Why do pimples form during the night?

7 posts in this topic

I always wondered why pimples form more during the night than during the day....anyone know why this is? :-k

I think it's because your immune system is working in "overtime" while you sleep. This causes pimples to "grow" with pus...

[sig-img:479]

because ur sleep and oil dirt and dust builds up

[removed by sigbot--dimensions break rules]

I think it's because your immune system is working in "overtime" while you sleep. This causes pimples to "grow" with pus...

Thats probably the right answer. A lot of things happen in the body when you sleep and people often recommend plenty of sleep to help keep skin clear. I guess when you already have a pimple though, sleep speeds up the healing process and a part of that healing process is sometimes, the formation of a whitehead.

yea i think its just that your immune system is working overtime....plus i try to change my pillow case every 2-3 days just to make sure

Dirt on yer pillow case wouldn't cause a new pimple to form overnight. (They usually take a lil longer than several hours) Well, i guess if you have dirty pillow cases, it can contribute to it down the road... but a pimple doesnt form and appear the next morning from one night.