Face darker than rest of body

2 replies to this topic

#1 zzzboy

zzzboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

hello. so im pretty much clear now and i dont have to use any products to stay relatively stable. i was wondering, though, why my face is a few shades darker than the rest of my body? do acne products cause your face to get darker, or do you think the excess BP/SA made my skin more prone to tanning?

also, does anyone know how oil can affect how your skin tans? the only thing different about my face is that its obviously much oilier than the rest of my body and that i used acne products before. can a washcloth affect darkening too (i use a washcloth everywhere, though, but only my face is darker).

any ways to fix this problem? ive ordered a good sunscreen that should be coming soon. ive heard to use hydroquinone, but it seems a bit extreme (i dont have melasma...just general darker skin).

im scared to use any products that would make my skin more photosensitive (ie glycolic acid) because it will just make it worse when i go out into the sun.

thanks!

#2 Yo Adrienne!

Yo Adrienne!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

my face doesnt tan very well, but is always darker than my neck. you tend to tan better where you have more pigment in your skin. i dont think acne products have anything to do with that. oils/tanning lotions moisturize the skin so that it is healthier and healthy skin tans better and lasts longer. so if you have natural oils in your skin, it might help it tan better. BP and SA might make your skin more sensitive to the sun so it might make it tan darker rather than burning (like me).

#3 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

http://www.acne.org/...16#entry2436016

I found that adding a bit of extra virgin olive oil to my moisturizer helped my skin a lot. Not only was it more hydrated, but the olive oil helped even out my tone and faded my red marks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users