420 replies to this topic

#381 ForeverAndPatience

ForeverAndPatience

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Are the results permanent... if I were to level out a shallow scar, it won't sink back in if I stop rolling?

#382 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Interesting Study done on Dermarolling with pictures:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2840919/

#383 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Interesting Study done on Dermarolling with pictures:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2840919/

The study mentions grade 4 acne scars, what are grade 4 acne scars? Grade 3...etc

#384 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I had to look it up too when I first read this article. I have some grade 3 and 4 scarring and dermarolling has worked on them. I still have some to get rid of but I've definitely seen improvement. I took this from a website:

Grade 1 scarring: Is mostly pigment-based. Ordinary scars from cuts to your skin appear white – in grade 1 acne scarring the lesions are also white or hypo-pigmented.

Grade 2 scarring: Grade 2 scarring is defined as being visible at distances of less than 50cm, and able to be covered by makeup. Of course, not everyone is happy with needing lifelong cosmetics to ‘look normal’, and for many people cosmetic use causes breakouts – so laser acne treatment is a real possibility at this stage.

Grade 3 scarring: Grade 3 scarring is not easily covered by cosmetics, and is visible from more than 50cm away. When we talk about rolling scars, shallow boxcar scars and hypertrophic scars later on, remember that those scars will often fit into grade 3.

Grade 4 scarring: Is also difficult to cover and seen at distances greater than 50cm away, but cannot be flattened by stretching the skin. Icepick scars, deep divots, keloid scarring and sever boxcar scars fit into this category . These may need a combination of laser acne scar treatment and dermal fillers to improve their appearance

#385 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I had to look it up too when I first read this article. I have some grade 3 and 4 scarring and dermarolling has worked on them. I still have some to get rid of but I've definitely seen improvement. I took this from a website:

Grade 1 scarring: Is mostly pigment-based. Ordinary scars from cuts to your skin appear white – in grade 1 acne scarring the lesions are also white or hypo-pigmented.

Grade 2 scarring: Grade 2 scarring is defined as being visible at distances of less than 50cm, and able to be covered by makeup. Of course, not everyone is happy with needing lifelong cosmetics to ‘look normal’, and for many people cosmetic use causes breakouts – so laser acne treatment is a real possibility at this stage.

Grade 3 scarring: Grade 3 scarring is not easily covered by cosmetics, and is visible from more than 50cm away. When we talk about rolling scars, shallow boxcar scars and hypertrophic scars later on, remember that those scars will often fit into grade 3.

Grade 4 scarring: Is also difficult to cover and seen at distances greater than 50cm away, but cannot be flattened by stretching the skin. Icepick scars, deep divots, keloid scarring and sever boxcar scars fit into this category . These may need a combination of laser acne scar treatment and dermal fillers to improve their appearance

Thanks. I had never heard of this acne scar grading scale. Where did you get your information from?

#386 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I got it from this website: http://www.laserclin...acne-scars.html

#387 vincent168

vincent168

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Can I ask about how people have very complicated rolling regimens like taking all these vitamins and minerals (vitamin A, C, zinc), use of topicals (retin A, vitamin A, C, copper peptides) and LED light therapy, are these to speed up the results or does it actually bring the results? i.e. plain rolling does nothing?
I only roll and apply vitamin E oil, my scars doesn't bother me that much so I just want to keep it simple. But at the same time I want to see results over periods of time. Am I doing it for no reason if I don't follow all the complicated regimens?

Edited by vincent168, 15 November 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#388 mrSuitnTie

mrSuitnTie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hey so how do people derma roll? Can anyone recommend a good derma roller? I am going to order this one

http://www.amazon.co...iews/B005MEFCKM

and I am also wondering do you put any oils or medication before or after your use it?

#389 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

looks like a good choice i use 2mm

#390 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

i wanna look into single needling ....from what i can tell dermarolling my skin just swells the outter layer up...like i need to get down in the craters

#391 newtrix

newtrix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Haven't used this website in a while as my acne **appears** to be under control and scarring is much much more manageable...so here is a pay it forward tip that occured to me...
For anyone who is concerned about infection and rolls regularly (every six weeks or so), you may consider using colloidal silver beginning several days before the roll and a day or so after...I also soak my rollers in barbicide and swab the area I'm rolling with tea tree oil prior and after rolling.
Hope that helps someone!

#392 Noa27

Noa27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hey guys, I have made a topic about this, but maybe i can find the answer here :)

I've had fat transfer about 4 years ago. I've never been happy about the reaults bacause they weren not that dramatic.
My question is: can i use the dermaroller/stamp on the areas where the fat transfer is done?

#393 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

anyone here can recommend any foundation to cover the redness after derma needling?
i read you can put make up after 1 day from rolling...
any insights?

#394 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

its crazy i dermaroll my skin prolly harder then anyone yeah its leathery ...mine is red the next day but not that bad ...i just moisterize it good after i roll it and alot of the redness will be gone the day after ....i go to the gym morning after i roll my skin and my skin looks fine ...does anyone know when to use vit c or retin a after rolling ? i got my single needles and new dermastamp in the mail today and they worked great but need to know when to apply?

#395 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Any idea on this

http://www.prweb.com...web10333787.htm

#396 pursuit of happyness

pursuit of happyness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

plz, anyone know why owndoc site doesn't work?, i'm from egypt and want to order products from it??

#397 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

it works for people in the us ...i'd just use ebay

#398 pursuit of happyness

pursuit of happyness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

it works for people in the us ...i'd just use ebay

i have opened a site many times before, but from a while it doesn't working, i don't know why?!

#399 yeahsure

yeahsure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

I have done a ton of researching the past few days, but I cannot seem to find a reasonable answer to my question.

How the heck are you supposed to numb if you're in the US???

Lidocaine (EMLA) is prescription only, and I'm not willing to get it shipped internationally (I'm a goody two shoes, whatever).

I also don't really want to use ice, because I feel it won't be effective enough.

What do you all do? I could go to my derm and ask for a prescription, but I feel like he won't do that because 1) he'll want me to pay him for treatments and 2) I am inflicting my own pain so why the heck should he prescribe something to help.

Thanks in advance.

#400 tamaara

tamaara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

hi guys, i would really appreciate your opinion about my dermaroller procedures.

i've already had 2 treatments with 1.5mm done by my dermatologist - in november and january... everthing went great, i really saw improvement - my cheeks were smoother, some of my scars almost completely disappeared and i couldn't be more happy...

BUT now after my 3rd treatment last week obivously something went wrong. this time she roller with 2.0mm and everything seemed ok until my redness went away and i noticed that my scars actually got worse as they've been before i started the treatment. where the skin was smooth before, the old scars reappeared again and they look more deep as they've ever been.

do you have any idea how is this possible? is it because of 2.0mm and the bigger injury to the skin? has anyone else experienced something like that? i tried to ask my doctor but she is on holidays now-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users