Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest grace028

best non-comedogenic sunscreen for acne prone skin??

10 posts in this topic

I am going away soon to somewhere hot and i really want to be able to wear sunscreen on my face without breaking out!!

Can anyone recommend a good oil-free non-comedogenic sunscreen ( at least spf 15) that will not break-out my acne prone sensitive skin!?

Thanks!

For me personally my mineral makeup is my sunscreen. It gives great sun protection, you dont need much, it looks natural, gives some coverage and it not too expensive.

As for body sunscreen - id go for a light milk, with the least amount of perfumes etc as possible. Ella Bache here in Australia do a great face sunscreen but they are not so cheap.

I enjoy the moisturizer in my signature (the one I wear during the day). It has SPF 15, is very gentle, a little goes a long way, and hasn't broken me out. It's a little pricey, but worth it, IMHO.

My Regimen:

Started Accutane 1/12/10! Done as of 7/10/10!

Cleanser: Neutrogena Foaming Facial Cleanser (AM&PM)

Moisturizer: Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 (AM)

Topicals: Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel (PM)

Other Pills: Velivet, Zinc, Vitamin E, Biotin, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, B Complex vitamins and Iron

Makeup: Lately, none, but when I do:

Meow Cosmetics Frisky Ocicat foundation

and whatever blush, eyeshadows, I deem necessary to wear.

Also, L'Oreal black eyeliner always.

Current Status: Face looking pretty darn good.

For me personally my mineral makeup is my sunscreen. It gives great sun protection, you dont need much, it looks natural, gives some coverage and it not too expensive.

As for body sunscreen - id go for a light milk, with the least amount of perfumes etc as possible. Ella Bache here in Australia do a great face sunscreen but they are not so cheap.

what mineral makeup do you use that contains sunscreen?

thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will check them out!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock is my favorite. It has a fragrance, but it has a matte finish and has never broken me out (more than usual, anyway)

what mineral makeup do you use that contains sunscreen?

thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will check them out!

The loreal bare minerals is SPF 15 i think, and if you are in Australia - I use Purecover and this has sunscreen as well. I think bare escentuals is also SPF 15. Most mineral makeups are - its the minerals themselves that protect from the sun!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock is my favorite. It has a fragrance, but it has a matte finish and has never broken me out (more than usual, anyway)

I wanted to try that but isn't it just oxybenzone etc. that has been proven to be way less effective than a typic zinc based one?

Try Olay Complete Defense moisturizer spf 30 for sensitive skin then I use Physicians Formula talc-free mineral face powder with spf 16,I love the results.It really works on my skin.