Photo

My Progress with the Regimen - Things are AWESOME!

makeup make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
120 replies to this topic

#41 bronzeneo

bronzeneo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

Hey Halon2 - thanks for the comment on my page!! Its awesome to have a gaggle of people who are going through the same thing commenting on your progress smile.gif

I'm using the jojoba sparingly where I need it and only at nighttime at the moment. Just moved up to a big pump morning and night of BP and places I didnt think could flake have started... blerk!

A note on mineral makeup - how.awesome.is.it? I used to be liquid all the way, now I can get away with using concealer and loreal true match minerals and its awesome. Love it.

Anywho - keep up the awesome work!!
xx

Current Regimen (as @ 22 August 2009)

Morning:
Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
DKR BP (1/2 pump)
Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Fluid

Night:
DKR BP (1/2 pump)
DKR Moisturiser - rarely use jojoba
AHA+ twice to three times a week (when I remember to use it)

Supplements : None

Progress:
Check out my Log - "Who is the Master, and Who is the Slave" - for updates
After 6 months - NO blackheads, face is smoother and softer, old scars are evening out (forehead wrinkles DISAPPEARING!!! BONUS!!!), NO breakouts and only the scarce bump that never surfaces - My skin is calm and I'm loving it !!

#42 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

Ah, the beauty of Spring Break! Usually normal stress + ovulation = massive painful breakout. This time, just a few pimples that all went away in a few days! In fact, right now I have only one active pimple on my face!! ONE! The rest are healing and fading. The one in the crease on my chin is the only one I'm dealing with right now.

I cannot tell you guys how good that feels!

I need to re-order soon, and am thinking of changing moisturizers to something with SPF in the daytime. I'll probably get the Olay stuff recommended here and see how I like it. It's been just over 2 months, so I think its probably safe to switch something out for now.

Anyway, here are some new pictures. The lighting was kind of terrible, sorry about that.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.21.09_front.JPG
  • 3.21.09_chin.JPG
  • 3.21.09_left.JPG
  • 3.21.09_right.JPG

Started Dan's Regimen 1/14/09. Visit my regimen log.

Morning: Dan's Cleanser, 1 1/2 pumps BP, and 1 pump Dan's moisturizer, Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF, and a light dusting of mineral powder makeup only to even skin tone, not to cover up anything!

Night: Dan's Cleanser, 1 1/2 pump Dan's BP, 1 pump Dan's moisturizer.

(1 pump is with the new style pump.)

Progress: I AM CLEAR! And I mean completely clear. Even my hormonal acne is gone! I barely use make up, I don't have red marks. Only thing I have to be careful with is washing off the sunscreen well at the end of the day. If I slack for a day or two, I will get a whitehead on the side of my nose or something small on my chin. That's it.

#43 ann989

ann989

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (halon2 @ Mar 21 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, the beauty of Spring Break! Usually normal stress + ovulation = massive painful breakout. This time, just a few pimples that all went away in a few days! In fact, right now I have only one active pimple on my face!! ONE! The rest are healing and fading. The one in the crease on my chin is the only one I'm dealing with right now.

I cannot tell you guys how good that feels!

I need to re-order soon, and am thinking of changing moisturizers to something with SPF in the daytime. I'll probably get the Olay stuff recommended here and see how I like it. It's been just over 2 months, so I think its probably safe to switch something out for now.

Anyway, here are some new pictures. The lighting was kind of terrible, sorry about that.

I've just recently seen this page and saw ur photos! Oh my gosh ur acne has improved so well and I'm so happy that everything's good with the regimen! Well done, makes all of us new users more positive about improving as well! lol! =)

#44 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

I've just recently seen this page and saw ur photos! Oh my gosh ur acne has improved so well and I'm so happy that everything's good with the regimen! Well done, makes all of us new users more positive about improving as well! lol! =)

I'm so glad to hear that its encouraging for you! I am seeing general overall improvement in my skin, but the redmarks aren't fading very fast. I've started using a different moisturizer in the morning as well, one with SPF 15 and is a bit thicker. So far, so good!

Yesterday and today, though, I've had a few more hormonal pimples come through. No biggie compared to the last few months smile.gif

Morning: Dan's Cleanser, 1 1/2 pumps BP, and 1 pump Dan's moisturizer, Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF, and a light dusting of mineral powder makeup only to even skin tone, not to cover up anything!

Progress: I AM CLEAR! And I mean completely clear. Even my hormonal acne is gone! I barely use make up, I don't have red marks. Only thing I have to be careful with is washing off the sunscreen well at the end of the day. If I slack for a day or two, I will get a whitehead on the side of my nose or something small on my chin. That's it.

#45 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

Well, some good news and some bad. First the bad. I think the Aveeno Positively Radiant + SPF has made me break out some, which is frustrating. I went to get the Ultra Calm + SPF last night, but it was $15 and I just couldn't do it. I'll go back to Dan's moisturizer in the morning for awhile. But I'm running seriously low! I can't find the Olay moisturizer + SPF that is recommended in stores here. I suppose I could order it online, but then I'd have to pay shipping. What a pain!

Good news! With Colorado being so dry and having to wash my hands so much with the regimen my hands were getting dry and itchy. I finally found a lotion that 1) doesn't have a strong smell 2)absorbs easily but doesn't dry too quickly 3) works! I love it so much!

I also bought Head and Shoulders shampoo to see if that will help with breakouts along the back of my hairline and on my upper back. It's got zinc in it, and people say that their Derms have told them to use it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll let you all know how it works out.

#46 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

Well, I think I have it finally figured out with my acne. The regimen is seriously helping with the regular stuff, but I get 2 rounds of hormonal acne. I get 1 round during ovulation (7-10 days before my period) and they day or two before I start. That's what the cheek stuff is that I get, and some of the nastier ones on my chin and by my lip.

I've stopped using the Aveeno and I haven't gotten anymore of the little blackheads/whiteheads. A lot of what's on the pictures is from the Aveeno Positively Radiant. That kind of bums me out, but there's nothing I can do about it right now except move on.

Here's today's pics. I'm all shiny because I'd been cleaning and was a bit sweaty. They're kind of gross, but I have to keep going with this log or else I'll kick myself later. The big one on my cheek is actually two small ones that have popped already. The one on the corner of my mouth isn't so bad. It's healing and I'm trying not to pick at it...

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.28.09_front.jpg
  • 3.28.09_left.jpg
  • 3.28.09_right.jpg
  • 3.28.09_chin.jpg

#47 electricfeel

electricfeel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

I definitely see results!!! Very nice... I'm glad this regimen is working for you.

#48 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Well, I just re-ordered and committed myself to another 2 months on the regimen. Hopefully my hormonal acne will continue to subside and the older red marks will fade more. At the end of this 2nd round, my goal is to have ONE DAY with clear skin. I don't care when it is or why it happens, but by the end of May, just one day would be awesome. This means few to no red marks and no active or healing pimples.

I'm going to ask my mom to order the AHA to try and speed the process a bit. Do you guys think this is doable?

#49 bronzeneo

bronzeneo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (halon2 @ Mar 30 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I just re-ordered and committed myself to another 2 months on the regimen. Hopefully my hormonal acne will continue to subside and the older red marks will fade more. At the end of this 2nd round, my goal is to have ONE DAY with clear skin. I don't care when it is or why it happens, but by the end of May, just one day would be awesome. This means few to no red marks and no active or healing pimples.

I'm going to ask my mom to order the AHA to try and speed the process a bit. Do you guys think this is doable?

Definitely doable - just make sure you use a small amount (thin layer) when you first start using it, and use it at a time where you know you've got nothing on and something to occupy your mind - if you start itching, you'll know what I mean!!
I've found after using it every other day, it makes my face smoother and my makeup seems to sit better.
Try it and see what you think - a tube will last you FOR-EVER.
If you get it - let me know how you go
xx
PS - Im totally with you on your goal smile.gif

Current Regimen (as @ 22 August 2009)

Morning:
DKR BP (1/2 pump)
Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Fluid

Night:
DKR BP (1/2 pump)
DKR Moisturiser - rarely use jojoba
AHA+ twice to three times a week (when I remember to use it)

Supplements : None

Progress:
Check out my Log - "Who is the Master, and Who is the Slave" - for updates
After 6 months - NO blackheads, face is smoother and softer, old scars are evening out (forehead wrinkles DISAPPEARING!!! BONUS!!!), NO breakouts and only the scarce bump that never surfaces - My skin is calm and I'm loving it !!

#50 deletemyaccount

deletemyaccount

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (halon2 @ Mar 30 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YAY! halon, glad to hear it! I know what you mean about the clear skin...one day!! Yeah, the AHA will help alot, especially with red marks and it just makes your skin GLOW! It may purge you a little bit at first, but that's to be expected. Although for some it doesn't. Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated and I look forward to more posts/pictures. razz.gif

#51 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

So, bright_eyes, I read in another thread that Dan's AHA was giving you problems with big red zits, and that you've switched to Walgreens brand. Is that still the case? Has anyone else had this problem?

#52 deletemyaccount

deletemyaccount

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (halon2 @ Apr 2 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, bright_eyes, I read in another thread that Dan's AHA was giving you problems with big red zits, and that you've switched to Walgreens brand. Is that still the case? Has anyone else had this problem?

Yeah it seems to bring up those under the skin ones up and makes them big and hurtful. I've tried it 4 times now and each time it has the same effect. I tried it again this past weekend, and woke up saturday with 6 new ones. doubt.gif BUT, I love the Walgreens Nature's Finest Alpha Hydroxy Lotion. It seems of helped my face. For me, it actually helps those under the skin bumps and red spots. I use it at night after the entire regimen. eusa_angel.gif
After ALL of that I put extra virgin olive oil on the red spots and it's HELPED somewhat. eusa_clap.gif

I'd like to know if anyone else had this problem with his AHA?

#53 deletemyaccount

deletemyaccount

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hey halon 2, do you know where I can get some Everyday Minerals mineral powder makeup? Thanks dear! biggrin.gif

#54 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

I got my mineral makeup from their website: www.everydayminerals.com If you want to get minerals in a store, I had good results with Bare Minerals from Sephora (or Ulta).

Get the sample pack from the EM website is my suggestion. You get a sample of 3 foundations, a blush, and a face product (concealer, mattifier, etc.) and all you pay is shipping. Depending on your usage, one sample foundation can last about a month.

I've got updates including pictures, I'm just totally unmotivated to put them up this week. Things are looking good, though!

#55 deletemyaccount

deletemyaccount

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

Thank you! I'm going to order the samples next week. Don't get paid until then! LOL.

Glad to hear things are looking up! biggrin.gif

#56 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

Before you order, think about whether you might need the matte version of the powder. I've never needed much mattifying with my makeup, but for some reason, EM was kind of shiny on me. When I reorder, I'm going to get the matte version so I don't need to reapply and blot as much. Just food for thought.

Ok, so it's been WAAAAAAAAY too long since I've updated. These pictures are from almost two weeks ago, Friday 4/3/09. It was an ok week, nothing horribly bad. Last week was bad for my right cheek for some reason. I don't know why, but I got 4 pimples, 2 of which were fairly big, on my right cheek. Nothing on the left and only a little tiny one on the chin. So weird! I wonder if I'm sleeping on my right side more? I suppose I could wash my pillowcases. It's just odd that that happened. I usually get them all over, not on one side.

I'll take more pictures tonight after moisturizer, but it looks like I'm finally out of room for attachments. I'll need to post them as links, which I know is a pain. I wish they gave us more room! But I suppose I got more to fit than most people because I resized them. Hopefully you guys will still look when I have to link everything smile.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• 4.3.09_front.jpg
  • 4.3.09_left.jpg
  • 4.3.09_right.jpg
  • 4.3.09_chin.jpg

#57 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

Ok, so I'm taking pictures and then waiting a week to post them, apparently!

Things are going well. I'm thinking I should be breaking out much worse right now because of hormones...but I'm not. Knock on wood, but I think my hormonal acne is getting much better. Now if the redmarks would fade faster! A lot of the stuff you see in these pictures is gone (like the ones next to my right eye and on my chin).

Also, I found a new use for Dan's cleanser! I was thinking today that my face might get better if I were more diligent about washing my makeup brushes. (I'm really not very good about that.) I ran out of the stuff I'd been using to clean them and was just going to use water. I took my big puffy brush and rinsed it for awhile, squeezing and pushing the water out. Then I figured, I might as well try the cleanser.

OMG best decision ever! Old makeup started STREAMING out of the brushes! It was DISGUSTING! I washed my big powder brush 4 or 5 times and towards the end, the stuff coming out was grey colored, not even tan like my makeup. SO GROSS! I've been putting that stuff on my face!!!

So yeah, I did that with ALL my brushes. My concealer brush wasn't so bad, but my blush brushes were. I did everything, eye shadow (brush and sponge), blush brushes, eyeliner brush, even my brow brush. All of them are totally clean now! Maybe that will help me clear up even faster?

Anyway, THANKS DAN for making such a great cleanser!!!

Ok, like I said last time, I'm out of attachment room, so here are the links to my pics. This will allow me to keep bigger pictures, so y'all might get a better idea comparison-wise.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Front
Right
Left
Chin

#58 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

I finally just ordered the AHA, so hopefully that'll get here this week I can incorporate it at night to help reduce redmarks.

I cannot tell you guys how happy I am with everything right now. I'm at the point where I'm just using a light application of mineral makeup (back to Physician's formula now that my EM samples have run out) with just the littlest bit of extra coverage on spots. Actually, yesterday I went to Target just wearing mascara. No powder/foundation at all! And I felt fine doing it.

I'm also going to be adding a facial sunscreen now that its so warm and I'm outside so much. I've felt horrible not using one all spring. I'm going to try the Aveeno SPF 30 for face and see how it does.

I've changed my routine slightly, so make sure to look at my new sig.

And for those of you still trying to decide whether to get the regimen, I say try it. So much of what we hear on the forums is when the regimen fails, because people are naturally inclined to be more open when something doesn't work. It brings them back to share their experience. I think that's why we hear more about the flaking and redness from people than we do from the ones that it works for (like me.)

If you've started already and are maybe struggling with certain things, just keep going. Unless you're having severe reactions, it'll get better with time. Be gentle, use the right amount of BP and moisturizer, and keep in mind that it takes time. 4 months in and I'm still getting small random pimples, but I haven't had a deep painful one in my cheek for OVER A MONTH now!! That's a big deal!

Anyway. Hopefully I'll post more pictures this week smile.gif

#59 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

Alright, so I finally got the AHA, and holy crap is it runny! I don't like it being in a tube that has to sit on the cap, because everything squirts out if I don't hold it shake it upside down first. Ugh. I know its harder to get all the product out of the pumps, but at least it doesn't do that.

Since I don't have any active pimples (!) I couldn't really spot treat, so I spread a very thin layer on the worst redmarks I have on my cheeks and chin. No stinging or itching at all, but I didn't use very much. I used the regular moisturizer after awhile all over my face, but not very much. That was Wednesday night.

Thursday night I did the same.

Then yesterday morning, I noticed two small pimples on my chin. They were the kind with the firm center that can be squeezed out really easily (sorry, that was gross). Then last night there was a 3rd one above my left eyebrow.

Has this happened to anyone else on the AHA? They're not big inflamed whiteheads or anything, but it sure is weird that after being clear for so long, this happens. I really want something to help the redmarks fade, and everyone says AHA will do that, but is this the downside? I'm going to skip a couple nights and apply it again Monday or Tuesday so hopefully this won't happen.

Also, Thursday night I was ridiculously tired and I was rubbing my eyes for a minute. It's such a bad habit, and I know that, but it's so comforting. I've done it my entire life with no ill effects, but Thursday around 1 am I look in the mirror and there's a vertical bruise on my nose, between my eyes. WTF? I didn't rub them exceptionally hard or anything, but my skin bruised! It's going away, but Friday morning I had to cover it with makeup.

Does BP make the skin that sensitive?

Anyway, other than those two minor things, everything is great! My skin feels and looks good for the most part, I would just like to help the old stuff fade now. If I can do that, I will feel like the regimen has been a success for me.

I will try to post pictures tonight, weird bruise and all. smile.gif

#60 halon2

halon2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Ok, here are pictures, as promised.

It's weird, you can't really see the vertical bruise between my eyes on my nose, but its there.

The one on the forehead is one of those I talked about in my last post, as is the larger one on the end of my chin. Caused by AHA? I don't know. Guess we'll find out after I use it a few times.

Front
Right
Left
Chin

Getting so close to being clear. I want to be able to go out without makeup this summer during the day!!