Photo

What has water done for you?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 fut

fut

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:03 PM

What is everyones results with adding consistent amounts of water to your diet? Has your skin looked any healthier or better in anyway? Thanks.

#2 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:38 PM

I think drinking more water has helped my skin look fresher. I'm doing lots of other things to it as well.....but I can certainly tell when I'm drinking too much Diet Coke and not enough water.

#3 ANGEL76

ANGEL76

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

i need to drink more water!!!!!hey tracy

#4 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:08 AM

I don't know if it's helped my sking per say but it's done wonders for the rest of my body. I have more energy asfter weight lifting or sprints, I digest food better and my sleep is better regulated.

#5 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:44 PM

Water should definitely be #1 on your list of must-do's every day Fut. Tie a string on your finger so you won't forget. [-(

#6 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:46 PM

i need to drink more water!!!!!hey tracy

Hey you!! How are you, angel girl?

#7 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:49 PM

Apparently...she dyed her hair pink. user posted image

#8 CBurns

CBurns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:20 PM

Nothing, apart from increasing my amount of trips to the bathroom.

#9 Veritable

Veritable

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:55 AM

Makes me piss more.

#10 leonidas

leonidas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:30 AM

Yep, that it does. I hate it when Im trying to sleep but then I gotta get up and piss.

#11 Autom8ed

Autom8ed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:16 AM

Personally, I think drinking more water every day will do more for your skin and general health than all the silly topicals and organ flushes will ever do.

Sometimes when I read this board I think to myself that people are just trying to do too much when a simple return to basics would do so much more for them.

Well balanced diet
- If you feel you are lacking in a particular food group such as vegetables for me, or eating too much of another (for me again is red meat) then you should look to balance it out more. I find that drastic attempts to change often don't last very long.. its the smaller incremental changes you make that you can live with over time will make the biggest difference.

Exercise
- Just as bad as the modern fast food diet is to your body, so too is todays couch potato lifestyle. People who have desk jobs especially should go out and run a mile every other day. If you can't run, walk. Pick up a sport that fits your lifestyle. Something that is readily available whenever you need to exercise and stick to the plan.

Sleep
- Between 7 to 8 hours would be ideal. If that is not possible, try and cut something out of your daily life to get at least 7 hours sleep. You can't make up for lost sleep during the week by sleeping 12 hours on the weekend. If you're getting less than 6 hours a day nothing you do at night (ie peels, topicals) can be more productive than just using that time to get more sleep. I had a terrible sleep cycle so I bought some Melatonin to help me sleep. It has done wonders.

Water
- It is my strong opinion that all of these exotic cleanses and flushes will not do anything that simply drinking more water on a daily basis won't do. Drinking more water will flush more toxins out of your body and this is something all doctors and alternative medicine gurus out there can agree on. No need to over do it. Just think about drinking an extra cup or two every day.

I strongly believe once you have these basics in your life covered first - to the point that it is habitual and you don't have to focus any thought or energy into maintaining it, then you should think about all the other things that might further help you in your quest for healthy skin and peace of mind. Whether its a liver flush, or meditation or Yoga or certain hygiene programs, having these basics down will maximize the benefits all these other things are intended to bring.

#12 TriN

TriN

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:08 PM

Makes me piss more.

lol, thats the only thing ive noticed too