Too much sodium cause acne?

3 replies to this topic

#1 the fiverman

the fiverman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

I had chili almost everyday this week. with no break outs. but on friday i had a pretty big serving of it and later on that day i notice 3 new pimples.

i was wondering if too much sodium is related to any acne flare ups.

#2 deadonfive

deadonfive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

It must be another ingredient in the chili; such as hydrogenated oils or refined sugars (even in savory foods, there's a good amount of sugar if it's store bought and factory made.)

I've never heard of anyone saying that too much sodium breaks them out, overall it's a good source of iodine, which helps regulate your thyroid/adrenal glands. There are some people though who get breakouts when they eat shellfish (a source of iodine) so I'm not sure what that's about. Check the other ingredients in your chili first.

#3 shavingwoes

shavingwoes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (the fiverman @ Feb 7 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had chili almost everyday this week. with no break outs. but on friday i had a pretty big serving of it and later on that day i notice 3 new pimples.

i was wondering if too much sodium is related to any acne flare ups.

You do need sodium, but like just about everything, you can get too much of it. I know for me personally, I need more sodium than most people do but if I pass a certain point then I get more oil production (not excessive, but I can tell).

#4 Mountainman

Mountainman

straight up ganja toker

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Nature, mountains/mountain streams, love, philosophy, traveling, backpacking, biking, walking, going long distances on my own two feet, flowers, trees, hemp, dreadlocks, mind altering substances:), art, batiking/tie dying, protests, hammocks, gardening, smoke, campfires on cool nights, fall colors, rain, thunder booming and reverberating through mountains, hippie girls and passionate hippie sex :), health rainbows, fog, henry david thoreau, oh yea and clear skin :)...which i am currently working on. but hey gotta stay optomistic

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

hahaha ive been eating a lot of chile too my friend. i usually eat a lot of salty foods but i have never noticed a correlation between that and acne. in fact i have been eating a lottt of salt, yet my skin is the clearest it has been in a longggggg time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users