Photo

Cystic Acne Just around the Mouth

cyst oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 chrism22

chrism22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Okay so what i experience i wouldnt say is severe but it is more of the deep pimples which dont always come to a head and are rather painful. I only seem to get them around my mouth. I dont have alot maybe one or two at most at a time, but i feel like after it leaves its just a waiting game for the next one to appear.

I have tried antibiotics in the past which didnt work i had used differin gel for about a year, i used ACV for about 6 months and i have recently used ProActiv for about 6 monthswhich didnt work either, i still got these annoying cyst like pimples. About 3 weeks ago now i decided well nothing seems to be working so i stopped using anything i have just been trying to keep a clean diet and drinking alot of water. And just using a mild cleanser when i wash my face. My face didnt seem to get any worse at all after stopping the proactiv and i was relatively clear until now this morning when i went to wash my face i felt a sensitive area and what do ya know tonight i have a nice red elevated area where i am growing one.

I really dont know what to do i have tried alot of different products and i dont seem to be getting anywhere, Due to the area that i get them only around my mouth could that have anything to do with what is causing it? Oh i am 20 years old and i have been experiencing this since i was about 18 i was hoping at first that this was just going to go away but it hasnt.

I have also been thinking maybe about accutane as something i could try as the products i have used up until now have been products that are killing acne bacteria maybe this isnt my problem and that something like accutane that stops my oil glands from producing oil maybe would help? but i really dont know and my acne is not that severe and i dont suffer really from oily skin as far as i am aware.

The only problem is also when visiting my doctor i feel like he just brushes me off in reguards to really any acne medication especially when i try to raise accutane as an option. The one time i had talked to an alternative doctor as he was out of office she had left a message for him to get in touch with a dermatologist for me but it never happened.

Anything anyone has to say or any advice would be appreciated thanks

#2 esthergreenwood

esthergreenwood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I have a similar problem around my mouth. I am 34, and never had acne as a teenager, so this is new. Um, I have used oral and topical antibiotics and nothing worked, but I read on this board somewhere that anti-fungal cream worked on cysts. So,,,I tried it. I have some of just about everything in my cupboard;) And, It seems to be working a bit so far. I've used it for 4 days and can see the shrinkage of the cysts.

it's worth a try.

And, ditto about the annoying docs. My primary REFUSES to refer me to a derm. uuugghhh

#3 Jep

Jep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (esthergreenwood @ Jan 2 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a similar problem around my mouth. I am 34, and never had acne as a teenager, so this is new. Um, I have used oral and topical antibiotics and nothing worked, but I read on this board somewhere that anti-fungal cream worked on cysts. So,,,I tried it. I have some of just about everything in my cupboard;) And, It seems to be working a bit so far. I've used it for 4 days and can see the shrinkage of the cysts.

it's worth a try.

And, ditto about the annoying docs. My primary REFUSES to refer me to a derm. uuugghhh

Anyone know of the best mask to unclog pores??? Has anyone tried the sulpher masks??
Also, has anyone tried the home laser devices such as the THERMACLEAR? OR TANDA???

#4 chrism22

chrism22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

Aha might have to invest in some anti-fungal cream and try it out

#5 dsrfgsertwe

dsrfgsertwe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

do you guys smoke? because smoking can cause bad acne around the mouth.

#6 chrism22

chrism22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

No i dont smoke, i dont know if this could be anything to do with it but the other day for lunch i ate a baked potato with mayo onion and cheese (alot of dairy) and the next day and the day after that i had noticed quite afew small red pimples appearing, maybe it could have something to do with that. I have been trying to cut out Using dairy for a while now but its really hard as i drink alot of tea (with milk) maybe 8 cups a day but i did cut out the sugar on those. But i never really connected it but now that i think about maybe after having a mammoth bowl of cereal my skin does seem to get worse. is milk and dairy bad? and is there any science to back this up?

#7 zits5036

zits5036

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

guys, i have tried pantothenic acid (b5) and it has made a difference. it takes about 4 weeks at a higher dose, 15 to 20g per day but it works, at least it did for me.

#8 rosina

rosina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

Me too, right now have huge one beside mouth, so disfiguring!!!
I'm turning 38 and have been dealing with this for years, what to do!!!!

#9 rolon2583

rolon2583

RED

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (rosina @ Jan 8 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too, right now have huge one beside mouth, so disfiguring!!!
I'm turning 38 and have been dealing with this for years, what to do!!!!

I Have the same problem as you rosina. i have been getting these cysts recently . i get atleast one or two every other month all around my mouth area. I noticed when i eat cereal , i start getting them(so i think). I will now stop eating dairy. i will see if this is the cause. I hate when i get them near my mouth they are so disfiguring. sometimes i dont even want to go outside. i work a job where i have to interact with the public and its so embarrassing. i am 32 yrs old,, i hope avoiding diary does the trick. i will keep you and everyone else abreast of my situation. try avoiding dairy. My cyst is now going away its still red but its blending into my skin. I am really light skinned. very annoyed.