Photo

How long does red/brown marks fade naturally?

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 MARYGRASS

MARYGRASS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

iv'e got red marks on the sides of my cheeks and some of them say 30% faded but that took months to fade
anyway
has anyone faded their red/brown spots by just waiting time to past by
and how long did it take you?
eusa_think.gif

btw i tried acv and other natural ways it helped a bit but after for using it for a few weeks, my face became super oily. so i stoped

#2 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

Perhaps a year, maybe even two years. You will notice some more improvement before then though.

#3 MARYGRASS

MARYGRASS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Nike73086 @ Jan 27 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps a year, maybe even two years. You will notice some more improvement before then though.

phew at least my red marks are quite old say about 6 months old
but i hope it doesn't last up to 2 years
man that is so long

#4 hodget17

hodget17

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

yeah, about a year for the skin to seriously heal, but maybe slightly longer if u wish for them to be totally gone. in my case, i had severe pigmentation from bad breakouts in july last year, and now 6 months on, i would say the pigmentation has reduced about 40%, but i think you'll find that the lighter the get, the quicker they'll go.

#5 Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

In my experience it really takes time for the skin to completely heal on its own. There's almost nothing you can do about. I'm also in this stage at the moment. Just be grateful that you don't have any further breakouts. I like to observe the progress my skin is making and you can't deny that red marks won't fade with time. It's actually the time I realize what an deep impact this little picking, touching and squeezing has on the skin. So just excercise in patience and try not to think about it so much.

#6 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

MaryGrass, be sure to continue wearing sunscreen to prevent any kind of damage from the sun. Two years is long, and that's how my derm told me. She answered in a blunt tone too, so I was devastated to hear the news. But, I did use Retin-A Micro, which helped accelerate the healing.

#7 dagger

dagger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

I'm five months past the time my skin was at its worst...My marks have faded about 40-50%. The ones on my cheeks take like a year to heal, but everywhere else heals within months! I HATE that!!!

Good luck. smile.gif

#8 RobTheFool

RobTheFool

Nice!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, I got about 8 red marks and then loads of tiny red marks on my chin, it looks like I have loads! They are about 4 months old and some a bit older, I'd say they have faded by maybe 25%, they still look very bad in bright light. It makes me so sad that they will take months to clear sad.gif

But the other day I ordered Glycolic acid pads, so hopefully these will help to clear me up more quickly, I'm just so sick of this, months and months and all i can do is wait for them to heal ;(

#9 NEGATIVE CREEP

NEGATIVE CREEP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

um i apply vitamin e cream as soon as the scab comes off and they are usually gone in 2 weeks...and for brown marks mederma can get rid of them in 2wks as well

#10 MARYGRASS

MARYGRASS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

actually the really small hyperpigmented spots are almost completely gone ha it took only 4 t0 five months
but i guess it depends on how severe ur redmarks are

however on the right side of my face there are about 15 red/brown marks clumped all together which makes my face look weird

but only the really old ones are fading away

but the new ones are so bright red but its slowly fading i guess

#11 ntuk

ntuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

Here's a related question I've never seen answered.. but someone mentioned the phenomena above.

If I get a nasty spot on my chin, even if it swells up, goes angry red, fills with puss, (you know the works) the whole darn thing heals up in a week - without fail. Not a trace of it left behind. The same thing with the right side of my face.

However, the left side of my face, the smallest little thing ends up marking my face for months at minimum, and some marks have been there over a year. I hate to think it's BP related damage, but I have a feeling that it is.

BP is supposedly helping the breakouts, but creating free radicals and oxidizing my skin, and then I'm using Turmeric paste on the red marks at night which is this powerful antioxidant and taking vitamin C which is also an antioxidant. I feel sorry for my skin.. it probably doesn't know if it's coming or going.

Really weird, slightly worrying, and mostly disheartening.

ntrino

#12 hodget17

hodget17

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

yeah, i also have slightly weird distribution of pigmentation.

if i get a spot around the cheekbone (under the eye - where i get the majority of spots), the mark will take probably 8-12 months to heal.

yet if i get a spot on the cheek, forehead, or jawline the pigmentation is usually gone in a month.

strange...

#13 nods

nods

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

I get a red mark after most pimples whether I sqeeze/pick them or not.
I've got 4 major ones on my chin right now and some on my forehead. My cheeks are pink (I have rosacea) so it's less noticeable on there and I don't tend to get many spots on my cheeks because they're much drier, but I've noticed that if I do get a spot on my cheek it heals much quicker..I think that's because there's so much blood flow from the rosacea it must speed the process up.

Yeah they take a long time to fade..it's just a waiting game although I get IPL treatments for the rosacea occasionally and I'm pretty sure it helps with the red marks too.

#14 leslie788

leslie788

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

I've had red marks for a year and a half and they haven't faded at all. Do you think it is possible they will NEVER fade? I'm afraid of that!!!

#15 jae_

jae_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

I have some left over from middle school on the side of my face. I am 24 now. They are a lot lighter and blend in alright thank god, but they are still there and probably will be forever it seems.

Anything on my forehead is 95-100% clear. Cheeks are a lot lighter and almost fully cleared. Neck/back/chest never scared. Around the jawline and mouth is fully cleared.

None of my acne ever left huge marks...mostly a culmination of a lot of small stuff. What I still have I don't worry about.

So yeahhhh....seems like most will fade but don't be surprised if some sticks around. Guess it shows character or something =P

#16 Blazemore

Blazemore

Free now

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

I've had acne since I was about 13.
It was really bad for 2 years, and I still have a bit now.

I still have bad red marks, and I take Zinc + plenty of water.

#17 SkylineGTR

SkylineGTR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:24 AM

its a sloooooooooooow process. my red marks started fading away as I started getting skin peeling treatment while taking vitamin C, B, and zinc. Quitting smoking also helped. lol. I wish I never started..

#18 Ludwig

Ludwig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

I had my first mark last summer which was over 6months ago and its not going anywhere soon.

#19 MARYGRASS

MARYGRASS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:18 AM

well my brown marks are fading faster now because i had ipl
its almost gone
and this facial lady gave me some korean products that really helped my red marks and acne
i don't even need to use acne medicine because my skin is clear

but i only get one or 2 zits when its the time of the month

#20 SkylineGTR

SkylineGTR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

My co-worker had small zits on his face and i realized yesterday that the zits were GONE. i wondered what he did to get em gone. Turns out he bought mulit-vitamin from singapore. it has vitamin A,B,C,E and zinc all in one.