vitamin vitamins vitamin d fish oil

232 replies to this topic

#221 MsPoindexter

MsPoindexter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi- I am glad that some have had success with Vitamin D, but it has done the opposite for me. I have had acne for going on 15 years (age 27) and started having hormonal acne at age 18. I have tried everything under the sun! You name it, I tried it. I recently started taking Vitamin D after everyone has raved about it. I took it for the last two weeks, and my skin has broken out like never before. I did not get any new cystic acne, but I have woken up with 2-4 new small pustules everyday for a week! This has never happened before! Seriously, they were all over my chin. So, yesterday, I stopped taking it, and woke up this morning with now new zits. It has to be the Vitamin D for me. I know I am likely deficient too because I never go out in the sun and always wear sunscreen. I think that this is the reason that Vitamin D has not gotten more awareness- because it doesn't work for everyone.

I am curious. Has anyone else like me broke out over Vitamin D? I was taking 800 IUs per day. I know 2 weeks is not a very long time, but I had to stop because it was making everything worse.

I have decided to read and follow the Clear Skin Diet, and interestingly Vitamin D is not mentioned. Here is my new regimen to regulate my hormonal levels, other than oral contraceptives:

Chromium 500 mg, Vitamin A 2000 IU, Cinnamon, Calcium/ Magnesium/ Zinc (Zinc- 15), Lipoic Acid, and finally probiotics. I am also cutting out sugar and carbohydrates and keeping a clear skin dietary log.

**Correct, I meant to say "I woke up with NO new zits after stopping Vitamin D." It's definitely not the answer for me.

#222 AdamGreg

AdamGreg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Fortified Milk products

Vitamin D is not really a naturally sourced nutritional found in standard milk. As a result, vitamin D is usually added in. Commercially purchased milk, soy milk and also rice milk included in containers tend to be found to incorporate vitamin D.

Cod liver oil

Cod liver oil has been put in the listing of food resources for vitamin D. Aside from currently being a high method to obtain vitamin D, it is usually discovered to be loaded with different wellness improving nourishing substances such as vitamin A as well as omega-3 efa's.

Egg Yolk

Egg yolk is available in the collection of normal food resources for vitamin D. Nevertheless, it is not a great choice for all those troubled with high-cholesterol.

Though, uncooked fish is certainly one of the top food resources for vitamin D, cooking food accurately prior to taking in it is strongly recommended to avoid a myriad of parasitic illness. Besides preparing food over hot temperature, be sure to prevent deep frying, alternatively go with baked as well as barbequed fish for healthy and balanced preparing food.

Useful Story: vitaminddeficiencysymptomsguide.com

#223 numbaunstunna

numbaunstunna

Natural Healing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I like to read books and go on long walks with my sweetheart wife. I love nature and go hiking a lot. Enjoy the scenery in Arizona!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Congrats on clearing up by taking Vitamin D. For me, it didnt do anything...

#224 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

So how much vitamin d per day is safe? Is vitamin d3 just as potent as regular vitamin d?

#225 mikito

mikito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Atlanta, thank you for sharing with us your success with Vitamine D.

I only want to add for those who think that probably they don't have too much sun where they live, that I live in Ibiza (Spain) 365 days of sun, and I still suffering from severe cistyc acne.

#226 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Has anyone here broken out from taking vitamin d3?

#227 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Has anyone here broken out from taking vitamin d3?

yes

#228 jb00

jb00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

I am not sure if taking vitamin d3 helped with my acne, but definitely it gave me constant energy. I don't feel tired at all throughout the day. No need for coffee or energy drinks which is amazing!

#229 freja

freja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Fantasy, art, food, baking, folk music, unicorns, ferrets, cats, ecology and Paganism, among other things.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

I've been taking vitamin D3 for about a week now. It's too early to tell anything regarding my skin, and I'll post here again when I feel more confident if it is or is not working. However, it has definitely lifted my energy levels!

#230 pilotphase

pilotphase

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

So I decided to give vitamin D a try, ive got very low levels. Just had my first pill today, i will see how this goes.

My acne is mainly comedonal nothing cystic, but a lot of clogged pores and oil secretion.

#231 markd343

markd343

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I'm on my 3rd day of vitamin d3 im taking 5,000 UI. I'm till getting acne am going to up the dose to 10,000 UI to see if the breakouts stop.

#232 sonicx2218

sonicx2218

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Most of the posts here never updated with how their treatment went. Total bummer.

#233 sonicx2218

sonicx2218

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'll chime in that it did minimal stuff for me. It's also important you don't od. My body gets very sick if I take more than 1,000IU. Zinc didn't solve the issue, but it did way more for me than D3 did, and I buy the top of the line expensive stuff. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users