Photo

Benzaclin in the fridge?

3 replies to this topic

#1 hg760

hg760

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:playing drums, skating, chillin.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Has anyone put there benzaclin in the refrigerator? a buddy of mine was telling me to do that, cuz i guess it works better for him? anyone try this before?

reply's would be nice wink.gif

#2 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

Benzaclin has to be kept in the fridge otherwise the clindomycin which is in the Benzaclin mixture will turn into crystals and disapear on you.

If you did an experiment, you baught benzaclin and put it at room temperature for lets say 2-4 months, then one day you go and open it, you will find an evaperated pile of white dust or crystals.

so basically keep it in your fridge to preserve it.

P.S... you may want to try Duac, same as Benzaclin without the nasty round jar to cause contamination from fingers.

#3 rickpaul

rickpaul

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

2) Topical benzoyl peroxide plus erythromycin (Benzamycin® by Dermik)

* A thin layer should be applied to the affected areas 1 to 2 times/day after the skin has been thoroughly washed, rinsed and patted dry. This product must be refrigerated and may bleach clothing.

3) Topical benzoyl peroxide plus clindamycin (Clindoxyl® by Stiefel in Canada, Benzaclin® by Dermik)

* It should be applied to skin that has been washed, rinsed and patted dry. This product does not need to be refrigerated.

#4 LillyMay77

LillyMay77

LillyMay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (rickpaul @ Jan 20 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2) Topical benzoyl peroxide plus erythromycin (Benzamycin® by Dermik)

* A thin layer should be applied to the affected areas 1 to 2 times/day after the skin has been thoroughly washed, rinsed and patted dry. This product must be refrigerated and may bleach clothing.

3) Topical benzoyl peroxide plus clindamycin (Clindoxyl® by Stiefel in Canada, Benzaclin® by Dermik)

* It should be applied to skin that has been washed, rinsed and patted dry. This product does not need to be refrigerated.

The OP was asking about ethrotrycin benzoil, and yes it needs to be refrigerated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users