Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Face Threading

39 posts in this topic

I get my eyebrows threaded but I`m wondering if anyone has gotten full face threaded before?

I have light small hairs that aren`t noticable but they bug me, but I don`t wanna do anything that

would irritate my skin.

I get my eyebrows threaded but I`m wondering if anyone has gotten full face threaded before?

I have light small hairs that aren`t noticable but they bug me, but I don`t wanna do anything that

would irritate my skin.

I love threading! I have never had it done on my whole face (Accutane makes that impossible) but a few of my friends regularly do full-facial threading and they love it. Most of them only have to do it about once a month. However, if your skin is really sensitive then you may get some red spots on your cheeks for a few hours afterwards. I don't know why the cheeks develop irritation but not the chin, eyebrows, etc... but either way, it might be worth it for you to just try it one time since its definitely far less irritating than waxing or Nair.

Oh and if you're worried about breaking out because of the threading just exfoliate your face very gently with a wet washcloth or something when the hair starts to grow back and that will stop any hairs from becoming ingrown and inflamed.

Don't do it!!!! It hurts like shit.. i mean when i got my eyebrows done i was like crying but imaging your whole face going through that...ouchies!!!

you can always shave it.

What I do sometimes is use benzoyl peroxide cleanser as a shaving cream and shave downwards. dont go up because that'll irritate your skin.

~MORNING~

Wash with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash Cream Cleanser

Wash with Oxy 10% BP on face.

Sea Breeze Deep Clean astrigent

Aloe Vera Gel under makeup as primer.

Makeup Foundation

L'oreal True Match foundation.

Rimmel Bronzer so I dont look dead.

PsychiansFormula translucent powder to set makeup.

~NIGHT~

Wash with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash Cream Cleanser

Wash with Oxy 10% BP on face.

Sea Breeze Deep Clean astrigent

Clean&Clear Persa-Gel

STATUS!

My face seems to be healing a lot faster with the toner. I think everyone who has had problems with ACV being too harsh should try Witch Hazel or Sea Breeze toner! Whoever said toner was not necessary, I think is wrong because it helps my skin a lot! =)

I wax. Far more thorough. If your skin's not sensitive, that is.

Waxing or threading don't leave stubble. Hair removal creams and shaving do leave stubble. Not exactly pleasant on a female face.

I am on my 5 month of Accutane and have been threading my WHOLE face once a month. Being on Accutane you are not supposed to wax so I started threading. Does not hurt at all. Works great, love it, will continue even when I am through with Accutane!! :angel:

I was thinking of getting my whole face threaded too... are u suppose to go there with no make up on?

When I get my face threaded I wear make-up. I have done it with make-up on and on a clean face, I get the same results.

you can always shave it.

What I do sometimes is use benzoyl peroxide cleanser as a shaving cream and shave downwards. dont go up because that'll irritate your skin.

:blink: Don't you get stubble though?

It's crazy i found this post...I'm getting my face threaded in 10 days or so when I go home for my next blood work appointment. I'm on my 6th week of accutane...I'll let ya'll know how it goes!!!

"No lie. Just know I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight." -Jay Z

My Accutane Log :)

Current Regime:

Started Accutane: 12-23-08

80 mg a day

5 month course

Cerave cleanser and moisturizer

Ortho Tri Cyclen, Zinc, Fish Oil

I haven't done my whole face, but I've gotten my eyebrows, lip, and chin all done at once and I will probably not do that again. It took a pretty long time and I could barely stand it for that long! I think I'll just stick to my eyebrows.

I've done my eyebrows and lip at the same time and the whole procedure took less than 5 minutes. My face was a little bit red after but it subsided within half an hour.

My ex shaved her upper lip and she definitely had stubble. I suppose stubble is forgiveable on a guy, but on a girl, it's a little unexpected.

I've been getting my face threaded for years now and I plan on doing it while still being on Accutane. My dermatologist said its perfectly fine, as long as its not waxing.

Started Accutane April 1, 2009

Click Here for My Accutane Log!

Month 1- 60 mg daily (30 mg twice a day)

Cetaphil face wash

Oil of Olay moisturizer

Vaseline Intensive Rescue body lotion

Aquaphor and Burt's Bees for lips

ew seriously DONT SHAVE IT

that is like the worst thing you could do.

I have fully threaded my face and it may hurt but I find that it pays off in the end. You can get makeup off easier and it just clears my face up in general.

hahaha

:]

ew seriously DONT SHAVE IT

that is like the worst thing you could do.

I have fully threaded my face and it may hurt but I find that it pays off in the end. You can get makeup off easier and it just clears my face up in general.

threading gets of all hair including parts of ur cheek, but it hurts alot more on the cheek area then the brow, but upperlips has to be the worstas the skin in this area is very thin. full face cost ard 15 bucks/per tym and last 3 to 4 weeks, for me 3 to 3 days as my regrowth of hair is very very fast. However i get all those tiny pimples right after threading and leaves my face rather painful, maybe because i have sensitive skin

I know I'm kind of late but I thread my eyebrows. I never had my eyebrows waxed so I don't know what to compare that to. But I have had my lip waxed and threaded. I have also used creams, but can't use them anymore. I have to say that threading the lip hurts. That mess hurts so bad. I had to tell the lady to stop before I started cussing and tearing up. But I am fine with my eyebrows being threaded even though there is some pain, but it is not that bad and my eyebrows look so nice afterward. I still haven't found a solution for my upper lip hair. I haven't touched my upper lip hair in a year lol, but it is not obvious unless you're all up on me. I'm going to try threading again, or maybe slightly shaving it or maybe I should have a sex change so I just don't have to deal with ppl judging me or being self conscious of my lip hair! But that's a tad bit expensive so I'll trying a shaving and tweezing combo first :D.

I thread my eyebrows and it hurts like a *****. But, it's sooooo worth it.

Celebrating Fishbulb to the fullest...

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.â€

your whole face...? yeowzah o.O

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

I used to get my whole face threaded, but I made the decision to not do or use anything that could be irritating my face. It makes sense that threading could cause some to breakout, because you're disrupting your hair follicles. If your hair isn't that noticeable, I'd avoid threading. After doing it once, the hair will grow back more noticeable than before. So unless you're dedicated to doing it every month, I'd leave it alone. My facial hair is blond, not noticeable, but definitely longer than it was BEFORE I started threading.

I still get my eyebrows and upper lip done, but I no longer thread my entire face.

I found self threading videos online and I posted two links. I haven't perfected my eyebrows yet so I am going to continue to go to someone to thread my eyebrows until I am fully comfortable with doing it myself to save money.

Overall, self threading is easy with the help of the videos and cheap because all you need is some string!

Here are two of many how-to youtube videos about threading yourself that I found helpful:

Eyebrows:

Beauty Basics: Threading Eyebrows

I love that arch that eyebrow threading gives. I found it easy to thread the eyebrows, but it is kind of dangerous because it was taking all the hair off and I was afraid of messing up my arch.

Upper Lip

Hair Removal: Threading!

I tried threading my upper lip myself and it was a little less painful than getting it done from the salon. However, I still found the upper lip to be a lot more difficult than the eyebrows for me due to the pain and my hair on my lip is a lot softer and thinner making it harder for the thread to get hold of it for me at least, but I hope it will get easier with time.

Is it just me or are we forgetting the possibility of bleaching? :0

I have only ever gotten my eyebrows threaded, and that was one time, AND it was crazily overdone (I'm partial to the fuller 40s'-brow look, myself), but I can only imagine how painful full-face is...

I bleach my upper lip, and pluck any dark hairs (ex. my eyebrows). ... Really though. Bleaching! I would recommend that over shaving until my face turns blue!

my regimen ♪ back to basics

morning

~ cleanse with Purpose

~ moisturize with Purpose, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock 100+ SPF, 2 drops Jojoba

night

~cleanse with Purpose

~apply Epiduo

....Why would you need to do anything with your face? I pluck my eyebrows and bleach my upper lip... what other kind of hair is there? O_O

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur á l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Poor Kairasa thinks she has a yen For those clean-cut young Ivy League men. Although they look cute In their blazers and suits, They can only get it up now and then.
"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

I have some darker hairs on my chin :rolleyes: I got them threaded a few times along with my upper lip and brows and everything went fine except for my chin. It started breaking out constantly but has calmed down since I stopped threading my chin. I bleach them now and it's all good but sometimes in daylight (like when I look into my driver's seat mirror) I can see the fuzz and it bothers me. Oh well what can I do?

I also have some stray buggers close to my sideburns that I know to catch once in four or five weeks.