Teacher power

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Teacher power @ Aug 1 2010, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (hippycat @ Oct 10 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

I'm 24 and have been battling acne sine I was 12/13 years old. I've tried EVERYTHING except accutane (I want to habe babies some day) including antibiotics, proactive, BP, salicylic and glycolic acid toners and gels, sulphur spot treatment, acid peels (which I still like and reccomend), laser peels (which made my acne way worse), microdermabrasion (which I get done every 2-3 weeks with my facials and absolutely love), ETC.

After using all these treatments and still battling acne, I realized that my skin seemed to be aging faster. I was getting wrinkles on my forehead and crow's feet at 23! In addition, my skin was super oily my 2pm, I was getting lots of milia (tiny white bumps from oil being trapped benaeath the skin) and my skin's ph balance was really off- probably as a reaction to all the drying products I was using. So I decided to try something new, as I thought that my acne has probably evolved since I was 13 to adult acne and might respond better to more adult products anyways. I also wanted to halt any wrinkles for the time being (okay...I wouldn't mind if they never progressed...). After reading these posts, I changed up my regimen a few weeks ago to include a gentle cleanser (I use Cetaphil), Bragg's apple cider vinegar as a toner (to balance my skin's ph level), and olay regenerist cream (night recovery cream at night and the regular regenerist day cream for the daytime). I'm also using ROC's new retinol eye cream.

So far, my skin is looking amazing! My skin looks plump and healthy, and my acne has dramatically reduced. I still have a couple pimples, but they are small and not super inflamed and infected. I just added a 2% salicylic acid toner with glycolic acid in it to use at night instead of the apple cider vinegar per my esthetician's request (in order to get all the makeup off and fight the acne a bit more). I'm still using the ACV as my toner in the morning though.

Anyways, I'm super happy with the olay regenerist and would reccomend it to anyone!

What is the name of the 2% salicyclic acid toner with glycolic acid that you are using? Also, what is BP?

#42 Teacher power

Teacher power

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Zhalvajegirl @ Mar 12 2010, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Majovsky @ Feb 8 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zhalvajegirl @ Feb 7 2010, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a looooong time. Sorry for not getting back to you all. Life gets in the way every now and then. Anywho, just want to update everyone. Yes, I am still using the products I mentioned above. My skin has gotten used to it that the few times that I have fallen off the wagon (entirely not my fault), I started breaking out again. So, I am absolutely convinced that this is the right regimen for me. Nothing touches my face other than Olay products biggrin.gif . I'll post new pix soon!

Do you find the at all that the deep penetrating moisturizer balls up after putting in on the BP? I love the night cream, but the one you use during the day doesn't work well over the BP...and suggestions?

I usually try to let the BP dry first before I put the moisturizer on. It dries pretty quick. I'd say maybe a couple of seconds or so.

What is BP, and where do I find it?

#43 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Sydney Girl @ Jul 25 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok. So here is another update. Was three week yesterday. Pretty happy with the results. Changed around the routin just a little
Morning:Cetaphil cleanser for dry and sensitive skin
Olay complete daily moisurizer with SPF15 for sensitive skin

Night:
Cetaphil cleanser again
BP 2.5%
Olay regenerist night cream

So far, love the results. Found that the Olay regenerist cleanser was really harsh on my skin.. Made it really flaky. I have had on pimple in the last week. It's amazing. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of these pesky acne scars.

Good to hear you finally found your regimen! Keep us posted!

#44 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Teacher power @ Aug 1 2010, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the name of the 2% salicyclic acid toner with glycolic acid that you are using? Also, what is BP?

Benzoyl Peroxide. I get mine from acne.org.

#45 Majovsky

Majovsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Zhalvajegirl @ Mar 12 2010, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still working on the pics. I'm going on vacation soon so I should have a ton when I get back. I hope my post have been useful for some of you. I'm not sure if I mentioned before that, as with any other treatment, this regimen takes a few weeks (maybe even months) before you can see amazing results. Patience is a virtue. My younger brother is enjoying the same results as I did, so I know this thing does work. If some of you tried the regimen way back when I first posted, it would be nice to hear how things worked out for you. If it worked out great, absolutely post away! I'm starting to sound like a regenerist salesgirl. I can't be the only one excited about this thing. LOL!

*******************May 2010 Update**********************

Pic as promised. Still works great!

Wow...you're skin looks great!!!

#46 postfetalphase

postfetalphase

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hey all, I use olay regenerist daily regenerating serum, although not nearly consistently enough. It doesn't break me out, and makes my skin smooth and supple and seems to even out my complexion some after a few days of using it. I think a big part of it is the niacinamide in it, which I think is an advertised key ingredient in all the products in this line. It's at a concentration lower than that which has been used in studies to show its effectiveness, but in my opinion that doesn't mean it's necessarily at too low of a concentration to work, as to my knowledge no studies have been done on the lower concentration that is in the regenerist line, so there is no evidence it DOESN'T work. I've been meaning to use a product higher in niacinamide, I know they're out there. Ironically, it does seem to help with acne inflammation, as well as increasing skin turnover rate I do believe. I think you can actually purchase pure niacinamide and mix it into your own skin care products/oils or something. I was looking into this a while back. Niacinamide seems like an underrated skin miracle, really.

#47 Sydney Girl

Sydney Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hey Zhalvajegirl!! Just wanted to say thank you for bringing these products to my attention. Would never have bought them to help my acne in a million years. I have had one pimple all month and that was during a certain time of the month. Thank you so much. My confidence is up and I'm finally OK with wearing my hair up at work and feeling confident that people aren't stairing at my bad acne. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

#48 mstoriVA

mstoriVA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:42 AM

I recently found this post and wanted to add my story to anyone else who comes across it. I have used many acne products over the years, mostly in my teen years and nothing I've bought at wal-mart or any other local store has ever worked for me. A few years ago I started using Proactiv, which mixed with my birth control was working great for about a year. In the last year it's not been working good at all, I started getting some pretty bad breakouts near that time of the month, which hadn't happened in a very long time. I started trying a few other new products, Clean & Clear's acne kit, Organics line I found at Sally Beauty, and even just plain lemon juice. The lemon juice seemed to be okay for short time use, but not prolonged. I ended up just using proactiv again because I have been unemployed and my mother was sending it to me.

Well this past month, it's been about 6 months since I started using it again, I had a horrible reaction to it. One whole side of my face broke out like the people in the before pictures, the other side was about 1/3 as bad. I was horrified! I immediately started searching for people who had problems with proactiv and found that a lot of people had success with the Clinique acne products. I wasn't sure I wanted to use it because I am tired of putting all the chemicals on my face. The Organics stuff I used felt wonderful, just wasn't helpful when I had hormonal breakouts so I knew I wanted something more natural.

I debated it for a little while and had thought to myself about my old boss who was well in her 50's but everyone thought she was no more than 40. She said her secret was that she used Olay all her life. I thought well I don't know if Olay would have an acne line, but their products are pretty natural and good for your skin let me take a look. After reading everything Zhalvajegirl posted I decided to try her suggestion, thanks to my recent school stipend I was able to spend the extra $50 on the products.

I ended up buying the regenerist foaming cleanser, which doesn't really foam. Because it was .2 oz more for the same price. Yes I know .2oz isn't much, but hey whatever extra is extra to me. I got the deep moisturizer and the night time moisturizer and had a coupon for a free eye roller (saved $18.97!!!) I don't really need it yet, but might as well use it for anti-aging purposes, those years will sneak up on me here soon. I also ended up buying neutrogena's on the spot 2.5% BP treatment and clearasil 10% BP treatment (had coupon for this too). I figured 2.5% is what was recommended and good for existing breakouts, but the 10% would be best for new pimples around that time of the month.

Now today is my 2nd day of use, and I have to tell you my face looks incredible! I am sorry I didn't take a picture yesterday for comparison, I really didn't think it would effect me this quickly. My skin feels so great, very clean and even cool!!! I just can't even believe it. When I looked in the mirror this morning I was shocked! I have never used a product that literally had overnight results, not even those stupid acne treatments they claim work overnight. I am so happy I decided to buy these products. I did however put too much night time moisturizer on by accident and my forehead was very oily this morning so be careful a little does go a very long way.

I plan on coming back in a week or so to let people know how things are turning out. I am just so very pleased this these products, I recommend them to anyone trying to find a solution but I would let them know everyone's skin is different and it may take time, stick to it because these are just such wonderful products and they even smell good!

#49 Kasia90

Kasia90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

Hello, everyone. Absolutely love this combination of OLAY regenerist and Proactiv BP. I swear to you Nothing has ever worked for me. Nothing. For some reason this does. Its been 12 years since Iv been struggling with moderate/ severe Acne. Even dermatologists were concerned about the condition and severety of my acne, they have prescribed me everything. It Takes awhile. but don't pick and be patient!!! took me six months to see anything atall since I'm so impatient. dry.gif

#50 dudesy

dudesy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Remove the acne.<br />Prevent the acne.<br />Remove the scars/marks.<br />Improve the skin complexion.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Zhalvajegirl @ Mar 12 2010, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still working on the pics. I'm going on vacation soon so I should have a ton when I get back. I hope my post have been useful for some of you. I'm not sure if I mentioned before that, as with any other treatment, this regimen takes a few weeks (maybe even months) before you can see amazing results. Patience is a virtue. My younger brother is enjoying the same results as I did, so I know this thing does work. If some of you tried the regimen way back when I first posted, it would be nice to hear how things worked out for you. If it worked out great, absolutely post away! I'm starting to sound like a regenerist salesgirl. I can't be the only one excited about this thing. LOL!

*******************May 2010 Update**********************

Pic as promised. Still works great!

Chocolate hills from Bohol!hahaha are u a filipino?hehehe

#51 dudesy

dudesy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Remove the acne.<br />Prevent the acne.<br />Remove the scars/marks.<br />Improve the skin complexion.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hi everyone..can i use it with aha?and does it help with acne scars and hyperpimentations?thanks...

#52 Boston50

Boston50

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

I found this while I was researching Olay products for my daughter. She tends to be really dry because of the meds she takes. But she has acne. I'm going to buy this for her and encourage her to use this regimen. I'll report back.

#53 dudesy

dudesy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hello everyone,how's the result?i'm still hesitant in buying it cause it's really expensive..do you guys think it's worth it,or should i search for a cheaper product?thanks.

#54 Boston50

Boston50

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Sydney Girl @ Sep 5 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Zhalvajegirl!! Just wanted to say thank you for bringing these products to my attention. Would never have bought them to help my acne in a million years. I have had one pimple all month and that was during a certain time of the month. Thank you so much. My confidence is up and I'm finally OK with wearing my hair up at work and feeling confident that people aren't stairing at my bad acne. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Are you sure you don't work for Olay? Just askin wink.gif

#55 rainlover

rainlover

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

Hi,
I was really eager to try this, so I went out and bought the Olay Regenerist night recovery cream tonight. I must say that it is quite perfumey! I just want to warn people about that in case they have sensitive noses. For me, the fragrance is a bit overpowering, so I don't think I can use this product. However, I already have the fragrance-free Regenerating Serum so I'll try that instead. I noticed that someone on this forum had said that the regenerating serum made them break out so I compared the ingredients of the two products. It turns out that the ingredients are exactly the same except that the night recovery cream has petrolatum, which is the same as petroleum jelly. Petrolatum is not comedegenic but as far as I know it doesn't do anything to help acne either. So the two products should really have the same effectiveness.

Anyway, bottom line, if you don't want something too perfumey, try the regenerating serum instead of the night recovery cream. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll post again and let ya'll know how things go.

#56 REECKA

REECKA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

you've gotten such great results. But i was wondering were you left with shallow scars and what not? and if you did what products did you use to aid to get rid of them

#57 mightbeagiant

mightbeagiant

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Thank you so much for posting about your success using the Oil of Olay Regenerist products!! Your post was "god-send" for me smile.gif I've been alternating between the Regenerist Cream Cleanser and the Regenerist Micro-Purifying Foaming Cleanser (I like this one best...I use it with a gentle scrub brush), and using the Recovery Cream and night and the Deep Hydration Cream during the day for 2 weeks now. I also use Witch Hazel morning and night as astringent and 2.5% BP at night under the Recovery Cream. My results aren't as good as yours were in that time, but it's getting better. I had a really bad initial break-out, but I stuck with it and it's finally starting to clear up. Also, my skin looked really oily and bumpy the first week and a half...I think just because it wasn't used to all the moisture. But it's starting to regulate itself now and seems much happier. I'll post some before and after pictures once it's finally 100% clear.

I'm going to stick with it until the 2 moisturizers are gone, then I'm going to switch to the Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum at night and the Regenerist Reversal Treatment Foam during day, because they're the only regenerist moisturizers that don't have any parabens.

Thanks again for your post!! I hope everyone has as much success with these great products smile.gif

#58 majormiles

majormiles

M-girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

congratulations!
you and your skin are so beautiful!

#59 jj_joy

jj_joy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

Ok, so I'm going to try out your daily routine. I, like many others I see on this thread, am Asian (Filipino) and have skin issues. I'm 37 and had terrible acne through middle and high school with very oily skin. I have tried SOOOO many things I couldn't begin to name them all.

Over the past couple years I've jumped on the Proactive bandwagon and it was working good. I have a few breakouts here and there and the pimple/cyst lasting forever it seemed. Once in a while I could go a couple weeks without having any breakouts but my skin remained oily and never looked fresh and healthy. I have noticed that over the past few months it has gotten worse with more regular breakouts so once again I am on the hunt.

I hear so many good things about Olay products and always wanted to try them but never saw anything in their line targeting acne so I did a search online and found this thread, ran out and bought the products (including purchasing Daniel's BP online so can't wait for that to come, just using one I purchased from the store last night for now) and crossing my fingers.

I used it last night and noticed that my skin was softer, smoother and fresh feeling. This morning I noticed that the pimples that I have are not as red and I actually don't 'feel' them on my face. I realize that there's an adjustment curve to this so I have no issues sticking with it for the full 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to the outcome and hoping this will be my last product switch.

My daughter is 16 and has been cursed with my skin also. As soon as I know she can commit to the daily ritual I'm sure she'll want to use it too but only then will I supply her with the product line lol.

Your skin looks amazing! Hope I'm on my way there too!

Thanks,
JJ

#60 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Sorry I haven't been on here in a loooong time. Thank you to those who have tried my regimen and posted feedbacks. I think its great that I'm not the only one raving about these products. It makes it so much more believable smile.gif...And no, I do not work for oil of olay. But if someone would like to start a petition for me to get paid for getting the word out, please please let me know where to sign up (j/k!).

Yes, I'm still using the products I have listed before. Yes, it's still working for me. I don't believe I'm ever going to stop using them. It took me over 15 years to find the regimen that really worked for me, it just wouldnt make sense for me to stop now. I am sorry to say that some of the acne scars didnt go away like some of you have hoped it would. It's not much of a bother to me at this point really. All I care about is getting rid of the acne. For those that don't have them yet, DO NOT PICK ON YOUR PIMPLES!!!! Leave them alone. That's what causes all the scars. Give your regimen a chance to do all that work for you. Please feel free to post your updates, feedback, opinions and violent reactions (if any) with regards to this regimen. A before and after photo would be great! Help other people out in making an informed decision. I share my experience in the hopes that it will help someone out there with their struggle with acne because I know how frustrating it can get. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users