

Dinner: Green smoothie heavy on the cabbage with some coconut oil to absorb the fat soluble nutrients in it and my supplements.

Assorted teas throughout the day, Nuts, some fruit whenever I wanted prior to evening.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

blueberries, 1 banana, yoghurt, 1tsp cinnamon

ginger, orange and apple juice (fresh)

a few slices of rockmelon, some dried apricots and apple, brazil nuts

steamed asparagus, broccoli and sweet potato

about 1/2 cup brown rice

pumpkin seeds, chia seeds (went and bought some after they were mentioned above^^ haha)

1 small apple

heaps of liquorice tea (contains liquorice root, fennel seeds and peppermint) and 2tsp coconut oil

for dinner, I plan on having lamb with a LOT of salad (baby spinach, capsicum, tomato, avocado)

I'm going to give this coconut oil thing a go...not expecting any miracles though.

No intermittent fast for me today. Or smoothie.

Oats & buckwheat soaked and cooked with coconut and spices, eaten with chopped apple and nuts/seeds and coconut oil.

Some Mexican Guisado - Couldn't tell if it was chunks of chicken or pork, lots of peppers sweet and very obviously otherwise. It was spicy. And some refried beans and tortillas.

Trout with sauteed leeks and mushrooms. Raspberries.

Assorted teas, cocoa, etc throughout the day

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

these days I've been kindof fasting on raw carrots, soaked pumpkin seeds drizzled w honey, soaked goji berries, grapes, some dried apricots etc, green tea, etc.

but today I have binged big time on about 2 cups steamed cauliflower covered in a paste of turmeric, ginger, cumin and grated garlic mixed w lemon juice. ah, and very very little butter (still don't know how to make ghee yet, next lesson), also one medium pickled cucumber, sliced. and then I had a ton of apples and carrots and 1 handful of pumpkin seeds or so, and goji, and about 5 cigarettes. and now I feel like I'd drink down a whole bottle of honey because this diet has had me thinking of chocolate way too much and I know I don't want and I don't need that and I don't even like it anymore. I think I'll have a cup of hot cocoa (1tsp cocoa powder?) w ginger instead but still not sure if that's safe and would't risk. I think I'll go for green tea&lemon instead and keep the hot chocolate plan for tomorrow. Omgomg sometmes I wish I was an anorexic or something, this would've made things a hell lot easier or less complicated for my lazy, fast-inclined (can't cook)/ binge-addicted (can't stop) neurotic personality.

This forum is so great in providing me with cool meal ideas tho, I have no words to say how invaluable this whole thing is for me.

No-diary/ no-gluten/ no-soy kind of cleared me up, I also exfoliate externally with BHA, but well, yeah. Think I'll re-introduce soy gradually and keep my fingers crossed that it won't break me out like hell on earth. :P And swear I'll never binge again like it's the last time I'll be seeing earthly food in ever. Any ideas to help liver in such situation?! I popped an ALA capsule, hope that'll be fine. eusa_pray.gif

these days I've been kindof fasting on raw carrots, soaked pumpkin seeds drizzled w honey, soaked goji berries, grapes, some dried apricots etc, green tea, etc.

but today I have binged big time on about 2 cups steamed cauliflower covered in a paste of turmeric, ginger, cumin and grated garlic mixed w lemon juice. ah, and very very little butter (still don't know how to make ghee yet, next lesson), also one medium pickled cucumber, sliced. and then I had a ton of apples and carrots and 1 handful of pumpkin seeds or so, and goji, and about 5 cigarettes. and now I feel like I'd drink down a whole bottle of honey because this diet has had me thinking of chocolate way too much and I know I don't want and I don't need that and I don't even like it anymore. I think I'll have a cup of hot cocoa (1tsp cocoa powder?) w ginger instead but still not sure if that's safe and would't risk. I think I'll go for green tea&lemon instead and keep the hot chocolate plan for tomorrow. Omgomg sometmes I wish I was an anorexic or something, this would've made things a hell lot easier or less complicated for my lazy, fast-inclined (can't cook)/ binge-addicted (can't stop) neurotic personality.

I don't think fasting is a good way for anyone to beat a chocolate addiction or any tendency to binge, least of all a 'fast-inclined, binge-addicted personality'. Forget fasting and eat properly.

Why don't you think cocoa and ginger are 'safe?' And you'd be better off having some chocolate if avoiding it is making you want to drink a bottle of honey, not to mention smoke 5 cigarettes. Just look for dark, high cacao, low sugar chocolate, have a little piece and have it with some nuts or something you are not intolerant to. Or get some coconut oil, stevia and cocoa and make 'fudge.' If you visit the Food and Recipe thread, there are tons of alternatives to your cravings.

1 person likes this

Insane Omelette.

10 eggs, diced shiitake mushrooms, shredded endives, tomato paste, shredded beef, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, serrano peppers, avocados, mustard greens, sea salt, red cabbage, diced celery.

After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.

Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:

-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.

-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.

-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)

-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.

-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.

-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.

-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

Insane Omelette.

10 eggs, diced shiitake mushrooms, shredded endives, tomato paste, shredded beef, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, serrano peppers, avocados, mustard greens, sea salt, red cabbage, diced celery.

That is insane chunky!! Is this the only meal for today? cool.png

I've been stuffing myself with veggies to try and get rid of my acne. I think one of the (many) possible triggers for this sudden onslaught of zits was my poor diet in June and July... I don't really know exactly what I should or shouldn't be eating, but I figure tons of vegetables never hurt anyone...

Breakfast

1 cup Special K Protein Plus cereal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk

1 cup Eggbeaters, 2 cups spinach, 2 tbsp sugar-free ketchup

Lunch

Salad: 2 cups raw spinach, 1 cup steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, sweet peppers), 1 bell pepper, 2 oz baked boneless skinless chicken breast

2 bell peppers, 1/2 cucumber (sliced)

Workout

45 minutes elliptical intervals

60 minutes weights - legs (rinsed my face off between the cardio and weights so that I wouldn't have the sweat sitting on my skin for so long... is that okay?)

Dinner

Salad: 1 head romaine lettuce, 6 cups steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), 1 Boca burger (original vegan), 12 almonds, 3 tbsp sesame-ginger dressing, 1/4 cup wheat germ

1 whole-grain roll

Dessert

Homemade dairy-free ice cream: 2 oz tofu, 1/2 banana, 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder, 1 cup strawberries, 2 cups almond milk (all blended together and churned in my ice cream machine--sooo good!)

Does anybody see anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?

-1 small cup psyllium gel

-1 cup hot chocolate w ginger

- 1 cup salvia tea w clove

-1 cup hot chocolate w ginger (1 sp cocoa 1/4 ginger)

-2 sliced apples garnished w cinnamon

-1 carrot

-1 big bowl of romaine salad w scallions and diced kohlrabi (haha, goodlookin and neutral enough to replace cheese or even tofu) and a dressing (that's where it gets improv) apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon honey, GARLIC (I still think that kohlrabi saved the whole formula), all sprinkled with a handful of soaked pumpkin seeds and almonds -- tasted refreshing

- 1/2 pickled cucumber

- 1 handful of grapes

was still restless and in need for some REAL dessert so I came up with this brilliant idea

chocolate cream

- 2 teaspoons butter melted in a saucepan about 10 seconds, until liquid, mixed with 2 teaspoons cocoa powder until made a paste; pour 1 teaspoon honey, mix some more, then a dash of cinnamon, whoaz got in touch with my inner, long lost, mental self again <3

as long as I don't eat more butter today 2 teaspoons sounds like a decent limit, I use more butter on steamed broccoli anyway.

note to self - cocoa addiction is something I, for one, can't work against. Just gotta make this, and good skin, work as a team somehow..

(hmmm, what if I mix turmeric in that, or some other anti-inflammatory thing. or make it with ghee! why, y'all, I'll keep you posted on this chocolate odyssey wink.png

1 person likes this

-1 small cup psyllium gel

-1 cup hot chocolate w ginger

- 1 cup salvia tea w clove

-1 cup hot chocolate w ginger (1 sp cocoa 1/4 ginger)

-2 sliced apples garnished w cinnamon

-1 carrot

-1 big bowl of romaine salad w scallions and diced kohlrabi (haha, goodlookin and neutral enough to replace cheese or even tofu) and a dressing (that's where it gets improv) apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon honey, GARLIC (I still think that kohlrabi saved the whole formula), all sprinkled with a handful of soaked pumpkin seeds and almonds -- tasted refreshing

- 1/2 pickled cucumber

- 1 handful of grapes

was still restless and in need for some REAL dessert so I came up with this brilliant idea

chocolate cream

- 2 teaspoons butter melted in a saucepan about 10 seconds, until liquid, mixed with 2 teaspoons cocoa powder until made a paste; pour 1 teaspoon honey, mix some more, then a dash of cinnamon, whoaz got in touch with my inner, long lost, mental self again <3

as long as I don't eat more butter today 2 teaspoons sounds like a decent limit, I use more butter on steamed broccoli anyway.

note to self - cocoa addiction is something I, for one, can't work against. Just gotta make this, and good skin, work as a team somehow..

(hmmm, what if I mix turmeric in that, or some other anti-inflammatory thing. or make it with ghee! why, y'all, I'll keep you posted on this chocolate odyssey wink.png

Are you referring to Salvia divinorum or some other plant in the Salvia genus? gasp.gif

Insane Omelette.

That is insane chunky!! Is this the only meal for today? cool.png

Yeah! It fills me up ridiculously fast. Then again, I've been making a lot of ephedra tea lately too which is lowering my appetite a bit and makes me full faster.

Anyway, today I had clams with jalapeno-mushroom gravy for a late lunch. Mouth is gonna fall off.

After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.

Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:

-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.

-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.

-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)

-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.

-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.

-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.

-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

So far I've haaad:

-a small mug of organic tropical applesauce (has a variety of fruits in it)

-some organic grapes I picked up today and are super sweet (and also $8 whoa)

-a dish at a raw/vegan place up the street: (Sherpa Sandwich) Hemp Pesto, Fresh Vegetables, Avocado, and Marinated Kale. Served open-faced on our house-made raw bread, drizzled with Curry Cream sauce and topped with Vegan Parmesan.

(I think the vegan parmesan had soy in it or something because my stomach didn't feel awesome after this)

-and I just ate sliced organic bartlett pear in some goat kefir, probably will do spinach and broccoli tonight

Are you referring to Salvia divinorum or some other plant in the Salvia genus? gasp.gif

hahaha, sorry about that confusion, I meant salvia officinalis, didn't know the english common name for that, found it out later on - so yeah now I'm a total SAGE junkie (my native language always confuses those because it calls sage salvia :)

1 person likes this

for breakfast, I had some oatmeal and a peach

lunch: taco salad (beans, rice, lettuce, beef, salsa) *yumm*

snack: carrots and hummus

Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

two apples, diced, spiced w cinnamon

1 cup green tea with aniseed and clove

1 cocoa fudge (like that recipe I posted above although I'm switching to almond butter soon since butter + cocoa might be inflammatory)

apricot seeds

1 cup water w psyllium

- 1/2 cup steamed brocolli and brown rice, with a dressing of turmeric, crushed garlic, lemon, (a bit of) honey and very little salt

-even more of that brown rice w garlic & turmeric sauce

-green tea

-grapes

- 1 cup hot chocolate w cinnamon & ginger

-some pumpkin seeds

-grapes

and for tomorrow.. I ran out of ideas, gotta do some stalking on your previous posts you guys :P

ah and I've been studying the dessert topic here today. just gorgeous :)

this morning I drank 8oz of water mixed with a tsp of bentonite clay (giving something I've been looking into online a go)

about an hour or so after i had some goat kefir, organic red seedless grapes, and an organic sapote (fruit that tastes like custard, yum). I cut an organic papaya I have in half but it's not ripe yet.

Then I had leftover steamed collards/broccoli from last night with garlic and flax seeds before leaving for a music festival in golden gate park to see one of my favorite bands, deVotchKa play.

There was a food stand selling food from these people's organic farm, so I plunked down $8 for a salad of mixed greens and tempeh, their house sauce was good everything in it I approved of. I know tempeh is a soy product, but my housemate I went with says it isn't processed like tofu? Going to look more into this because it was delicious.

rocked out hard

now I'm drinking ginger yerba mate ice tea, thinking about making this: http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/2011/02/hybrid-pizza.html for dinner, or something off that blog. My new job officially starts tomorrow and I want stuff to eat on my break. :P

Also hopefully my boyfriend will bring some psyllium husks home from whole foods so I can jump on that bandwagon. The more i'm reading the more I'm excited to try it.

1/2c. oats cooked with coconut milk, plus some walnuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon

went to sushi train for lunch and had tuna and avocado rolls (maki?), salmon nigiri and some green tea

salad: baby spinach, sweet potato, grilled chicken and sundried tomatoes

3 eggs (scrambled) with broccoli, tomatoes, grated carrot and some random herbs from my garden (still have no idea when it comes to cooking)

red capsicum stuffed with brown rice, pine nuts and fetta

an orange

Gotta admit that I love reading this thread, is it weird that I like reading about what people eat so much?

It's 6am right now so I'll write about what I ate yesterday:

oats cooked in water with almonds, walnuts and cinnamon

homemade soup (spinach, carrots, zuchinni, tomato, cabbage and garlic)

a nectarine

carrots and celery with homemade hummus

green lentils, sweet potato, kale, tomatoes and curry spices cooked in a crockpot

an apple

-today I almost had a big sweet potato for breakfast but it didn't cook long enough so I only ate the cooked parts

(and upon coming home to find my dear sweet boyfriend had eaten what i put in the fridge for later -__- )

-finished up the grapes, had some with my lunch at work

-had a small pumpkin smoothie from jamba juice, substituted the soymilk with peach juice and it turned out to be really good! almost got the protein boost but that has soy in it so I got a fiber boost instead

-ate leftover from the pizza i made last night on my lunch (substituted shredded mozzarella for shredded daiya cheese and used goat cheese and asiago/tomatoes/sliced greek olives for toppings

-samboza acai drink with lots of berries in it

i think i might go to the store to get bread for the hummus i bought, definitely will also have organic steamed collards/spinach