Photo

How much lemon in the lemon water?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 fut

fut

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:48 PM

Whats the best way to go by making lemon water? How much lemon should I squeeze into one glass? Thanks.

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:58 PM

I'm a boyscout...always prepared. I take eight lemons (it's on sale 4/$1.00) and pre-squeeze them into a bottle. That way, I'll always have lemon handy. I put enough so it isnt' dang sour, but enough to kill the tepid taste of water.

Gargle with baking soda each night (if you want) to counteract the acidity of the lemon on your teeth.

#3 fut

fut

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:46 PM

thanks =P~ props to jc one of the most helpful on this board =D>

#4 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:52 PM

Noooooooo problemo! biggrin.gif Read this passage too (important for those who think that lemon, as an acid, is bad for you:

"Note that a food's acid or alkaline-forming tendency in the body has nothing to do with the actual pH of the food itself. For example, lemons are very acidic, however the end-products they produce after digestion and assimilation are very alkaline so lemons are alkaline-forming in the body. Likewise, meat will test alkaline before digestion but it leaves very acidic residue in the body so, like nearly all animal products, meat is very acid-forming."

#5 undertow

undertow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:38 PM

how about buying and using a bottle of lemon juice. is it just as good as juicing a lemon?

#6 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:46 PM

^more often than not, the bottled lemon juice will have preservatives, and sometimes has additional additives. If you can find pure 100% organic lemon juice, that will probably be the closest thing to squeezing your own lemons.

Another thing...buy organic lemons. (Me? Just sometimes...lol)

#7 hikarino

hikarino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:08 AM

Gargle with baking soda each night (if you want) to counteract the acidity of the lemon on your teeth.

What do you mean by that? i'm stupid but is it that lemon is not good for teeth?! :?

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:52 AM

What do you mean by that? i'm stupid but is it that lemon is not good for teeth?!  :?

Well, in a way, what you said is correct. Lemon becomes good for us after digestion and assimilation (becomes alkaline), however, beforehand it is still an acid an may eat away at the enamel on our teeth. Funnily enough, my sister brought home baking soda toothpaste that very same week! Purrrrrrrrfect.

Swishing your teeth with baking soda isn't so happy times. smile.gif