Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

bump

#42 milan

milan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Can anyone please recommend somewhere in the U.K to get this done professionally? I can't find anywhere and don't want to go down the home roller route, would rather get a professional to fix my scars. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! x

#43 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (milan @ Apr 15 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone please recommend somewhere in the U.K to get this done professionally? I can't find anywhere and don't want to go down the home roller route, would rather get a professional to fix my scars. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! x

Look for the thread started by Lamarr. I think the title is "ok guys". It seems like Dr. Chu is a good guy to go to in the UK.

#44 Wəəgəə

Wəəgəə

derp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

This looks promising. I've got scars, the majority of them are rolling, most of them aren't too deep (although there are a couple that are). I'm on accutane for the 3rd time now, and after this course is over I'm going to look into micro-needling.

Has anyone here seen results?

#45 kat123

kat123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

I have had profractional three times with some improvement. I am having my last in september. I am interested in self dermarolling. What kind of equip. do i need and where can I get it? What by way of creams do I need? Where can I get these. How do I use them in conjuction with the roller? I would appreciate anyone's advice and or help on this matter. I have moderat icepick, boxcar and rolling. Will an at home dermaroller help with all types fo scarring? Thank you.

#46 Wəəgəə

Wəəgəə

derp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (kat123 @ Apr 26 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had profractional three times with some improvement. I am having my last in september. I am interested in self dermarolling. What kind of equip. do i need and where can I get it? What by way of creams do I need? Where can I get these. How do I use them in conjuction with the roller? I would appreciate anyone's advice and or help on this matter. I have moderat icepick, boxcar and rolling. Will an at home dermaroller help with all types fo scarring? Thank you.

I'd like to know too, as well as how thick and long the needles should be (without being too much or too little).

#47 carolina rain

carolina rain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hey, Im about to buy my first derma roller but cant decide on whether I want a 0.5 that I can use every other day and get some good micro-swelling from...or...should I go for the big guns and get the 1.5? My main question is though, Ive heard you shouldnt use the 1.5 more than 5 or so times.Well how many times can you use the 0.5?If it was the same that would be pretty expensive right? Could anyone give their input? Thanks everyone eusa_think.gif

#48 Tara1245

Tara1245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:25 AM

Newtrix, a few of my scars do look worse. I think I used too much pressure when I rolled, and some of the needles got stuck and caused some damage. If I use the derma roller again I'm going to be very cautious and gentle.

#49 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Tara:

How long has it been since you rolled ? Your face may look a little beat up for a few days after rolling. Plus, your scars will change in appearance as the skin remodels itself. That being said, I'm sure it's possible that some scars can get worse when rolling. Give it some time, then see how it looks.

Carolina:

If you are trying to spur collagen growth to improve scars, get the 1.5. Roll once every 6 weeks. I'm going to try and get a few uses out of each roller b4 buying a new one. If you can use the roller 4 times that's only about 2 rollers a year (52 weeks / 6 = 8.7). Remember to check the roller for bent needles b4 using it. Also, make sure to disinfect it when you are finished.

How many rolls are ppl getting out of their rollers?

We all want our scars to improve RIGHT NOW but using the roller takes time. Lamarr says you will see progress over the course of a year.

#50 carolina rain

carolina rain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

Thanks I appreciate the info.I was wondering..... one strange thing I noticed though, when ordering my 1.5 roller is I got it off of ebay and the instructions were a bit odd from anything I've ever seen. It said that using a 1.5 you could use it 3 times a week and because of the quality of steel up to 100 times!(I don't buy that I dont think)That doesn't sound right at all does it?Also after I roll how long do I have to wait before beginning the retin-a and vitamin c?A few days?Im not extrememely new at this but I just want to make sure what Im doing is correct.I also began taking Silica as well and let me tell you the stuff can work if its made right.(I havn't been on it long though so all the changes I've had are only from needling thus far)
I also know what some people are saying about the scars tending to look worse.I have self needled several times and the funny thing is although they definately fill, I think because they also start rising to the surface they also can get bigger looking and wider(they spread out more).Although theoretically this makes sense, it was kind of something that I didn't expect because I havn't heard many people mention this.Unless I have been way off and screwed something up! confused.gif
But mine have definately changed. One icepick that you couldn't even hardly see is one hundred percent more noticeable.But, I can now also see the bottom of the scar which was impossible to see before I started needling. It is also much wider and bigger looking but most definately risen 50 percent or more, no kidding.
I think with this there will be a period where they will look worse in the in between stages until they really start to level...... That is I'm praying they will level.....But it takes alot longer than most people realize your right, and that may mean looking worse for some till they get better.I think it takes many, many needling sessions or years really.That's why I went ahead and got the roller just to make sure my technique is not getting in the way,at least its a little safer bet.And it looks like I cant quit now.
Another thing is smoking. I truly belive this can hinder progress as well and before anyone even begins to embark on this if they smoke to quit!I have smoked and am desperately trying to quit and wished I had waited till I fully quit first before needling.But needling has definately changed my scars, but I'm kind of just in that between stage and wish it could end up the way it looks in that healing phase,lol!Sorry to post so much guys but I've been on this forum a long time but not ever vented or posted too much so thanks all the input is GREATLY appreciated!

#51 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:check me out on myspace:<br /><br />www.myspace.com/crzyakta

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

Stick with it...scars remodeling can be odd and alarming at the start...but after about 1 month they look much more calm and one thing I always noticed is the depth reduction

I think my Green Cream (level 6), or any retinol/retin-a will help things along ALOT...and a plus is that it will make your scars look smaller and pores more refined temporarily, while still helping along permanent results of collagen building and scar remodeling

Also cannot forget the C serum I am using, really helps calm things down and reduce chances of breakouts (the vit A also helps this)

ohh and carolina rain, quit ASAP! smile.gif

#52 member

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

I made a thread but no one seems to notice so here goes:

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions about dermarolling.

To start off, though I am a noob, I have read through many pages in different threads so I hope these questions will not anger any members.

I have considered many treatments but it seems like many people are having success with dermarolling. My scars are considered rolling and in my temple areas.

My first question is: What is the actual price of this procedure?
I see many people here with home self-treatment, but in many articles/sites, it is said that this procedure should only be done by a profession like the vid at this site: http://www.drbustillo.com/roll-cit.htm
In the vid, they said the procedure is $2500 to $3000 American. But I doubt most of you paid that much for the home-kits. Can you clarify please?

Also I see this vid and the patient had dramatic results in one trial.
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
It's definitely possible that it's manufactured that way for profit but it's nevertheless impressive. What is the realistic (average) results to expect? (mainly through people who have successfully used it)

I read through Lamar's thread http://www.acne.org/...ys-t217908.html and I believe his personal procedure was dermarolling but it also mentioned "needling" which I did not find a proper explanation.

My last question is: How widely known/utilized is this procedure? Can I go to any dermatologist and expect him/her to be experienced? On that note, does anyone in NYC that have a good dermatologist that you can recommend? smile.gif

I apologize if you heard these questions many times before, but I read for hours and didn't find the exact answers I hoped for. Thanks for reading.

#53 Emilion

Emilion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

Is the effects of dermarolling permanent? Does it turn back the aging process of your skin, or just makes it produce more collagen temporarily ?

I have saggy skin on my nose due to my previous use of Bensoyl Peroxide. I'm over-sensitive to the substance, which I didn't know at the time I was using it.

Now I'm trying to repair my skin.

#54 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Emilion @ May 12 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the effects of dermarolling permanent? Does it turn back the aging process of your skin, or just makes it produce more collagen temporarily ?

I have saggy skin on my nose due to my previous use of Bensoyl Peroxide. I'm over-sensitive to the substance, which I didn't know at the time I was using it.

Now I'm trying to repair my skin.

It is like any scar removal technique, in that yes the results are permanenet per se, but as you naturally age your scars will become more apparent again. However you need to bare in mind that if you get improvement these results will always make you better off than you would of been without them,

e.g. if you get 30% improvement, 5 years later you will still be 30% (or there abouts) better off than you would of been at that stage. But your scarring may still become more obvious again because of natural ageing.

I hope this is clear. My advice? you a physical sunblock, take some oral vitamin C and use home light therapy. One dermaroller session per year should easily maintain results this way.

#55 JUSTFACEIT

JUSTFACEIT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (munsoned @ Feb 22 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (just another1 @ Feb 22 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
munsoned, I think we should leave this thread for products based on advise through reports ect. dealing with the use dermaroller. Unless of course something has been proven to work for others.

Otherwise, instead of a thread where someone can to for matter of fact info, they will be forced to read through a bunch of stuff that is useless and confusing.

Within the next few days, I will be posting to this thread about my use of GreenCream that I think others will want to know about. I wanted to wait at least one full week of use before giving any feedback.

C Ya

yeah you're right. I started a new topic asking if anybody has tried it..this was the wrong place for it without any personal use..

#56 JUSTFACEIT

JUSTFACEIT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (munsoned @ Feb 22 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (just another1 @ Feb 22 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
munsoned, I think we should leave this thread for products based on advise through reports ect. dealing with the use dermaroller. Unless of course something has been proven to work for others.

Otherwise, instead of a thread where someone can to for matter of fact info, they will be forced to read through a bunch of stuff that is useless and confusing.

Within the next few days, I will be posting to this thread about my use of GreenCream that I think others will want to know about. I wanted to wait at least one full week of use before giving any feedback.

C Ya

yeah you're right. I started a new topic asking if anybody has tried it..this was the wrong place for it without any personal use..

Hi, everyone...I'm new to this site. I am probably older than most of you, age 62. I had moderately severe acne years ago in my teens and have the scars to prove it. I'm fortunate not to have many wrinkles, but the scars look worse now that I have lost some of the fullness of youth. I've always been selfconcious about the scars and now that I have heard of dermarolling it seems like a miracle come true. I have several dermarollers, 0.25mm, 0.5mm, 1.5mm, and 2.0mm. I also have the lac-sal serum, supercop & emu oil from Skinbiology.com. I tried the 0.5mm roller a few days ago and OUCH!! it certainly wasn't pain free although I was pushing really hard with it. I may try the local anesthetic cream.
Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm a bit of a regimented person so I'd like a real plan on how to use this thing. It seems that many of you have a different system. On the Skinbiology site, I found something that said you can put the supercop on BEFORE rolling...has anyone done this? Also, how about retin A? I would have to get it from a dermatologist, and I would..but can you use this with supercop? I just don't know what system to use...I would appreciate any help you can give me, and hopefully it will help others, too!!
Thanks for listening....

#57 Emilion

Emilion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Which needle-length and brand are you guys using? I use Dr. Roller 1.5 mm.

I roll without anaestethic, because I wan't to feel exactly how hard I'm pushing the roller. It hurts some, but I can deal with it.

I have definetly seen some improvements, but I'm still not satisfied. I'm thinking about purchasing a new roller with a needle length of 2-3 mm. However, many of the retailers don't want to sell the profesional rollers to the public with the excuse that it can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Ofcourse it's dangerous if you're not careful and don't use the a good routine with sterility and so on. But apart from that, is it really THAT dangerous?

#58 carolina rain

carolina rain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hi I just started rolling and currently have a 0.5 mm roller.The manufacturer says it can be used 100 or so times but that doesnt sound right from what I've read. My question is I know I need a magnifying glass to check the roller but are there varying times you can use a roller depending on its length?I would hope you could use the 0.5 a few more times however I dont want to even think of messing my face up from having them bend or something......second question is there anyone that is using Roc deep wrinkle filler with retinol and hyalauronic acid after rolling?.....any opinions on whether this is safe or not? Thanks soooo much people just battling these scars and dont want to screw up! ps this is most likely somewhere but I can seem to get the right answers on threads and cant find the info I need so I apologize if this had already been discussed on here somewhere.

#59 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Dermarollers and needles
1.5mm derma roller (2mm for advanced rollers and if you want to take a slight increase in risk of infection or other potential side effects) personally I feel the results from a 2mm roller are better and will be better than a 1.5mm roller for most, but I do believe there is a slight increase in risk of side effects, although this is minimal. I prefer the 3 line or 4 line rollers that you can get; they are easier to apply the right pressure for penetration and to get the correct penetration depth across the whole face.
For the more stubborn and deeper scars I recommend the BD Micro-Fine Pen Needle 31 G x 5mm. I used to recommend using stoppers with these, but if you are careful in not penetrating the full 5mm, making sure you use between 3-4mm and not directly in at 90degrees, but at angles so you don’t penetrate to the full depth then you should be fine. Practice this on your arm before hand ( I recommend practicing on the arm for all stages of needling including the topical anesthetic, use of Dermaroller etc.
To clean your rollers firstly dip the roller in 70% isopropyl alcohol for about 10-15 minutes, then dip in Hibicleanse for 5 minutes or so. Using one of the UV-C disinfection devices is also a good idea.

Skin Preparation
EMLA is to be used, under an occlusive dressing for at least 1 hr (Cling film or saran wrap for you Americans). I personally use a small home Dermaroller i.e. 0.2 mm needle length before i apply the EMLA to increase absorption. I think people should try with just the occlusion and EMLA first though, if you can tolerate the pain then don’t bother with the smaller roller before hand, this way less EMLA will be entering the blood stream.
For disinfection I use a combination of 70% isopropyl alcohol, and hibicleanse/hibiscrub.. To pre the skin, again a combination of isopropyl 70% wipes, then cleaning with hibiscrub for several minutes and rinse THOROUGHLY, should be sufficient.
I always keep a tube of Bactroban ointment handy for any potential breakouts or infections. The Hibicleanse can also be used as a cleanser for a few days before and after dermaroller/needling to help prevent breakouts. Don’t use hibiscrub or alcohol in the first few days post dermaroller or needling though.

Oral supplements
The two supplements I recommend are vitamin C, at least 1000mg daily preferably 2000mg for several (split this into several doses throughout the day) months post dermaroller/needling. Another good supplement is red wine/grape seed extract (iherb have a very good red wine extract by doctors best). A multivitamin can’t hurt but for those of you who have taken Accutane I would find a multivitamin WITHOUT vitamin A.

Topicals
Now everyone prefers different topical, people know my preference i.e. terproline. I think it is a very good topical and I will always recommend it till something better comes along. If your skin agrees with retionds you may like these, but I don’t recommend starting these at the same time as needling/Dermaroller until you know how your skin reacts. Don’t use topical Retinoids if you have taken accutane in the past few years, or until you know how your skin responds to topical Retinoids. Topical Vitamin A the same applies.
Topical vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is another good one which I like. You need a good 15 or 20% solution and it needs to be the right PH. Check up on these things.
Copper peptides I have tried and wasn’t a big fan of but they did seem to refine my pores slightly, I haven’t used long term but again some people really like them.
Keep topical simple, don’t use too many of them it will only confuse matters. Don’t start topical in the middle of starting needling or dermaroller.
If you are using a topical to keep your acne under control, then you should probably keep using it. I personally recommend light therapy if you have active acne though as it won’t irritate the skin like some topical can.

Light therapy

Now this is one of the most important stages. I recommend everyone use light therapy, a combination of yellow (590 nm) red (660nm) and infra red (880nm) is best. You can use each separately or a combination of each. Some people believe using each separately is best. I use the 660/990 together and the yellow separately.
For acne you need the blue frequency at or around 405-420nm. The Beauty skin device is very good for acne.
Every day for the first few weeks or every other day at least. You need to reach the correct level of energy (joules per cm squared) we aim to hit about 6 joules. So you need to keep the distance down to about an inch or so from the skin and use them for approximately 5 minutes per are if you are using the LED mans devices.
You need to read up on each of these topic areas, I can’t go into enough detail and there will always be questions or variables which you can generally find the answers to out there, by searching. I love giving advice to people but when the questions are easy to find the answer to and they are repeatedly continuously it get a bit annoying.

#60 kat123

kat123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Is it nessecary to use a skin numbing solution? Does everyone do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users