Photo

low estrogen cystic acne treatment!

calcium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 esthergreenwood

esthergreenwood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

HI! I am 34, have cystic acne localized on my chin/jawline. I've had the same spot for over two years. I developed it in the latter stages of my last pregnancy (twins), and haven't seen an improvement despite doc prescribed oral and topical antibiotics and retin-A. So, the other day I just decided to take matters into my own hands!

I did the research and it I have just about every symptom associated with low estrogen levels. I'm not suprised, this last pregnancy just about ruined me, physically and mentally. I am half the woman I used to be. I lost a lot of weight (good) and lost my mind in the process (bad).

So, my kids get a lot of staph and yeast infections and I have topical anti-fungal creams and anti-biotic creams. 4 days ago I stopped the doc's stuff and started applying the anti-fungal 2X daily. I also started exercising (real exercise, not just chasing 5 kids at the park), forcing myself to drink water and take vitamins and supplements...B, C, evening primrose oil, wild yam root, multis and calcium. I have seen a nice improvement already! the cysts have shrunk some and the redness is all but gone, itching gone!! I have just started my cycle, so I'm battling against that, but I really think this could be a good thing.

I'll keep y'all posted on how the new routine works. I am praying it does wonders!!! eusa_dance.gif

#2 esthergreenwood

esthergreenwood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

OK, so if any one is interested...for the past week, I've been:
1. running on the treadmill for 20 minutes at least a day...this may not seem like a big deal to you all, but I never get alone time to exercise with 5 little kids running around. THis is a big accomplishment for me.
2. drinking tons more water
3. taking my vitamins: B, C, multi, evening primrose oil, wild yam root (both of those two for regulating female hormones), flax oil, calcium
4. stopped the topical anti-bios and retin-a
5. used nystatin anti-fungal...

I can't beleive how well it's working. Cysts have shrunk markedly, I mean a real improvement. There are still small marks, but nothing like before. I've never seen such an improvement. So, I"ll keep you all posted...I've been fighting this for over 2 years, the same breakout.

#3 cementface

cementface

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

so it is the vitamins:
evening primrose oil (is this in a capsule form? powder form?)
wild yam root

that regulate your hormones?

how'd you find that out, purely just research?

hmm...this is very interesting.

#4 esthergreenwood

esthergreenwood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (cementface @ Jan 5 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so it is the vitamins:
evening primrose oil (is this in a capsule form? powder form?)
wild yam root

that regulate your hormones?

how'd you find that out, purely just research?

hmm...this is very interesting.

HI! I used to be a doula and studied midwifery for a few years. During most of my pregnancies I had bleeding problems, so I turned to supplements. I take low doses. Basically these supplements give the body what it needs to make the hormones it needs. They don't force the hormones to be made, if that makes sense.

The Wild Yam Root is a powder in a 400 mg capsule form and the evening primrose is an oil in a 500 mg capsule. Really, I just had these left over in my cabinet and thought I'd give it a try.

I don't know exactly what is wrong hormonally, but I have like 95% of the symptoms for menopause (I'm 34). irritability, thin skin, sexual issues, acne, etc. And most of these symptoms are new, like within the last couple of years and they've been intensifying to crazy levels.

The above regimen has helped a ton!

Thanks for the question!

#5 diatheke

diatheke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

I was wondering how your treatment has been coming along. I found this site while doing my own research on acne. I am 43 and I have been breaking out since I turned 40 I know that it is hormonal. I have been to the doctors and tried everything under the sun and nothing works. My family doctor has suggested estrogen creams to use on my face, but my gyn would have to perscribe it. I am hesitant to start that before I try something else. You are the first person that seems to be on the same track as I am. I have read about the wild yam root, and primrose oil, but also black cohosh, have you found anything in your research about the black cohosh? I am now curious as to how it is all coming along for you, are you still see results? Thanks for your time!

#6 1mischievousmama

1mischievousmama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

I am a 33 year old mother of 4, and am POSITIVE that my acne is caused from hormones, stress and diet issues. I didn't develop acne until right around the arrival of my last daughter at the age of 27. My story is VERY similar to yours, my hormones where out of control through all of my pregnancies and I had to be on hormone therapy during all of them. I as well would love an update as to how your regimen is going????

#7 Sunnygirl

Sunnygirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

I just received my test results from my gyno today, and it's official, I have low estrogen levels as well. All my other hormonal levels were normal, although she forgot to include testosterone, so I have to get that done in two weeks on the third day of my cycle.

I am also 33, but have no children (actually my gyno suggested trying to conceive now since low estrogen may be a problem for me to get pregnant). I also have the exact same symptoms that you have: irritability, acne, sexual issues and also night sweats. My gyno has assured me that I AM NOT PERIMENOPAUSAL since my other hormone levels are normal. That leaves me wondering what to do next. I'm interested in lifestyle changes, exercise and nutrition to help raise my estrogen levels naturally. My job is horribly demanding and stressful and leaves me no time to exercise. I'll start trying some of the supplements you suggested.

#8 nightingales758

nightingales758

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (esthergreenwood @ Jan 3 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI! I am 34, have cystic acne localized on my chin/jawline. I've had the same spot for over two years. I developed it in the latter stages of my last pregnancy (twins), and haven't seen an improvement despite doc prescribed oral and topical antibiotics and retin-A. So, the other day I just decided to take matters into my own hands!

I did the research and it I have just about every symptom associated with low estrogen levels. I'm not suprised, this last pregnancy just about ruined me, physically and mentally. I am half the woman I used to be. I lost a lot of weight (good) and lost my mind in the process (bad).

So, my kids get a lot of staph and yeast infections and I have topical anti-fungal creams and anti-biotic creams. 4 days ago I stopped the doc's stuff and started applying the anti-fungal 2X daily. I also started exercising (real exercise, not just chasing 5 kids at the park), forcing myself to drink water and take vitamins and supplements...B, C, evening primrose oil, wild yam root, multis and calcium. I have seen a nice improvement already! the cysts have shrunk some and the redness is all but gone, itching gone!! I have just started my cycle, so I'm battling against that, but I really think this could be a good thing.

I'll keep y'all posted on how the new routine works. I am praying it does wonders!!! eusa_dance.gif

#9 nightingales758

nightingales758

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Regarding chin acne. My niece got rid of hers when she finally realized that whitening toothpaste was the culprit - even when she carefully used a rinsing cup etc. It took about a year to figure this out. now she uses Toms of Maine (there are probably other non whitening toothpastes in health food stores) , non whitening and hasnt had a problem since.

#10 ngales758

ngales758

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Something in whitening toothpaste can definitely cause breakouts on the chin area - is it possibly sodium lauryl sulfate? dont know what it is exactly - might be better to try a non whitening health food store toothpaste. Also, has anyone with low estrogen tried eating sesame seeds - they are considered quite high in phtoestrols.

#11 tracyr0012

tracyr0012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

i have suffered this same problem for a few years now. have no idea of what is causing it. i can tell when i'm about to get a cyst, and usually treat it with tea tree oil...which works on the new ones and prevents them from getting bad. however, i think i may have a reaction to it. lots of itching/burning and whatnot. i've used tea tree on other areas with no problem....so i think it's just that my face doesn't like it.

i've had this same cyst on my jawline for about 8 months now. seriously. this thing is huge and seems to be spreading. i now have a horrible scar where it started. i'm getting married in july 2011 and would really like this thing to be gone. i have tried tea tree oil, topical over the counter acne serums...etc. i've even tried some prescribed meds (topical)...nothing works.

i will try switching tooth pastes and doing some research on low estrogen....but any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated. i can't stand it anymore.

#12 on_a_mission

on_a_mission

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:52 AM

Hi I'm 27 yrs old and have had acne for about 14 years now. I've been on so many prescriptions, including accutain! I've also tryed tons of over the counter products and even tea three oil but nothings working. It was better after I took accutain but about a year after if came back just as bad. I have mild to moderate acneeon my back, chest, neck and face but the worst of it is around my Jawline. it's systic acnee and just won't clear up. I exercise a few times a week, take good care of my skin and drink lots of water but I work overnights and sometimes don't get enough sleep. I think Dairy might also be I don't know for sure and I'm finding it so hard to take away all dairy products. (I now drink soy milk though).

Anyhow, I'm starting to get really worried about the long term effect of all those harsh products and prescriptions and I really want to find a more natural approche. I'm going to see my Dr in 2 weeks and I'll ask to get my hormones tested. Anything else I should get tested for?

I'm also getting married in a little over a year but I'm already thinking and dreading the uncomfortable feeling of having all eyes and cameras on me sad.gif I need to get this cleared up!

I'm also going to try not using whitening toothpasts, and let you all know if it makes a difference for me.

#13 llisa

llisa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (nightingales758 @ Mar 24 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (esthergreenwood @ Jan 3 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#14 Anita1971

Anita1971

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

First sorry about my english is not the Best, but I'm Portuguese and live in Portugal. I'm a Holistic Esthetician because I'm also Naturopathyc Doctor. My pacients I treat the acne with very strattegies. Food Habits : Pork meat is phorbiden, for men and women. Pork meat have one parasite named tchychonmas that causes severe acne. First they make parasite treatment with cloves, absint and wormwood, 21 days. After adopt very health food habbits with a lot of fruit and vegetables water and herbal teas. Exercice is very important. And suplements for women I recomend Maca, yam, and evening primrose oil and Maca. I don't recomend soy products soy products make changes in endocrin system and it is not good changes. I don't recomend dairy products and poducts with gluten.
For men and women I recomend whole leaf Aloé Vera.
For external treatment I recomend clay mix wit grated yam and ginger root for 15 days every day stay 1 hour in the areas afected with acne.
Don't use soap and nothing with detergent, that makes the skin produces more oil. wash only wit water and aply after apple cider, to hydrate the skin use biological coconut oil. Coconut oil is the best is antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial.

I assure that who make all this changes get rid of acne and a lot of other problems. Any questions please email me.

#15 Anita1971

Anita1971

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

"error" - Parasite program - Cloves, Wormwood, black wallnut tincture

#16 cocobean

cocobean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

how do you use the parasite treatment? do you take these in pill form? thank you.