Photo

Cheaper Alternative to ProActiv Benzoyl Lotion? (extra strength %7)

1 reply to this topic

#1 myfeetarenumb

myfeetarenumb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hi, I have found that the ProActiv benzoyl peroxide(%7) lotion works pretty well for managing my acne. However, ProActiv only sells their overpriced bundle packages, where as I just need the one. Is there a similiar strength, but cheaper alternative to this?

THANKS! ninja.gif

#2 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

There are a good number of 5% and 10% BP creams in drugstores: Persa-Gel, Zapzyt, Oxy, Clearasil are all widely available, and many stores will have their own store branded 5% or 10% BPs. They won't have as nice a consistency as the Proactiv BP lotion, unfortunately, and can go on kind of chunky and white if you aren't careful. A prescription BP gel (Panoxyl, Brevoxyl) might be a better option depending on your health insurance coverage. If you're willing to try a lower strength BP (which you would use more of), Dan's BP gel has the absolute best consistency of any acne treatment I've ever used. There's also good 'ol eBay, and you might be able to find people selling the higher strength Proactiv lotion there.
Keeping me clear, morning and night: Acne.org Cleanser, Acne.org Jojoba Oil after cleansing but before BP all over face, 1 1/2 pumps of Acne.org benzoyl peroxide, Acne.org moisturizer (morning only), Banana Boat Baby Sunblock SPF 50 (morning only), JASON 5000 IU Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Cream around eyes only, Acne.org AHA+ Acne.org Salicylic Acid+ beta version (night only)<br />
<br />
My advice for Acne.org Regimen beginners - Using jojoba oil as a mask/scrub to remove flakes and moisturize dry skin - Summary of exfoliation methods to try with the regimen<br />
<br />
Not here as often anymore, so for the timeliest advice, post your questions on the forums for the whole community to help out with rather than contacting me directly :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users