Photo

The All Natural Regimen

red mark make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
159 replies to this topic

#141 carmarthenshire

carmarthenshire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

No I wouldnt introduce water at all for adleast 28days, leave your face be, dont scrap anything off or dont use your knuckle, you want the oil production to go to its natural self, so if you introduce water its just going to slow down the process, and when I did it even within 2 weeks it just pushed me back and I had outbreaks

No my dry skin mask is not oily at all, if yours is you have a long way to go, as the oil is not absorbing through ur face at all. Lots of people reported being oily at the beginning, its a good thing when you stop seeing oil but you still have a long way to go

Hope this helps, its from my experience

Cheers

Mat

#142 pink_polka234

pink_polka234

Almost clear!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

Dude, I didn't do anything to my face BEFORE and it looked like crap. I don't want to look like shredded meat again! No way am I going to let my face get worse, then I'd spend months getting it back to the way it is now.

#143 carmarthenshire

carmarthenshire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

jwebb426 I have been doing the Caveman regimen for nearly 4 months and I have been through loadsa different stages with small breakouts, but I can say its actualy brilliant at the moment. Getting clearer every day. Hardly any new breakout (90% less than before). I believe my skin is still in its repairing mode so I do not get annoyed if I see a new spot every 7-10days.

Youve done a huge mistake going back on topicals, why damage your skin even more, your acne is never going to stop, as with topicals your skin is always going to be damaged, and say the topical does work your always going to look red (I have used loads of different topicals and I looked like a beetroot!) and I tell you know your life is going to always involve your skin, as you will be putting that topical on every day and concentrate on your skin all the time. With topicals its a lifetime commitment as you will not grow out of your acne.

I have had 11 years experience of acne and its all the same with topicals, vitamins, supplements(b5) etc you always get acne, and need to repair your skin naturally the caveman way, and no vitamins or anything (I found vitamins and minerals gives you worse breakouts after drinking etc as it pulls the bad more intensely therefore through the skin)

Ive read some of your posts and it says your a cook and you get steam/grease on your face through work, I wouldnt worry at all Id say it would help the face heal, especialy oil just leave the grease,sweat oil or whatever dry on your face. Im a builder and work in very dusty conditions, like cement dust, grinder dust, I just ignore it all and leave it on my skin. The more I worry about whats on my skin, the more I can feel my skin, less I worry I feel fresher.

I hope you wont take any offence in this post, just seen the light and wana help others and got to say if you do go back to this caveman regimen dont expect huge changes quickly, go for adleast 35 days with no washing at all. To shave use an electric shaver and use the side bearn trimmer, it wouldnt be harsh at all for your skin. I actualy did 35 days in a row without doing anything at all even shaving(thats how I realy want good skin) and its worked, going to leave it for another 14 days now before water again to make sure. Before the 35 days the most days I made without water was 18 days and it wasnt half enough (I had a break out afterwards) Might have been as I was using bottled water , Ive changed to filtered water now, for drinking and washing face. MIght sound silly but I havent washed my hair since January 10th, its looking brilliant and healthy and much thicker (Lol) Best way to avoid water guys is to have a bath and use a mirror as you wash just under neck (I dodged my kneck aswel you see)

Cheers

#144 jl1992

jl1992

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

having read similar posts to this- i have to say it all really makes sense.

Think about all of your friends with clear skin-
i know for a fact none of mine do anything other than, at the most a shower a day.
My problem is that going from a harsh cleanser straight to this would not work- it's simply to quick a change-

I started a few days ago to wash only once a day, and my skin tone is already improving. after a week or so i will cut this to every 2 days etc.

My only addition would be that it is probably better to wash off sweat after a rigourous workout or similar. I always breakout badly if i don't wash after sweating.

At the end of the day- if you are still actively reading a thread like this, your acne probably hasn't been cured using all the products you are using at the moment- so why not give this a try- it takes a lot of courage- but it will only take a few weeks to see if it will work- not months or years.

#145 *rainbow*bright*

*rainbow*bright*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 44
About Me

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (ligyron @ Jan 10 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Terrible advice. Not washing your face regularity is the worst thing you can do. Even if someone without acne stopped washing their face for a couple weeks, their pores would become clogged and they would experience breakouts

Acne is mainly caused by underlying issues with the body, not by the medications applied to the face. Not washing your face will only aggravate the issue

All my friends who have great skin, never wash their faces.... I definitely think it's good for some people, and I think others need to wash their faces - need to feel like they're taking control over making their skin better... but I definitely think that diet affects acne even if only a little bit, and drinking water definitely cleans your whole system out. So I'd have to say I agree that this can work, but for some people with really deep, cystic acne... it's pretty difficult to get rid of & that's where the beauty of Accutane comes in.

#146 arturX

arturX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:15 AM

I support this method wholeheartedly. As I like to say, treat your body with respect and you will be well.

About the dead skin that's often mentioned here...
You should regularly remove it from your face/body. (Don't confuse this with exfoliation!)
Unless it's a scab from a wound, it serves no purpose. On the contrary, dead skin is a necrotic tissue that feeds the bacteria and God knows what else.
I see some of you have also problems with redness and flaky skin. This sounds like seborrheic dermatitis, so I suggest you to look into it.

Good luck with water only! Grandma knew what was right, didn't she wink.gif

#147 kk95

kk95

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

I only read the first few posts, but i sort of disagree. Yes, i did get acne when i hit puberty..and i have had it for years. I never really did much, and when i did, that didnt last long. It got to a point where i was breaking out in these incredibly stubborn pimples (huge) right near my nostril. I would constantly have my head down. Since i started to treat my face, i have made much progress, and currently i am on dan's regimen. I plan to be on it until i am completely clear, and past that. Than, i am hoping to stop the regimen, maybe go on birth control. If i left my face alone, i would have been in a totally different situation. by the way i am 14, had acne since about 10.

#148 Cubed

Cubed

Fantastic Bore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

oh honey. you are 14. your body is going through changes.
that is why you're getting acne.

we are mostly adults. our acne is supposed to subside but it hadnt due to irritating our skin so much.

acne at your age is to be expected.

just don't overstrip your face or you will continue to have acne into your adulthood.

God bless your journey <3

#149 Pottergeek22

Pottergeek22

If you aren't in Gryffindor, we'll disinherit you.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

I really don't like this thread. I don't know what it is, but there's something about it that makes me upset.
Probably the fact that I've had acne for about a year now (not very long, considering, but since I'm only 13...) and when I first started getting acne, I used absolutely nothing on my skin. Nootthiingg. Soon, however, I got tired of all the zits dotting my face. I had moderate-ish acne, and I was through with it. So I started using products. Cleanser, spot treatment. It helped me out. My skin is better now that I'm using the right products on it, instead of just letting it sit there on my skin. My skin feels smoother and healthier. I have mild-ish acne now, granted it's still acne, but it's better than the moderate when I just slacked off and didn't do anything.
Of course, the OP is probably going to get all fired up because of this post in which I disagree with her.... But oh well. I just wanted to put my own personal experience out there.

#150 Giantsbran1227

Giantsbran1227

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

Guys....... Do this regimen. It has been a miracle. We need to spread the word!

#151 jan carlo

jan carlo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

GUYS! THIS IS JAN CARLO FROM "A NEW LIGHT FROM ALL OF US"

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN DERIVED FROM MY THEORY.

CHECK OUT MY LINK FOR *FULL* EXPERIENCES FROM MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

OVER 1000 REPLIES AND 140,000 VIEWS.

if you want an "ACNE CURE" then go to my link

http://www.acne.org/...-us-t40303.html

read the latest posts for some great testimonials from most recent people

#152 GemmaSolace

GemmaSolace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

While I haven't started this regimen yet, I can say that everything mentioned in it is totally logical and legit. I appear as a "new member" but truthfully I have come to these forums for many years.

Everyone supporting the regimen have already mentioned the reasons it works, that it works for them and people around them.

It also sounds like there are some upset people who have been fighting acne for years, gone through hell and are in disbelief. I think these people owe it to themselves not to damage their skin any further by not using anymore chemicals and treatments and try out this regimen.

- Teen (normal, hormonal) acne leads people to excessively use products and harm the skin
- Due to irritation, acne continues beyond the period of hormonal imbalance
- Reliance on chemicals, routines and topical treatments for temporary fixes

Interestingly enough, I've noticed that whenever I end up staying somewhere I do not have access to my facial treatments sometimes for several days to a week, (I do lots of spur of the moment traveling and partying) my skin is fine! Sometimes I'm unable to shower for a day or two and my face doesn't get irritated and rarely do I get new acne. However, when I get home and wash my face for the first time in a few days i break out and then use the medications to combat the acne.

Honestly, I'm a little reluctant to not use anything on my skin just because I don't want to break out horribly. On the other hand, I've got nothing to lose because of the severity of my recurring acne. I also don't want to damage my skin any further because I can feel and see the trauma chemicals and washing does to it.

A lot of people (my friends with clear faces included) say washing your face is not the way to go, and apparently i've been experiencing the benefits of this unintentionally so I'm gonna roll with it.

I also believe in treating your body right and leading a healthy life, which includes not only the physical aspects of exercise and nutrition, but spiritual and mental health as well. I just realized it all makes sense... when I "stay out" I always eat well, in a positive environment, relaxed and I don't really get a chance to excessively cleanse my skin!!

#153 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

This is a horrible thread. Not due to the OP, but to all the brainwashed people who have been so easily taken in by these skincare companies. I actually facepalm when I read people repeating word-for-word, what cosmetic companies have drilled into your heads over the years. Why are people so ignorant? *sigh* anyway, after 7 years of acne, my skin is normal once again, thanks to the occasional water here and there, nothing more nothing less.

#154 zchmrkenhoff

zchmrkenhoff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

I'm skeptical about this regimen due to the fact that cavemen had access to water and would have likely bathed in it, even their faces, with some regularity. I believe that splashing cold water onto the face, complemented with a well-chosen diet, is what will end non-hormonal acne for most people. The emphasis lies on the diet. Indeed using topicals will exacerbate problems, though I don't believe water avoidance is necessary. There are, in fact, pieces of dead skin on my own face that the splashes of water doesn't remove, and I recognize their importance, vowing to not take action against them, mostly. I suppose I consider this method to be an extreme, not necessarily doubting its effectiveness. I'm sure it is effective, I just think it places too much emphasis on the external factors and doesn't give enough heed to the fact that acne is generates from internal problems mostly.

#155 brenner8000

brenner8000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I just stumbled across this thread in google, and it's amazing. My skin got WRECKED by topicals, and now I'm doing this, and my skin is healing like magic. Forehead and jawline are literally spotless and they're silky smooth without being oily!

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone could still see my post, cause I have a very important question concerning this. Ever since I started this all natural regimen, my cheeks have been building up dead skin like no tomorrow. Just 4 weeks after starting this, my cheeks were already caked in dead skin. The thing is, it's not that white flakey dead skin that a lot of people get, it's very thick, yellow crusty dead skin which sticks to my cheeks and doesn't want to come off.

I do realize this is probably a good thing. My cheeks were the most sensitive and damaged area of my face, so this is likely a healing response. I just wanna know how long it's gonna last! It's kind of absurd to go around looking like this. I've been able to get away with it because I've been busy with work and studying, but the summer is coming up and I certainly can't go around looking like this in the summer. But I'm committed to healing my skin, so I don't want to disrupt the process. 

Anyone have any insight?

And PS: This works! So if anyone with damaged/messed up skin sees this thread, please give it a shot! You'll thank yourself

#156 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

I did the do-nothing regimen for just over a week and didn't break out whatsoever. The minute I let water touch my face, my face got dry and broke out.

I agree with everything OP said in this thread, it's just having the dedication to see it through. It's hard for me when I have to go to college every day. Washing sometimes feels necessary. I did start it again a couple of days ago and haven't washed since, but for me its only a matter of time before I have to. 

If someone can give me an answer as to how I keep my face visibly clean without water, I'll stick it out. When I shave with my electric shaver I often get little hairs stuck to my face...kinda stuck to the oil, I can't keep that there forever. 

I love the idea of letting our skin and hair do its thing. Since our bodies manage to keep us alive, I'm pretty sure they're capable of keeping themselves clean and maintained without the help of products. It's just difficult to reverse the damage...I've really screwed both my skin and hair up.

Edited by LewisS, 10 May 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#157 brenner8000

brenner8000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

I did the do-nothing regimen for just over a week and didn't break out whatsoever. The minute I let water touch my face, my face got dry and broke out.

I agree with everything OP said in this thread, it's just having the dedication to see it through. It's hard for me when I have to go to college every day. Washing sometimes feels necessary. I did start it again a couple of days ago and haven't washed since, but for me its only a matter of time before I have to. 

If someone can give me an answer as to how I keep my face visibly clean without water, I'll stick it out. When I shave with my electric shaver I often get little hairs stuck to my face...kinda stuck to the oil, I can't keep that there forever. 

I love the idea of letting our skin and hair do its thing. Since our bodies manage to keep us alive, I'm pretty sure they're capable of keeping themselves clean and maintained without the help of products. It's just difficult to reverse the damage...I've really screwed both my skin and hair up.

Honestly I don't believe there's any way to successfully do this while keeping the face looking clean. I've tried removing my dead skin multiple times but every time I take it off the skin underneath gets red and then the dead skin always rebuilds right away. Water will disrupt the process, and even if you clean your face without water that will still disrupt the process. I scraped the dead skin off with my fingers a little while ago and the skin underneath got red and irritated when I did that. The redness went away quite quickly but then the dead skin came back right away as well. 

In reality it's not hard at all to reverse the damage. Doing this regimen, while living an incredibly healthy lifestyle (raw diet, daily exercise, minimal stress, good nights sleep) will absolutely heal the skin, always. It's just that you have to commit to it in full. Cleaning the face will only delay the healing

Think about it, when you get a scrape on your arm, you put a bandage over it and let it heal, you don't wash and pick at it everyday. The dead skin that forms during this regimen is exactly that: a bandage.

Edited by brenner8000, 11 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#158 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Honestly I don't believe there's any way to successfully do this while keeping the face looking clean. I've tried removing my dead skin multiple times but every time I take it off the skin underneath gets red and then the dead skin always rebuilds right away. Water will disrupt the process, and even if you clean your face without water that will still disrupt the process. I scraped the dead skin off with my fingers a little while ago and the skin underneath got red and irritated when I did that. The redness went away quite quickly but then the dead skin came back right away as well. 

In reality it's not hard at all to reverse the damage. Doing this regimen, while living an incredibly healthy lifestyle (raw diet, daily exercise, minimal stress, good nights sleep) will absolutely heal the skin, always. It's just that you have to commit to it in full. Cleaning the face will only delay the healing

Think about it, when you get a scrape on your arm, you put a bandage over it and let it heal, you don't wash and pick at it everyday. The dead skin that forms during this regimen is exactly that: a bandage.

I need a little help on this. I've been on this regimen since 24 days now.I had 2 new pimples in 24 days! I was really happy until i got this third pimple which is not going away.Is it because i've been washing my face with water? (occasionally i shampoo my hair and some of that foamy shampoo gets on my face) is it because of this? I want to be completely free of this problem till my college opens in july! Also i have noticed that whenever i sweat it's likely that a new pimple is going to come up,how to address this problem? Please help!

Edited by Perseverance92, 11 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#159 brenner8000

brenner8000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

I need a little help on this. I've been on this regimen since 24 days now.I had 2 new pimples in 24 days! I was really happy until i got this third pimple which is not going away.Is it because i've been washing my face with water? (occasionally i shampoo my hair and some of that foamy shampoo gets on my face) is it because of this? I want to be completely free of this problem till my college opens in july! Also i have noticed that whenever i sweat it's likely that a new pimple is going to come up,how to address this problem? Please help!

I would definitely recommend not using any water for about 30 days. If your skin is really messed up then you should go longer than 30 days, but if your skin problems are mild 30 days could be enough.

Sweat shouldn't cause acne if your skin is in a state of balance. Try not washing and see if things improve

#160 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nobody updated about their results with this regimen recently? So how is everyone doing?