Photo

I need input - just picked my face - ugly wound

vitamin e

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 kayem

kayem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

Hi! I'm new to this - but I decided to give it a shot. There's got to be someone out there who can help. So I have mild to moderate acne - sometimes..rarely...I do get cysts. I use Proactiv and I also use RetinA cream about 3 times a week. I cleanse my face with Cetaphil and I always protect my skin from the sun. 4 days ago I noticed a deep zit - you know the ones that seem to go on endlessly under the skin. I KNEW I shoudlnt but I squeezed it BEFORE it was really ripe. What resulted was an ugly mess. Blood, pus and a wound. This morning I KNEW everyone was staring at the red mass the size of Texas on my cheek. My skin was thin anyway because of the retin A..and now I feel like I've really damaged my skin...I just put vitamin E on it. Been afraid to use anything else. ANy ideas on how to heal it? Its going to be a nasty scar isnt it? SHould I put my Proctive lotion on it? Should I put the retin A on it? Please HELP.

Thanks!

#2 Matt007

Matt007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

when i do pick - which is often - i know where to stop.if its not ripe dont pick it!!!
i mean vitamin e will help and all but your skin has to go through the healing process.no ways to speed that up....! i just picked one myself and i know its only gonna be back to 'normal' on sunday.

#3 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

Don't put the Proactiv Lotion on it, the Proactiv Lotion is actually Benzoyl Peroxide and will dry the wound out and may make it scar deeper. Whenever I have a truly icky wound on my face I use the Neosporin creme (the gel tends to clog pores) and band-aid it overnight, sometimes for several nights in a row. It brings down the redness and inflammation pretty well.

(And we all tend to kick ourselves for picking, it's okay!)
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#4 Lilypale

Lilypale

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Vitamin E is a really good idea and will help prevent scarring. I wouldn't put anything drying on it. It is very important to keep a wound moist because it will heal faster and keep it from scarring. If there is a possibility the wound is infected, use Neosporin. If the wound is not infected keep using the Vitamin E oil or use vaseline. I hope it heals quickly!
AM and PM Regimen:
Estee Lauder Soft Clean Creme Cleanser
Estee Lauder Soft Clean Toner
Dan's BP
Estee Lauder Hydrationist + Desert Essence Jojoba Oil

Diet:
Vegetarian

Exercise:
Kundalini yoga daily
Core cross train

Supplements:
Hair, Skin, and Nails
Vitamin E, Flaxseed Oil, Inositol (B9)

Cosmetics:
Estee Lauder

#5 avg

avg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

I just had a nasty deep wound on my face that I swore was infected. I cleaned it with alcohol and applied honey on it (Honey is an antibacterial and helps with helaing) and put a bandaid on it. Did this for 4 days and now its gone. I mean you can see a faint light pink shade but it will fade over time and with a little concealer its invisible.

I just picked my face three days ago and made another painful wound. I have the honey with a band aid right now and leave it on all day and night (changing the bandaid once a day to a fresh one) and so far so good. It's healing nicely.

Try this, but the best thing you can do is leave it alone and take a lot of Vitamic C (vitamic c helps build collagen and connective tissue which is what our skin is made of)

#6 aasaalhum

aasaalhum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

the word "ripe" when referring to zits makes me shudderrrrrrrrrrr!

#7 onceperfect

onceperfect

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

kiddo if you can get an appointment emergency with a derm and get a cortisone injection that would be the best for bringing the inflamation down.

If not, ice it continuously, and then put some anti inflammatory cream as was suggested by elsewhere put some antibiotic cream on it and bandaid

don't put retin A on it

you're skin will heal you will be ok

Acne level moderate - under control 
Clindamycin and 100mg doxycycline stopped dec 22 2008-2010.

restarted 2013

Diane25 last two months

salicylic acid 2% glycolic 15% now and then.

Restylane injections for two scars.
laser for one pigmented sun spot caused by antibiotics.

#8 badskin4life

badskin4life

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (kayem @ Feb 8 2009, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! I'm new to this - but I decided to give it a shot. There's got to be someone out there who can help. So I have mild to moderate acne - sometimes..rarely...I do get cysts. I use Proactiv and I also use RetinA cream about 3 times a week. I cleanse my face with Cetaphil and I always protect my skin from the sun. 4 days ago I noticed a deep zit - you know the ones that seem to go on endlessly under the skin. I KNEW I shoudlnt but I squeezed it BEFORE it was really ripe. What resulted was an ugly mess. Blood, pus and a wound. This morning I KNEW everyone was staring at the red mass the size of Texas on my cheek. My skin was thin anyway because of the retin A..and now I feel like I've really damaged my skin...I just put vitamin E on it. Been afraid to use anything else. ANy ideas on how to heal it? Its going to be a nasty scar isnt it? SHould I put my Proctive lotion on it? Should I put the retin A on it? Please HELP.

Thanks!

Hi,
Just last Saturday morning, 6/1/10, after my daughter's soccer game, in the van mirror, I kept picking and squeezing at a little white head on the bridge of my nose. I don't know what came over me, but I just kept squeezing with my nails until I finally got the white out. Unfortunately, that night before bed, I noticed that I had totally f'd up the skin on my nose. I thought, Oh my god, what have you done now. it's bad enough you look like a monster, now even if the zits and crap ever go away, now you'll have this scar because you just couldn't let that little white bump alone. I happened to have somethng in my medicine cabinet that I'm sure not most people have.
I had a ionic nano silver spray (water and ionic silver), that I had previously bought online when I thought that my son had moluscum on his legs. Ionic silver is known for its healing properties, so I took my chances and applied it to my nose with a Q-tip and followed this, when dry, with
Aquafor ointment. I did this every morning, afternoon and night for a few days and I can't even
notice a scar on my nose. Keep in mind that I am very fair skinned, so for me to not see a scar is very phenomenal for me. I'm pretty sure that the nano silver is not helping with my overall disgustingly ugly skin problem, but at least it seemed to help fend off a scar from my incessant picking.

#9 mulzachan

mulzachan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

if i would ever pick something that was really, really bad, and i could hardly stand it, i would get some neosporin on it right away, cut out a small strip of a band aid and cover it.

i actually just recently, 2 months ago or so, had this little whitehead on my neck, and i made it worse by trying to pop it too soon, and then made it worse by trying again later, and before i knew it, i had a mark that was three times bigger than it started, and it stung.

so i cut a small strip of a band aid, one just big enough to cover the mark, and i put some vitamin e on it and just put the band aid over it. about three or four days later, i took the band aid off and it was a pink mark, fading away, no longer hurting. and of course, i wasn't embarrassed about it at all. it SHOULD have had a band aid on it, it wasn't a pimple anymore, it was skin that i had picked off, and to stop myself, i had a band aid over it so i couldn't touch it, and i could let it heal.