Photo

SMT D002 Drug - Clinical Trial

drug summit clinical

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 gardeness

gardeness

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

eusa_dance.gif sorry I posted a stupid question and found the answer when I went back a re-read, but now I can't delete it, so...

#22 ShirleyB

ShirleyB

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

I just learnt about this drug and thought this is worth noting..

I'm a bit disappointed that they are not releasing the pill form but a topical, but then this is an existing drug being used for some other purposes so I thought they must have trouble with the patent since some other company must have already owned it...

Now if only we can find out which drug we're talking about....

#23 ruffo777

ruffo777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

True, there wont be much money if acne is cured...

Unfortunately I doubt the pharma industry will find a cure for such a common condition that gives them a bunch of money....

probably the topical will be just weak for helping people with mild cases...

just like the other new drugs on the market...

solodyn
doryx
oracea...

all have a common antibiotic but they sell them as if they were discoveries just because of their extended release....

sad.gif

#24 mfit

mfit

gettinbig

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

i cant believe it takes so long...i want results or the name of the drug! ^^

#25 mandel

mandel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

why dont they come out with the name of the pill? and see if the people get results instead of making people wait 4 or 5 years for the cream.

#26 mbbento

mbbento

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:49 PM

I would also like to know what it is, since they have stated it's already in use to treat other conditions.

#27 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:44 AM

I think people have figured out what it is, haven't they? I'm pretty sure that someone on this forum even got hold of it and tried it, but not with great success.

#28 mbbento

mbbento

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

Wow, I hope not? I have been let down before, but this is one drug I'm depending on. Have a link to that thread?

#29 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

I can't remember where it is. I may well be wrong!

There's an interesting wiki page about the product here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMT_D002

Still looks like a couple of years wait until we can get out hands on it though.

#30 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

They want to release it as a topical instead of a pill. Why? First they get all the press to claim that it is an acne cure, they get the scientific documentation to prove it after various trials, and they enjoy all the hype for what their product is MADE OF.

But they release it as a placebo; as a topical, completely inefficient or much less so than in pill form. People will buy it, use it for months, give up on it, some will say it worked, others not, and it will continue to enjoy its reputation of being an acne cure anyway and the company will make a lot of cash, like so many other products out there that don't work.

Edited by Chocobot, 06 March 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#31 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Chocobot @ Mar 6 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they release it as a placebo; as a topical, completely inefficient or much less so than in pill form. People will buy it, use it for months, give up on it, some will say it worked, others not, and it will continue to enjoy its reputation of being an acne cure anyway and the company will make a lot of cash, like so many other products out there that don't work.

They won't be releasing a placebo.

Maybe, in pill form, there are a number of side effects. In topical form, perhaps they won't be as severe.

#32 Chocobot

Chocobot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (ben100604 @ Mar 7 2010, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Chocobot @ Mar 6 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They won't be releasing a placebo.

Maybe, in pill form, there are a number of side effects. In topical form, perhaps they won't be as severe.

Wrong, it was said that the side effects were very minimal, especially compared to other solutions like Accutane. A topical can never be a solution to prevent or treat acne seriously, never has been. You must lower sebum production and that is not going to happen with a product that you put on the skin. On top of that, their tests were made with a pill, not a topical solution.

#33 Down4Watever

Down4Watever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

I remember people were talking about this new acne treatment called SMT D002 that was similar to accutane but safer...i think someone said it was discontinued but im unsure...does anyone know?

#34 smik

smik

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

I can't make complete heads or tails of the company's (SUMMIT PLC) website graph, but it looks like the drug development is A: dead B: put on hold for a possibly indefinite

Edited by smik, 17 April 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#35 evaninTO

evaninTO

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

UK based Summit Corporation has developed a drug that apparently reduces sebum production by 90% in clinical trials. And if that doesn't sound promising enough it also claims to have minimal side effects.

Does anyone know when SMT D002 will be available in Canada if it hasn't already hit the market?

As of June 2010 it was reported that they decided to stop investing in developing a topical version of the drug

This sounds fishy considering that it would be a huge hit among those struggling with acne and undoubtedly a profitable venture.

What's the status on SMT D002. Can I volunteer to be a "guinea pig" ?

I'll gladly trade the flushing and sun sensitivity of Minocycline and try SMT D002 :D

#36 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Topics merged.

#37 cervantes86

cervantes86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

so basically......they gave up on this...why???!!!

#38 softly_softly

softly_softly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

so basically......they gave up on this...why???!!!

Why do you think? Given that a safe, effective treatment would be worth hundreds of millions to a business I'll leave you to put two and two together...

#39 VanceAstro

VanceAstro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Indeed. They already have drugs that could get rid of acne in most people [be it cathelicidin bf, sanofi vaccine, or countless very potent topicals]. They also can explain acne on the genomic level.

But no acne means no money from OTC products.

#40 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Indeed. They already have drugs that could get rid of acne in most people [be it cathelicidin bf, sanofi vaccine, or countless very potent topicals]. They also can explain acne on the genomic level.

But no acne means no money from OTC products.

thats so frustrating. it sucks how the world is run like that. its really cruel.
i mean personally i would pay a few thousand, 1-20k not even kidding if it meant no acne for the rest of my life. I dont even have that kind of money but i'd rather be in debt or stuck paying it off. some people get plastic surgery for that cost. im sure millions of people would pay up to at least 1-2k considering how much we all constantly pay for products, it all adds up to a few thousand over the years anyway. its so unfair.

they say acne vaccines are being worked on, but does anyone really think thats true?