This topic is archived.
242 replies to this topic

#241 trador

trador

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

dermaroller is amazing. my skin is amazing. rolling every friday. going agressive. my face is better. my ice picks are a better but i see %60 improvement on my biggest boxcar. Now i got a dermastamp and only 1 month later i believe i will have %100 improvement on my boxcars. Till my 7th treatment the 1,5mm wasnt enough to reach the bottom of the deeper boxcars. But at my 7th treatment i went more aggressive and i could able to reach the deeper boxcars and i see far better improvement. I will create a good post 1 month later. And i believe all you gonna shock:) Skin is a miracle guys. Human being is a miracle....

#242 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

1.5 mm every friday ?

#243 trador

trador

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Remicade @ Jul 19 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.5 mm every friday ?

Yeah and getting really good results.

#244 ihatemyscars

ihatemyscars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (AcneSlayer @ May 6 2011, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get a 1.5 mm roller.

Roll over your scars in the star pattern, like 5-10 times in each direction (up, down, left, right, and both diagonals). Then apply Retin-A at night and a Vitamin C serum (I can give you a recipe to make your own) in the morning. Use the topicals daily (if your skin can handle daily Retin-A or just use as often as your skin can handle), but don't dermaroll again for a month.

Yeah, that guy rolled daily, but people generally seem to see better results by waiting about a month between rolls.

I can go more into detail if you would like.

And as for the fact that yours are spread out, then you don't need to roll like your whole face, just roll over the scars (not the space in between). Or you could roll your whole face if you wanted to.

hello! i owned a dermaroller 2 years ago, i got the dr roller brand and have only done it once to my acne scars. now, i wanna do it again. so i just ordered now and from amazon at this time.

i just wonder if i can still continue on my obagi routine (which has retin-a) while doing dermarolling. please advice.. also, i would wanna ask about the vit.c recipe.

dont know what routine to follow now. i wanna continue on obagi while i dermaroll but im afraid as i saw posts saying that its not recommended to use retin-a while dermarolling.

QUOTE (trador @ Jul 20 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Remicade @ Jul 19 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.5 mm every friday ?

Yeah and getting really good results.

hello! what topicals are you using before or after you roll?

>",< visit my personal log >",<

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/DK-regimen-log-t240347.html

>> on acne.org regimen...

#245 PinkSunflower

PinkSunflower

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

Hi everyone!
I have just received my dermaroller ..1.5mm and plan to start rolling soon. I don't have any numbing cream so I will just have to take it..I will try to keep you guys postes when I actually start this thing. For you guys who have the 1.5mm roller....what would you say the pain level is? Also I was reading this other dermarolling thread..dont remember which one sorry -where this guy used a 2mm roller to the point where he was bleeding and formed scabs...but I don't know if that is normal? The instructions say you should not bleed...can someone explain please I am quite nervous at starting. But I will probably be a baby and roll over very very gently lol..well at least at first...but we will see

#246 PinkSunflower

PinkSunflower

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Alright, I just dermarolled for the first time and it was okay....I was very gentle as this is my first time, no blood but I did get quite pink and I had a few pin point bleeding. After an hour I was no longer pink in the areas I rolled and the pin point bleeding was also gone. So next time I plan to roll harder...so in a week or two time I will roll again and let you guys know.

#247 trador

trador

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

where can i find a professional dermaroller usage methods warnings etc.. ?

#248 PinkSunflower

PinkSunflower

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (trador @ Aug 8 2011, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This site gives gives the usage method..there are 2 methods and according to this site method 2 is the professional one.

http://www.dermaroll...er-instructions

Towards the bottom under "Disclaimer" it gives you the warnings for dermarolling

#249 marta

marta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (trador @ Aug 8 2011, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here are very detailed dermarolling instructions:
www.owndoc.com/support/

#250 mbtham

mbtham

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

I've been using dermaroller type of rollers for a few years now and I can say that they really do work to help get rid of acne scars. It can take a little while to see results but it's worth it. I started out with a scientia derma roller and loved it but it was kind of expensive especially since they have to be replaced pretty fast. They all do, BTW. Needles just get dull with use no matter which brand you buy. I found a dermaroller that's free can you believe it? Got mine last week and it's as good or maybe even better than any other one I've ever tried. All you have to do is buy a serum and they give you a free derma roller. It's about $30 for the serum and the skin roller is a freebie bonus. NICE! I don't know if it's okay to post a link to the site here or not but it's skinrollerserum.com and I apologize if links are against the rules not trying to break the rules just trying to pass along some info about a really good but really cheap derma roller.

#251 Roller

Roller

CEO

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's a nice lil demonstration video

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9g0YSpQ-6xo

Lamar's post/thread a very helpful and his knowledge on LED therapy/devices is invaluable. I highly suggest anyone intersted in rolling also look into complimenting it with LED treatment.

Dr. BRD mentions a little bit about needling/rolling in his very long and popular threads. I would just like to reitirate here because its difficult to go through his long threads to retrieve info in regards to needling/rolling.

Here's some of BRD's comments word for word:

http://www.acne.org/...u...html&st=100

The thing is needling and dermarolling can work, but it can also damage the dermis if done improperly. For example, I would only recommend you get a high quality dermaroller and make sure that its needles are perfectly straight before each and every use. Disinfecting the needles is also supremely important.

"I would say that the genuine MTS rollers are top quality at the moment. As far as using the clearskin .75mm roller on a daily basis, I would say that your skin could get pretty irritated, but there should not be any other problems. You must also make sure that the needles are not dull and/or bent from prolonged use. Finally you should sterilize your roller with ethyl alcohol. However before you do this I suggest you contact Clearskincare and ask them if their roller was designed for this type of sterilization and if not, what their recommnedations are for future use."

"The dermaroller can be effective, although it isn't wise to use a roller with needles that are more than 2mm in length. One also has to be careful how they use the roller, as improper technique could result in small line scars. It's also important to always check whether the roller's needles are straight. That's why getting high quality rollers is the only way to go."
In response to someone complimenting PRP with needling.

"Since you mention that your scarring is generally moderate, I suggest you instead try blood injections (PRP) along with needling and daily light therapy at approximately 4 Joules/cm2. I think this will help you and thus you will likely not need to spend a lot of money on the more expensive stem cell therapy.
1 a) Once every two months needle at a max depth of 2mm (if you want to be on the safe side go with 1.5mm depth)
b) Followed up by PRP injection
2) Needle ~3 times a week at 0.5mm - 0.75mm (for sensitive skin simply use 0.5mm) .75 will make you red the next day
3) Daily light therapy (~4J/cm2)
"

"Yes I was referring to the dermaroller, however the needle depth recommendations hold true for any sort of needling. As I say, 1.5mm depth is in my opinion the best option because it is minimally risky and yet has been shown to cause increased collagen synthesis. As for the diameter of the needles, I'd say go with 30/31 gauge needles if you are going to be doing individual needling. The downtimes will be around 5-7 days.
The needling plus blood injection procedure can be done in any order, however from a practical standpoint it is easier to inject PRP into the scars first and wait for the haematoma to form. That way if you are doing individual scar needling you'll know where to needle. Otherwise the scars will be plumped up from the procedure and it will be harder to identify them.
"

Good luck.

Edited by Roller, 21 August 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#252 Dermaroller US

Dermaroller US

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (trador @ Aug 8 2011, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should always seek a medical professional before using a dermaroller on your face.

Resellers always are quick to claim that their devices are "gamma sterilized". This must be important so that when you use the device that you do not contaminate your face with germs. But why is it not such a big deal when you reuse it that it is not "gamma sterilized"? This seems to be a double standard.

More points to consider are the differences between cleaning a device and sterilizing one. Alcohol is not a sterilizer. Educate and arm yourself with knowledge:

Dermaroller US

#253 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

Just wanted to point out that the first link, "Environ Medical Roll CIT" is currently broken, here's a working link:

EDIT: Hm, it appears I cannot post links.

If the OP would like the working link, PM me and I'll send it? I honestly didn't mean to spread...whatever, I was just trying to give a working link.

EDIT: Ah, wait, idea:

dermaconcepts.com/documents/0000/0103/Articles_-_Environ_-_Micro_Needling.pdf

Edited by DRaGZ, 08 September 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#254 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:21 AM

What you think about 540 pins dermarollers , I read on different forums it's bad to dermarolling because you exceed 200-300 holes/cm. Personally I roll 1 time with DTS 1.5 mm Korea 3 weeks ago, it's to soon to see any improvment.

Edited by Remicade, 16 September 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#255 Littlehelp

Littlehelp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

I roll demar roller every Thursday 1.5 mm

Vitamin E pill apply on the skin after rolling more effect $15 a bottle for 250 pill

I drink Meiji Amino Collagen every night before I go to bed so it will stay in my body at least 8 or 10 hours (cost about $30 per can a month so about $1/drink

I don't drink it during a day cause I drink a lot of water it will go out my body when I pee LOL

I have been doing this almost two years and I see the huge improve on my scars.

Plus I see the huge improve on my scars. I spent $4000 on laser treatment for my scars but did not see a huge improve like derma roller + vitamin E + drink Amino Collagen
Derma Stamp 1 - 1.5mm for scar

Avalon Organics Vitnamin C Serum

#256 caribbean50

caribbean50

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

I have already completed 10 home treatments with 1.5mm dermaroller and have not seen no improvements..

#257 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

Type of scars ? 1 treatment at 6 weeks ? Dry needling ?

#258 Littlehelp

Littlehelp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

wash with with hot water and spray rubbing alcohol

it will keep it clear and kill germ for sure
Derma Stamp 1 - 1.5mm for scar

Avalon Organics Vitnamin C Serum

#259 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

I read many pages on the net and I found that 540 roller is not good for acne scars because not penetrate the skin since of high density of the needles. I made an experiment: I roll with 540 DTS roller without Lidocaine on a small area and surprise it's painless, the needle doesn't penetrate enough. I have another roller 0.3 mm Medik8 roller and it's burn a little when I roll. I will buy another roller with 192 pins.

Edited by Remicade, 25 September 2011 - 11:10 PM.

#260 trador

trador

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

Just an advice do not roll on an acne even its too small. Caused another icepick.