Adult Acne-Staph Infection?

5 replies to this topic

#1 expirationdate

expirationdate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

I'm about to go to the doctor next week because of my acne. I've been looking high and low and found something about Staph Infections. They usually start out as sore, red bumps and grow into larger red bumps and are sore to touch and eventually form a white "pus" center. If you pop this center, the center can grow back within a day if the area is still infected with staphylococcus.

Right now, I'm trying to find any possible solution in the book and was wondering if anyone else experienced this type of acne? The only type of acne I get is when a small red bump appears and it uncontrollably grows despite whatever salicyclic, glycolic or benzoyl peroxide I put on it. I'm thinking if you scrub your skin too hard or use harsh irritants, could it cause minor breaks in the skin and lead to staph infections? I also get swollen lymph nodes as well, which is also a symptom of a staph infection.

I highly recommend you take a look at what staph looks like. I'm 21 and only developed acne cysts after I started to use harsh cleansers. Maybe these harsh cleansers caused microscopic cuts in my skin which could lead to staph infection?

I have 0 body acne...0. This includes my neck. Maybe the "wash only with water" regimen works with some people because the harshness of cleansers don't irritate their skin?

My most important question in relation to this...does anyone else here get adult acne exclusively on the face? I'm really thinking if it's the case, then it's a case of infection due to improper cleansing (not lack of persay..but perhaps overcleansing causing follicular breaks in walls..especially with exfoliation)

#2 Portland Polly

Portland Polly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

I just went to the doctor the other day and found out I have a low grade staph infection and it looked exactly as you described. I am using Metrolotion now, day and night to clear the infection and have switched to mild cleansing products and a light moisturizer. It's my 2nd day on the Metrolotion and I can see a difference. Not so red, not too many new bumps and others have calmed down. I tossed out all my makeup tools, got everything new, will brave the rest of the week and weekend without makeup, hoping to make a clean start by Monday.

The staph was unlike my normal acne; huge bumps filled with puss, sore, tender, red face. Mostly on chin and nose which my doc said is normal; that's where it starts "breeding" or whatever.

I just wonder how I caught it? Hubby says from too much cleansing (toner, cleanser, scrubs, masks, etc.). Doc said it's possible to rub off the good bacteria on your face and the protective layer of skin. Told not to use toner, washcloths, brushes, etc. Just use my hands!

Good luck!!!

#3 expirationdate

expirationdate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Portland Polly @ Jan 30 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just went to the doctor the other day and found out I have a low grade staph infection and it looked exactly as you described. I am using Metrolotion now, day and night to clear the infection and have switched to mild cleansing products and a light moisturizer. It's my 2nd day on the Metrolotion and I can see a difference. Not so red, not too many new bumps and others have calmed down. I tossed out all my makeup tools, got everything new, will brave the rest of the week and weekend without makeup, hoping to make a clean start by Monday.

The staph was unlike my normal acne; huge bumps filled with puss, sore, tender, red face. Mostly on chin and nose which my doc said is normal; that's where it starts "breeding" or whatever.

I just wonder how I caught it? Hubby says from too much cleansing (toner, cleanser, scrubs, masks, etc.). Doc said it's possible to rub off the good bacteria on your face and the protective layer of skin. Told not to use toner, washcloths, brushes, etc. Just use my hands!

Good luck!!!

I'm very glad you responded because it's giving me confidence that what appears to be acne are actually boils caused by a staph infection. I sincerely hope this is the case so I can live my life once and for all. I know what acne looks like and this definitely hasn't been like any normal acne I've had in the past.

#4 expirationdate

expirationdate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

Good luck!!!

I'm very glad you responded because it's giving me confidence that what appears to be acne are actually boils caused by a staph infection. I sincerely hope this is the case so I can live my life once and for all. I know what acne looks like and this definitely hasn't been like any normal acne I've had in the past.

#5 mikedomes909

mikedomes909

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (expirationdate @ Jan 30 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm about to go to the doctor next week because of my acne. I've been looking high and low and found something about Staph Infections. They usually start out as sore, red bumps and grow into larger red bumps and are sore to touch and eventually form a white "pus" center. If you pop this center, the center can grow back within a day if the area is still infected with staphylococcus.

Right now, I'm trying to find any possible solution in the book and was wondering if anyone else experienced this type of acne? The only type of acne I get is when a small red bump appears and it uncontrollably grows despite whatever salicyclic, glycolic or benzoyl peroxide I put on it. I'm thinking if you scrub your skin too hard or use harsh irritants, could it cause minor breaks in the skin and lead to staph infections? I also get swollen lymph nodes as well, which is also a symptom of a staph infection.

I highly recommend you take a look at what staph looks like. I'm 21 and only developed acne cysts after I started to use harsh cleansers. Maybe these harsh cleansers caused microscopic cuts in my skin which could lead to staph infection?

I have 0 body acne...0. This includes my neck. Maybe the "wash only with water" regimen works with some people because the harshness of cleansers don't irritate their skin?

My most important question in relation to this...does anyone else here get adult acne exclusively on the face? I'm really thinking if it's the case, then it's a case of infection due to improper cleansing (not lack of persay..but perhaps overcleansing causing follicular breaks in walls..especially with exfoliation)

I had the same problem .. Treat it before it gets really bad. I think what causes it over treating the skin.. Go to the derm and get prescription of bactrim.. Dont use the.topical creme cuz.it.will burn leyers let me know how it turns out god bless you

#6 mikedomes909

mikedomes909

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

Good luck!!!

I had the same problem I got acne due to stress. But I over treated it.. By cleaning it to much.. And I also got a low grade of staph . The bactrim took my bumps away but left huge red marks. My question to u is.. Should I use toner? I notice I got blackheads using toner with moisturizer.. Please help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users