Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dermarolling Support Thread

428 posts in this topic

bro, it is fine doing the derma roller on friday...it ll be great by monday....for sure...unless you re some medication...example.if yr n accutane,yu ll have t wait till the effects wear off(6 mths)..bnecause the drug can make yr skin heal slower than usual.

people need to be asking their dermatologist with these questions, I know people are trying to help but everyones situation is different and should be supervised by a professional.

when using a 1.5mm dermaroller is EMLA or any other anastetic necessary? Or can it be done without?

Yeah, it can be done without. :angel:

guys ....pls helpme....may i kow if its ok to rollover a few pimples....and what should i do if i aleady did......will it cause more scarring...these pimpes are pimples that are kinda embedded deep in my skin.....thus i need yr advice...pls....thanks..

I really don't know anything about dermarolling or needling. Is there any simple step by step guides out there to get my started? I am at square one.

I really don't know anything about dermarolling or needling. Is there any simple step by step guides out there to get my started? I am at square one.

hey, i thinkthey are a few videos out there on youtube by a german source that actually explains on a step by step basis....but i would suggest also reading the whole derma rolling thread...because i think with the experiences of all the members...it opens your mind to getting the best outta yr treatemnt! cheers.

REBEL

Ya I don't have that much scarring on my face except a little bit on the temples. I am kind of interested in using the dermaroller on the sides of my neck, but I don't want to like hit my jugular vein or something.

I rolled for the first time today on my cheeks with a 1.5mm roller. It stung and there were a few small needleholes that let out some blood but other than that I just turned red. So I wonder if I perhaps didn't put enough pressure on it? How hard are you supposed to roll? Should the whole area bleed?

I just used my 1.5mm dermastamp for the first time. Two hours before the stamping I put Vitamin A+C cream with aloe vera on my face. Just before the stamping I cleaned my face. You can't believe how my heart was pumping, but as I started the stamping I noticed it didn't hurt at all. A minimal amount of bleeding. After the stamping I applied Vitamin C serum with L-Ascorbic acid on my face and my face turned very red. I took some pics of my scars before the session and will take some pics later.

What is the best thing to put on your face immediately after rolling, and how do you clean/disinfect the dermaroller?

Does dermarolling actually give results? If so, I'm confused to as why the main scar treamtent thread on here says it doesn't fix scars, just helps soak up medication...

I've dermarolled a few times since June with a 1.5 Dermaroller. I disinfect it and my skin with Povidone iodine. Iodine is the only thing I trust to really sanitize the roller-and I soak the business end of the roller in it inside a small cup for an hour before I roll. I use EMLA before hand and roll pretty aggressively.

I have a few shallow, rolling scars on my left check and one on my right. I'd say overall, my scars are only like 20% better than before I dermarolled-but I think they may improve more as I continue to build collagen.

But my pores are looking tighter and smaller and my skintone in general is alot better, more glowing and healthy looking. If I had to quantify it, I'd say my overall skintone is probably like 50% better.

Sarah Vaughter's website owndoc dot com is a good place to get dermarolling supplies. I didn't get my roller there, but I will be getting my next one from her. I have bought single needles and vit c crystals from her and was very satisfied.

i don't want to sound like a downer or a pessimist but i tried it for over a year on different parts of my body from acne scars, surgical scars, ugly scars, stretch marks...i did it in different degrees from redness to a bloody mess, from the orthodox and unorthodox...after the redness and swelling is gone it looks good but in the long run it looks like the way it used to be.

Here is my dermaroller routine:

Items:

DTS 1.5mm Dermaroller (with 500 needles )

Betadine (Disinfect)

Spray Saline Solution (Disinfect)

EMLA cream

Witch Hazel

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Homemade Vitamin C Serum

Steps:

1. Wipe away dirt and crap from face with Witch Hazel.

2. Wash face with Cetaphil Cleanser

3. Benandine all over face

4. Wipe away Benandine with Spray Saline Solution

5. Apply Generous amounts of EMLA cream over rolling area (THen I cover the face with a plastic wrap)

6. Wait 45mins - 1 hour and then remove EMLA residue with Spray Saline Solution.

7. Allow skin to dry a bit then apply the Vitamin C serum or Copper Peptides

8. Start rolling ( I bleed alot on the forehead )

9. Clean whole face with Spray Saline SOlution.

10. Wait for skin to dry a bit, then apply more Vitamin C Serum.

11. Don't apply moisturizer yet, it might interfere with the Topical.

12. I drink lots of lime and ornage juice, and take about 3 concentrated Omega 3 FIsh Oils a day. Also drink lots of water and rest alot. Stay the hell out of the sun for the first 3 days.

That is sorta my routine which I try to do every 1.5 months. Hope this is helpful to someone and if there are any advice or changes i should make be more welcome to share. thanks

So can anyone provide some links as to where I can buy one of these. Might aswell give it a shot, nothing too drastic. Like a beginners set would do. Just to check it out.

Would be nice if someone made a decent FAQ/Guide about all of this. The first post doesn't really help at all.

I guess something like this seems alright:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Derma-Roller-Treat...3461&sr=8-1

FYI I'm not on anything special. Just using BP and over-the-counter cleansers which seems to be doing a good enough job holding the Acne back, just the damn scars/red marks that never seem to go away.

i don't want to sound like a downer or a pessimist but i tried it for over a year on different parts of my body from acne scars, surgical scars, ugly scars, stretch marks...i did it in different degrees from redness to a bloody mess, from the orthodox and unorthodox...after the redness and swelling is gone it looks good but in the long run it looks like the way it used to be.

Same here, I've dermarolled several times, with a 1.5mm roller, I too have tried both light and aggressive rolling, I have not seen any substantial improvement. I don't particularly suggest this method if your aim is to improve deep acne scars.

SanJoseSkin

So can anyone provide some links as to where I can buy one of these. Might aswell give it a shot, nothing too drastic. Like a beginners set would do. Just to check it out.

Would be nice if someone made a decent FAQ/Guide about all of this. The first post doesn't really help at all.

Please visit my blog, I made it exactly for that :angel:

the url is : homedermaroller.blogspot.com (check out the "FAQ" section)

good luck!

Hello!

So I am a bit confused on how to use this properly. I was planning on following this regime and could you guys please tell me if this is how it is done?

1) wash face

2) apply CP

3) needle certain areas

4) dermaroll

5) wash face

6) reapply CP

so here comes the questions..

> Do I wash the CP off after the 2nd application?

> How often am I supposed to apply the CP? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?

> Am I supposed to single-needle before the dermaroll? Or am I supposed to single-needle a few weeks after dermaroll? If it is after, wouldn't it affect the newly forming collagen from the dermaroll?

Thank you very much for your help!