#301 mystril

mystril

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

https://www.rodanand...re_09.30.11.pdf

First success story

What I saw is a brochure and stuffloads of things that doesn't work.

Hey guys,just joined the forum and I have a question regarding derma-rolling. I had 4 sessions of derma-rolling done and I have noticed that I started to get what people call trackmarks all over my cheeks. Will these ever go away? Or is this just another addition to the array of scars I'm already trying to fix? Thanks a lot in advance :)

Trackmarks
+ Should go away within days. Depending on strength of rolling.

- If you're on Roaccutane or after least 1 year. Skin is very "impressionable" meanwhile.
- Nutrition deficient. Lack of nutrients make Skin Regeneration harder. Rolling creates stress. Ensure Body is primed for Scars Healing
- Using Blunt Needles. This is very serious. Blunt Needles cannot puncture skin to remove tethers causing certain Scars. The trackmarks maybe caused by Blunt Rolling, not penetrating of skin deep down.

a) Aestheticians care about Profits. Do your homework, Extra Careful and Observant. To save cost, rollers may be used repeatedly even if they told you it's a new one.

b) Ensure "wee bit" of Blood is observable. Since severe Acne is deep-seated (ends up in bloody mess), it's logical to assume Scars affect much deeper than the surface.

[sig-img:34]

About Myself
Male 21 in Hot & Humid Climate
Severe Acne (in the Genes)
Did 1.5 Accutane Course. Failed Miserably.
Did (see below). Acne recessed. End of Story.

Currently
Waiting to Dermarolling during College's Break.

List Updated on: March 2012
Wai Diet Cured Me

Current Supplements
Caution to Multi-Vitamins. Take only those that you need. Take most from Real Food.

Avoid-List
-

Embrace List
Fruits

#302 Between

Between

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I want to start needling!

I have minor-severe scarring, mostly moderate boxscar (shaped) and rolling scars + some white ones and bumbs under skin...

What needles should I use? Tattoo needles? Where to order?
WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE ORDER YOUR NEEDLES FROM?

I contacted my local tattooshops but they said they won't sell their needles to ttheir customers. Soo I have to order them online, but don't know where and exactöy what.

#303 *unknown*

*unknown*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

OK so I've been dermarolling/needling for maybe 1.5 years now...

most of my scars i needled maybe 5 times, usually waiting 4-6 weeks or more between sessions

The last time I did it, I'm pretty sure I got noticeable results... On the few prominent scars i had left

A lot of the older scars really reduced a lot over time and i havent touched some of them for 6 months or more

My biggest scar that was indented and the size of a dime is almost not noticeable now.

I think its more red marks that are the issue now, but the scars i had really filled in well in most places

I wrote before about having parasites, and i think that was a big part of the reason why my scars formed before and did not fill..
Diet may also be a factor... Im supplementing with chia seeds now - 2 table spoons a day in my smoothie. Also 1 or 2 avocados at least 2-3 times a week. i think these things were helpful

About the needling itself, i used a roller but didnt like it much... then used stamps.. for a long time
Finally, i started needling with a cactus needle... thats my preferred way now, though i dont think ill be doing it again for a while

Since I last needled, my scars had gotten less prominent... its bordering on the point where i dont care about them anymore. Without the redness nobody will even notice them, i think.

Anyway, I needled whatever spots made crackling/popping sounds.. so i'd find a spot on my scar where it popped and would go at that spot until I could no longer get a popping sound ut of it.. My intention - break the scar tissue and if the skin was being pulled down by connections, to cut those connections. I'd say maybe 25 % improvement since last time i did this.

I also made vitamin c serum - vitamin c, aloe and some lavender esential oil and was using that for a week or so.. i was using lots of stuff, but something made the skin on all my scars peel and flake off.. not sure what product it was but maybe the vit c because that was the only new thing.. so a bunch of skin peeled and the scars looked less indented after that!

I'm just writing this cause i know my scars looked a LOT worse when they started.. and now, I still see most of them if I look closely, but they dont look that bad... 80-95% better than on day one for some of the old ones (= 2 years) So all those people who write negative stuff, forget them cause there is improvement. Realizing that the scars do get better and almost disappear (faster now too, because of my dietary changes, i think!) makes me worry less about new scars... they will also disappear eventually... and not worrying is good.

The more you worry about the scars, the worst you get to think they look... better just put your products on, needle once in a while and quietly go about your day.. dont get hung up.

Oh yeah.. i forgot to add.. if you are needling scar tissue it should hurt very little... or not at all. if it hurts, you're needling live tissue... so you can tell that piercing normal skin with a needle would probably hurt a lot.. but i could needle a scar 50 times, and almost no pain... later you needle it after a few months and feel more pain - because the tissue is recovering

Good for you buddy. I'm happy your getting results. Please keep us posted (even every few months)

#304 havefaith

havefaith

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

Just get a cactus needle that is sharp, strong and not too thick... pop one scar with it until there is no more cracking sound, throw out the needle and wait for 1.5-2 months..

#305 drizzy1

drizzy1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

hi

i'm getting 1.5 rolling professionall done at the moment, 2 treatments in. not as much results, i would have hoped for, but as far as i can see all she is doing is rolling over my skin with a 1.5 needle. seems like i could do this at home. she is using a numbing cream (again i could do this) can anyone give me some advice to doing this at home? like where i can buy a good 1.5 roller from. any advice would be nice. (from people with success especially)

thank you

#306 dontcareaboutnames

dontcareaboutnames

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Anyone know the effects of dermarolling on dark spots left from acne? Can I roll while I still have these dark marks?

#307 Nyssa

Nyssa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

You can get tattoo needles online. I got mine from Amazon through one of their third-party sellers. As for single needles, rollers and stamps, I get mine from Sarah Vaughter. Google her. Her website also has instructions for rolling. I have bought my Vitamin C powder through her and bought pre-mixed Vitamin C serum through Amazon.

#308 star42

star42

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Questions about dermastamping...

1. Is it best to disinfect skin with alcohol and then dermastamp on dry skin or should one apply an oil/mousturizer and then dermastamp?

2. Is it OK to use rosehip seed oil right after dermastamping or should one use an ointment like Vit A&D for the first few days and then
use the rosehip seed oil?

#309 boafriend

boafriend

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Questions about dermastamping...

1. Is it best to disinfect skin with alcohol and then dermastamp on dry skin or should one apply an oil/mousturizer and then dermastamp?

2. Is it OK to use rosehip seed oil right after dermastamping or should one use an ointment like Vit A&D for the first few days and then
use the rosehip seed oil?

1. I would think that you should definitely disinfect beforehand - this happens with any skin treatment or injections so it's natural that you should do the same.
2. I've heard it's better to apply products right after stamping because the absorption in the stamped area is a lot better, thus the products will penetrate more effectively - however, it's important to apply the right products because post-stamping, anything applied can possibly absorb directly into your bloodstream (so essentially, you'd want to use natural products). People say different things though and what products you apply is really up to you. I personally apply Avalon Organics Vitality Vitamin C Serum, let that sink in, then apply Neosporin to prevent any infection or what not. You can probably do the same - apply your rose hip seed oil, then your Vitamin A+D ointment.

#310 newlife28

newlife28

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Does anyone have any good links for a topical regiment while rolling? There are so many threads in this forum and many go nowheres.

What number of needles are necessary for 1.5 mm rolling, and what types of rollers are best?

#311 Scarphace

Scarphace

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I would like to get some opinions on using this product after dermarolling:
http://www.gardenofw...656/7046216.htm

GoW Chock Full O' Vitamins Serum

It has Vitamin A C and E in it. The vitamin C is the Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate kind which is supposed to be gentle to the skin, but it the vitamin A (retinal) I'm not too sure about. Is it too harsh for the skin after dermarolling? I'm reading mixed opinions about retinal, some say it helps a lot while dermarolling, some say to stay away from it while dermarolling but I haven't seen many personal experiences with it... just people saying whether it is good or bad while dermarolling... Anyway, this is the serum I currently have my eyes set on.

Edited by jepherz, 23 April 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#312 Nyssa

Nyssa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

I am using the GOW product, but just by itself at this point. The retinol is retinyl palmitate, which is not as harsh as Retin-A. I like what the serum does for my skin standing alone and I intend to use it in conjunction with needling.

BTW, I also tested a few scars with a 3RL tattoo needle. I had just been using lancets and dermastamp previously. I don't think I will be using the tattoo needles again. I think they are too much for my skin to handle - appear to have made the indentations a little deeper. It was very recent, though, so it may improve with time.

#313 Scarphace

Scarphace

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

I am using the GOW product, but just by itself at this point. The retinol is retinyl palmitate, which is not as harsh as Retin-A. I like what the serum does for my skin standing alone and I intend to use it in conjunction with needling.

BTW, I also tested a few scars with a 3RL tattoo needle. I had just been using lancets and dermastamp previously. I don't think I will be using the tattoo needles again. I think they are too much for my skin to handle - appear to have made the indentations a little deeper. It was very recent, though, so it may improve with time.

How are you using the GOW product? instructions are a bit odd to me, probably cause I'm a guy... and what is the other product you use for neeling/dermarolling? I emailed them regarding the vit C content of the serum and they said it isn't high enough to be considered a vit C serum so I guess I'm going to have to find a different product to use for dermarolling...

Edited by jepherz, 24 April 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#314 Nyssa

Nyssa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

How are you using the GOW product? instructions are a bit odd to me, probably cause I'm a guy... and what is the other product you use for neeling/dermarolling? I emailed them regarding the vit C content of the serum and they said it isn't high enough to be considered a vit C serum so I guess I'm going to have to find a different product to use for dermarolling...

I am using the GOW serum at night after I wash off my make-up. Just spread a small pea-size drop all over my face and go to bed! Actually the Vitamin C component that's worthwile in it is tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. It's the "softer" version of Vitamin C, just like retinyl palmitate is the "softer" version of Vitamin A. Both are very easily used by the body according to Dr. Des Fernandes. I have also used the Vitamin C powder from Sarah Vaughter and found that to be very tolerable (and less wasteful than buying the pre-mixed serums that last maybe a month).

#315 dontcareaboutnames

dontcareaboutnames

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

hi, I posted a while back in this thread, but havent got a response. Does anyone know how derma rolling will affect dark marks cause by acne? Will it reduce the dark marks, make it worse, or will not affect them?

#316 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Will reduce red (dark) marks.

Update: 10 months of dermarolling, slow results but the progress is evident. Don't give up.

#317 michael24

michael24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Does anyone know what kind/where to purchase single needles to better treat single scars?

#318 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

http://shop.owndoc.c...gleneedles.html

#319 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Where do you guys purchase your rollers from? I had purchased a 1.5mm dr.roller a while back, it's time for a new one, but I forget where I got my original from.

Is dr.roller still the preferred brand, or is something better available now? I have a few new scars that recently formed, I'm thinking about going over them with a 2.0mm. What do you all think, 1.5mm vs 2.0mm?

Any brands and websites you guys can suggest? Thanks

Edited by sanjoseskin, 14 May 2012 - 08:39 PM.

SanJoseSkin

#320 remyhelps123

remyhelps123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

DON'T go over acne or healing acne / acne marks! I've been needling for the past few months and one time or another I have accidentally gone over tiny acne and it ended up scarring... Only use this on the parts of your face that are truly free of acne, otherwise you're just going to make more scars to worry about rolling the next time :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users