Photo

Has anyone tried Luminesse airbrush makeup?

makeup foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 greeneyes44

greeneyes44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hi Everyone ~

I was just curious if anyone has tried Luminess airbrush makeup and if so what was your experience with it good or bad?

I recently heard about it on a late night infomercial and I'm wondering if it's any good or just a gimmicky thing.

Here are the claimed benefits:

• "Flawless" airbrush look
  • Minimizes the look of wrinkles and fine lines
  • Hygenic b/c no brushes or hands ever touch your face
  • covers blemishes, acne, and large pores
  • Fast application
  • Dermatologist recommended
  • Oil Free

My skin right now is way too dry for mineral make up and the liquid foundation / powder combo is looking too cakey due to the dryness....maybe this stuff would look more natural?

If any of you have tried Luminess or heard from people who have, please share your experience.

Thanks!

#2 Trace D

Trace D

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

Hey, I have the same problem. I've seen those commercials and wondered also if it works. I did look at some reviews and they were not positive for this brand. Basically the machine was crap. However, I'm wondering if the whole "airbrush" idea works too. I'll keep an eye on this post.

#3 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'm surprised not a lot of people have replied to this post. I also posted a topic on airbrush makeup and no one has responded yet. I thought airbrush makeup would be a hot topic right now, but I guess it's mineral makeup.

I prefer to use mineral makeup over liquid; however, mineral makeup makes my face very dry and flakey. I was almost going to give Everyday Minerals a try, but now I really want to give airbrush makeup a try.

After doing some research, it's hard to say if airbrush makeup will work. A lot of airbrush makeup sites I read barely said anything about it being good for acne-prone skin. Mineral makeup sites, on the other hand, talk about how good minerals are for acne-prone skin.

If nobody responds to this post and shares their experiences with airbrush makeup, then I guess I will go ahead and give it a try and let you guys know how it goes smile.gif

#4 Jlisondra

Jlisondra

misalnya u tidak tahan ketika aku pergi.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

i've also seen this infomerical, but have never tried it. i've read reviews about temptu airbrush makeup and it has positive feedback. i think that the idea of airbrush makeup is great, but some machines can be pretty expensive and a little complex .. i've also heard of spray airbrush makeup such as ERA everyday airbrush and dior airflash. i don't know. i think we'll hear about it much more in a few months.

#5 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:28 AM

Oh I know...it is pretty expensive and complex. I hope it will be worth it. I'm planning on buying some airbrush makeup next month once I save up more money.

#6 mlist

mlist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

I tried the Luminess Air and just mailed it back today. It looks like I had sprayed sand all over my face. My husband paints cars and he is very familiar with airbrush machines and he says it is not a good quality one that is why it splatters. I am going to try Temptu next. I will let you know after I get it. I have read great reviews on it.

#7 D_lightful

D_lightful

~D~liciously so

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

Edited by D_lightful, 07 September 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#8 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

Oh, I'm so glad there are more responses to this post! smile.gif

I'm still scared to try airbrush makeup. It's expensive and complex.

mlist - thanks for the review on Luminess! Let us know how Temptu goes! Good luck!

D_lightful - Dior Airflash? Never heard of it! Since you love it, I'm guessing it doesn't make you break out. I'll try to find this on the internet once I'm done with this. Sounds like a good product...

#9 nicolemarie

nicolemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (angel07 @ Mar 18 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I'm so glad there are more responses to this post! smile.gif

I'm still scared to try airbrush makeup. It's expensive and complex.

mlist - thanks for the review on Luminess! Let us know how Temptu goes! Good luck!

D_lightful - Dior Airflash? Never heard of it! Since you love it, I'm guessing it doesn't make you break out. I'll try to find this on the internet once I'm done with this. Sounds like a good product...

I had mild acne with hormonal flare ups, so most of the time I am 90% clear, I tried Dior Airflash and didn't like it at all, it is only for people who want HEAVY coverage and will look like you are wearing SERIOUS makeup.

#10 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty much clear too. I just get pimples around my period now. I want coverage, but not too much coverage to the point where your face looks cakey and feels heavy. I also have some red marks on my forehead and chin, but any makeup covers it up pretty well. I read the ingredients for the Dior Airflash and didn't really like what I saw. It had dimethicone (spelling?) and I heard that this can sometimes cause acne. I don't care too much for products with lots of ingredients.

#11 D_lightful

D_lightful

~D~liciously so

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

Edited by D_lightful, 07 September 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#12 HeatherLUMair

HeatherLUMair

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

I love this product and would recommend that everyone try it!

Luminess Air Airbrush Cosmetics is not foundation in an aresol can, but is a true airbrush system with patented airbrush cosmetics made here is the USA. Also, when you use the Luminess Air Cosmetic Airbrush System you do not get the messy overspray that you do with an aresol can. With Luminess Air you can achieve the most flawless, youthful looking skin by airbrushing away your imperfections. When I found this product I left my swirl, tap, and brush behind and have been amazed with my results. My skin no longer looks dry, listless, and dull but looks hydrated, smooth, and youthful! It is also healthy for my skin as it is the most hygenic way to apply makeup, and I have noticed less break outs since I began to use this. (FYI - Even if you clean your brushes after every use they still house bacteria and dirt, expecially at the base of the brush's bristles.)

I love this product and would recommend that everyone try it!

#13 Carbonate

Carbonate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

I just purchased the Temptu airbrush machine from Sephora ($225, which seems expensive but if you think about how much you can spend on multiple nice brushes from M.A.C. then it's not *too* bad)---right now if you use the promo code "TEMPTU" at checkout you get two free foundation packs for it, which normally cost $55! All of the reviews I've come across for it have been glowing. Once it arrives I'll be sure to post a before and after pic, since all of the demos you see from the company on YouTube are of course done on women that already have nice skin. I don't have much in the way of acne left thanks to spironolactone, but I have quite a few scars so I am curious to see how well this works for covering those up.

Here's hoping it works...but if not, Sephora accepts returns.

#14 maryland_24

maryland_24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Carbonate @ Aug 6 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just purchased the Temptu airbrush machine from Sephora ($225, which seems expensive but if you think about how much you can spend on multiple nice brushes from M.A.C. then it's not *too* bad)---right now if you use the promo code "TEMPTU" at checkout you get two free foundation packs for it, which normally cost $55! All of the reviews I've come across for it have been glowing. Once it arrives I'll be sure to post a before and after pic, since all of the demos you see from the company on YouTube are of course done on women that already have nice skin. I don't have much in the way of acne left thanks to spironolactone, but I have quite a few scars so I am curious to see how well this works for covering those up.

Thank You for the code I really really want to get this product. I have try so many foundations and nothing looks good on me. Do you know for how long they are having the "temptu" code promotion? I don't have internet in my house right now (we just moved) and I don't want to order using wifi but that promotion is too good to pass on. thanks

#15 Fiyero

Fiyero

I won the Wicked Lottery - 11/10/07!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (maryland_24 @ Aug 8 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Carbonate @ Aug 6 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank You for the code I really really want to get this product. I have try so many foundations and nothing looks good on me. Do you know for how long they are having the "temptu" code promotion? I don't have internet in my house right now (we just moved) and I don't want to order using wifi but that promotion is too good to pass on. thanks

the email only says that the offer is valid while supplies last

#16 Lillian25

Lillian25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

I haven't tried this system but I bought my airbrush system from o2cosmetics about eight months ago and I cannot BELIEVE I ever used any other makeup now. Mine came with six makeup shades and the bottles it came with are still pretty full because you only need like six drops to cover your whole face. I like a more natural coverage during the day so it doesn't look like I'm really wearing anything and I can spray over the areas I want to hide and leave the rest bare if I want.

#17 luvinmakeup

luvinmakeup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Lillian25 @ Aug 14 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't tried this system but I bought my airbrush system from o2cosmetics about eight months ago and I cannot BELIEVE I ever used any other makeup now. Mine came with six makeup shades and the bottles it came with are still pretty full because you only need like six drops to cover your whole face. I like a more natural coverage during the day so it doesn't look like I'm really wearing anything and I can spray over the areas I want to hide and leave the rest bare if I want.

How much was the o2cosmetics system? I am looking for one around $300 . Also , do you know how much it cost for 1 bottle of there airbrush makeup? I don't want to get a heavy machine or realy big & bulky one. I need simple ,lol. The six makeup bottles you got with the machine, did you get to pick the shades or do they just ship out like a 6 pack of what comes with it? I want to get one soon but looking for the right one . Thanks

#18 Lillian25

Lillian25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (luvinmakeup @ Sep 21 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much was the o2cosmetics system? I am looking for one around $300 . Also , do you know how much it cost for 1 bottle of there airbrush makeup? I don't want to get a heavy machine or realy big & bulky one. I need simple ,lol. The six makeup bottles you got with the machine, did you get to pick the shades or do they just ship out like a 6 pack of what comes with it? I want to get one soon but looking for the right one . Thanks

My system was right around $300 though I'm not positive because I bought it so long ago. You can get bottles of their foundation as you need it....$25 a pop. Really cheap since you only need drops of it to cover your face. Yes, you get to choose the colors you want when you order the machine with the six colors. They don't just assign you their six choices. Honestly, have you SEEN how expensive these machines can be? o2cosmetics' machine is much cheaper and very simple to use. I'm sure you'll be happy with it!! smile.gif

#19 luvinmakeup

luvinmakeup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Lillian25 @ Sep 21 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (luvinmakeup @ Sep 21 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My system was right around $300 though I'm not positive because I bought it so long ago. You can get bottles of their foundation as you need it....$25 a pop. Really cheap since you only need drops of it to cover your face. Yes, you get to choose the colors you want when you order the machine with the six colors. They don't just assign you their six choices. Honestly, have you SEEN how expensive these machines can be? o2cosmetics' machine is much cheaper and very simple to use. I'm sure you'll be happy with it!! smile.gif

THANK you, I am going to order it tonight ! I looked on the site www.o2cosmetics.com myself and seen the systems. I am going with the system that is small with 3 colors. Looks easy. I will post when I get it on my results! You are right about price. Very nice, Thanks again

#20 Guest_Rocky666_*

Guest_Rocky666_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

I don't care what anyone says, no amount of make-up is going to help you hide your acne, it just isnt going to work. Work on clearing your skin first.