Photo

Full Face Threading

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 miszANH

miszANH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:26 AM

I get my eyebrows threaded but I`m wondering if anyone has gotten full face threaded before?
I have light small hairs that aren`t noticable but they bug me, but I don`t wanna do anything that
would irritate my skin.

#2 jessico

jessico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (miszANH @ Jan 15 2009, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get my eyebrows threaded but I`m wondering if anyone has gotten full face threaded before?
I have light small hairs that aren`t noticable but they bug me, but I don`t wanna do anything that
would irritate my skin.

I love threading! I have never had it done on my whole face (Accutane makes that impossible) but a few of my friends regularly do full-facial threading and they love it. Most of them only have to do it about once a month. However, if your skin is really sensitive then you may get some red spots on your cheeks for a few hours afterwards. I don't know why the cheeks develop irritation but not the chin, eyebrows, etc... but either way, it might be worth it for you to just try it one time since its definitely far less irritating than waxing or Nair.

Oh and if you're worried about breaking out because of the threading just exfoliate your face very gently with a wet washcloth or something when the hair starts to grow back and that will stop any hairs from becoming ingrown and inflamed.

#3 Serenitypinkblossom

Serenitypinkblossom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

Don't do it!!!! It hurts like shit.. i mean when i got my eyebrows done i was like crying but imaging your whole face going through that...ouchies!!!

#4 sk3junkie

sk3junkie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

you can always shave it.
What I do sometimes is use benzoyl peroxide cleanser as a shaving cream and shave downwards. dont go up because that'll irritate your skin.
~MORNING~
Wash with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash Cream Cleanser
Wash with Oxy 10% BP on face.
Sea Breeze Deep Clean astrigent
Aloe Vera Gel under makeup as primer.

Makeup Foundation
L'oreal True Match foundation.
Rimmel Bronzer so I dont look dead.
PsychiansFormula translucent powder to set makeup.

~NIGHT~
Wash with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash Cream Cleanser
Wash with Oxy 10% BP on face.
Sea Breeze Deep Clean astrigent
Clean&Clear Persa-Gel

STATUS!
My face seems to be healing a lot faster with the toner. I think everyone who has had problems with ACV being too harsh should try Witch Hazel or Sea Breeze toner! Whoever said toner was not necessary, I think is wrong because it helps my skin a lot! =)

#5 Gime

Gime

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

I wax. Far more thorough. If your skin's not sensitive, that is.

Waxing or threading don't leave stubble. Hair removal creams and shaving do leave stubble. Not exactly pleasant on a female face.

#6 bstmama

bstmama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

I am on my 5 month of Accutane and have been threading my WHOLE face once a month. Being on Accutane you are not supposed to wax so I started threading. Does not hurt at all. Works great, love it, will continue even when I am through with Accutane!! eusa_angel.gif

#7 cupcake_19

cupcake_19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

I was thinking of getting my whole face threaded too... are u suppose to go there with no make up on?

#8 mayholic

mayholic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

lol, it's called epistick. mellow.gif

#9 bstmama

bstmama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

When I get my face threaded I wear make-up. I have done it with make-up on and on a clean face, I get the same results.

#10 lameness

lameness

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (sk3junkie @ Jan 18 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can always shave it.
What I do sometimes is use benzoyl peroxide cleanser as a shaving cream and shave downwards. dont go up because that'll irritate your skin.

blink.gif Don't you get stubble though?

#11 UTvols

UTvols

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

It's crazy i found this post...I'm getting my face threaded in 10 days or so when I go home for my next blood work appointment. I'm on my 6th week of accutane...I'll let ya'll know how it goes!!!
"No lie. Just know I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight." -Jay Z

My Accutane Log :)

Current Regime:
Started Accutane: 12-23-08
80 mg a day
5 month course
Cerave cleanser and moisturizer
Ortho Tri Cyclen, Zinc, Fish Oil

#12 totallyfedup

totallyfedup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

I haven't done my whole face, but I've gotten my eyebrows, lip, and chin all done at once and I will probably not do that again. It took a pretty long time and I could barely stand it for that long! I think I'll just stick to my eyebrows.

#13 Eyramore

Eyramore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

I've done my eyebrows and lip at the same time and the whole procedure took less than 5 minutes. My face was a little bit red after but it subsided within half an hour.

My ex shaved her upper lip and she definitely had stubble. I suppose stubble is forgiveable on a guy, but on a girl, it's a little unexpected.

#14 itsabeautifulday

itsabeautifulday

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

I've been getting my face threaded for years now and I plan on doing it while still being on Accutane. My dermatologist said its perfectly fine, as long as its not waxing.
Started Accutane April 1, 2009

Click Here for My Accutane Log!

Month 1- 60 mg daily (30 mg twice a day)

Cetaphil face wash
Oil of Olay moisturizer
Vaseline Intensive Rescue body lotion
Aquaphor and Burt's Bees for lips

#15 Ashley Sara

Ashley Sara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:13 AM

ew seriously DONT SHAVE IT
that is like the worst thing you could do.
I have fully threaded my face and it may hurt but I find that it pays off in the end. You can get makeup off easier and it just clears my face up in general.
hahaha

:]

#16 angelgal

angelgal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Ashley Sara @ Feb 11 2009, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ew seriously DONT SHAVE IT
that is like the worst thing you could do.
I have fully threaded my face and it may hurt but I find that it pays off in the end. You can get makeup off easier and it just clears my face up in general.

threading gets of all hair including parts of ur cheek, but it hurts alot more on the cheek area then the brow, but upperlips has to be the worstas the skin in this area is very thin. full face cost ard 15 bucks/per tym and last 3 to 4 weeks, for me 3 to 3 days as my regrowth of hair is very very fast. However i get all those tiny pimples right after threading and leaves my face rather painful, maybe because i have sensitive skin

#17 BananaVista

BananaVista

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

I know I'm kind of late but I thread my eyebrows. I never had my eyebrows waxed so I don't know what to compare that to. But I have had my lip waxed and threaded. I have also used creams, but can't use them anymore. I have to say that threading the lip hurts. That mess hurts so bad. I had to tell the lady to stop before I started cussing and tearing up. But I am fine with my eyebrows being threaded even though there is some pain, but it is not that bad and my eyebrows look so nice afterward. I still haven't found a solution for my upper lip hair. I haven't touched my upper lip hair in a year lol, but it is not obvious unless you're all up on me. I'm going to try threading again, or maybe slightly shaving it or maybe I should have a sex change so I just don't have to deal with ppl judging me or being self conscious of my lip hair! But that's a tad bit expensive so I'll trying a shaving and tweezing combo first biggrin.gif.

Edited by BananaVista, 08 December 2009 - 02:41 PM.

#18 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

I thread my eyebrows and it hurts like a *****. But, it's sooooo worth it.
Celebrating Fishbulb to the fullest...

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.”

#19 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

your whole face...? yeowzah o.O
"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

#20 1day@atime

1day@atime

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

I used to get my whole face threaded, but I made the decision to not do or use anything that could be irritating my face. It makes sense that threading could cause some to breakout, because you're disrupting your hair follicles. If your hair isn't that noticeable, I'd avoid threading. After doing it once, the hair will grow back more noticeable than before. So unless you're dedicated to doing it every month, I'd leave it alone. My facial hair is blond, not noticeable, but definitely longer than it was BEFORE I started threading.

I still get my eyebrows and upper lip done, but I no longer thread my entire face.