212 replies to this topic

#21 kat2008

kat2008

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Zhalvajegirl
What made you try these 2 creams from Olay? Did you try others than didn't work?
I bought the Regenerating Serum and the Regenerating Micro Sculpting lotion based on reviews and I swear my face is breaking out in places and all over that it never did before.

The ingredients seem close.....curious if you've tried these or how you decided to buy the creams you did in the Regenerist line???
thanks!

#22 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (kat2008 @ Mar 15 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zhalvajegirl
What made you try these 2 creams from Olay? Did you try others than didn't work?
I bought the Regenerating Serum and the Regenerating Micro Sculpting lotion based on reviews and I swear my face is breaking out in places and all over that it never did before.

The ingredients seem close.....curious if you've tried these or how you decided to buy the creams you did in the Regenerist line???
thanks!

Hi Kat,

I tried anything and everything I could think of for probably a good solid 10 years. Nothing worked. Finally, I decided I've had enough of the harsh chemicals and wanted something really mild. That's when I decided to use olay regenerist. My thinking was that I've put my skin through so much the last ten years, it probably never had a chance to regenerate new cells. I would recommend you include the 2.5% BP in your regimen. I think it helps alot to fight the acne. The oil of olay is more on the replenishing of healthy skin cells. I've been on it for three years now and it still works! Good luck to you smile.gif

Edited by Zhalvajegirl, 22 May 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#23 chriss

chriss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hi there, so you mean to say you still are using those three products? nothing more? I have tried your regimen before but the night cream made me breakout , did it do the same for you? So I tried using only the cleanser and the moisturizer and it was doing great for my skin.... until after 2 months I started breaking out again... Right now I'm only on the 2.5 BP regimen and its been controlling my acne but my face looked better when I was using the oil of olay. Do you think that I can try using oil of alay again together with the 2.5 BP regimen? What do you think? And oh, your skin looks really amazing!

#24 chriss

chriss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

how could I even not read the 2.5 BP on your regimen??? haha I guessI missed reading the BP coz I was concentrating on the oil of olay... well I guess I will start with your regimen again biggrin.gif

#25 kamran

kamran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

whih one do you use? a link would be much helpful im planning on to try this too.
also is it ok to use the regenreist even if ur 19?

#26 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (chriss @ Jun 16 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there, so you mean to say you still are using those three products? nothing more? I have tried your regimen before but the night cream made me breakout , did it do the same for you? So I tried using only the cleanser and the moisturizer and it was doing great for my skin.... until after 2 months I started breaking out again... Right now I'm only on the 2.5 BP regimen and its been controlling my acne but my face looked better when I was using the oil of olay. Do you think that I can try using oil of alay again together with the 2.5 BP regimen? What do you think? And oh, your skin looks really amazing!

Actually, the night cream is what got me started on using regenerist products only. It felt like having a facial every night. There have been a few times that I've skipped using the BP (sometimes i run out or forgot to pack it when I travel), and that's when I'd get minor breakouts. But it taught me a valuable lesson. BP makes a LOT of difference. So, if I were you, I wouldn't skip out on it. Good luck on your next round with regenerist, and thank you for the compliment! smile.gif

#27 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (kamran @ Jun 17 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whih one do you use? a link would be much helpful im planning on to try this too.
also is it ok to use the regenreist even if ur 19?

*****edited 17 July 2010****
***The links I posted before are not working anymore. Sorry.***

These are the products I use. Nothing else. Hope it helps. I cant think of any reason why it would not be okay for you to use regenerist, but that's just my honest opinion. A dermatologist can probably answer that more authoritively. Thanks for visiting and good luck to you.

Edited by Zhalvajegirl, 14 July 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#28 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Oh and P.S. these products seem pricey for the size of the bottle they come in. With the exception of the 2.5% BP, use them sparingly. Applying a thick blob of regenerist to your skin doesn't mean it will work faster. Have a little patience wink.gif

#29 kamran

kamran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

o ok thanks for your help

#30 chriss

chriss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

hi there, so I tried using your regimen again for the second time but now with the 2.5 BP and it's really doing GREAT! It's a good thing I gave it a shot again... It's almost two weeks since I started and I really can't believe this amazing result, can't even imagine what amazing results it will be for the long run........ hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be the "it" regimen that will Continuously manage my skin... Thank you for your regimen! biggrin.gif

#31 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (chriss @ Jun 25 2010, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi there, so I tried using your regimen again for the second time but now with the 2.5 BP and it's really doing GREAT! It's a good thing I gave it a shot again... It's almost two weeks since I started and I really can't believe this amazing result, can't even imagine what amazing results it will be for the long run........ hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be the "it" regimen that will Continuously manage my skin... Thank you for your regimen! biggrin.gif

That's great to hear! I'm glad the regimen is working for you as well. I'm telling you, I'm like a walking ad for these products but I dont care. It works and I'm going to tell anybody who is willing to listen. Pass it forward smile.gif

#32 LolitaKL

LolitaKL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

use the moisturizer before the bp

#33 Sydney Girl

Sydney Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Going to try this for sure. I currently am using a similar regime. I use Cetaphil cleanser, Then 2.5% BP and then Cetaphil moisturizer. So your regimen won't be to hard for me. Just replacing a few products.

#34 Sydney Girl

Sydney Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

I did not find any of those products. So I ended up getting Olay regenerist night intensive revitalizing cream and Olay regenerist revitalizing cream cleanser. I hope they work just as well. They are pretty expensive. So I couldn't buy the day cream just yet.

#35 Morgist

Morgist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

i am currently using epiduo and clindatech, can i still use these products over them?

#36 Sydney Girl

Sydney Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

Just a quick update.. It's been a week and two days. I'm not CRAZY about the results yet but the results I have gotten is enough to continue with this routine. Pimples last one day. Which I love. No massive cysts that take forever to go away. There was actually two days there in the middle of the week where I had no new active pimples. Which is amazing to me considering I had not had that for about three months. I will continue with this and see how I go.. I will update again.

#37 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Sydney Girl @ Jul 13 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick update.. It's been a week and two days. I'm not CRAZY about the results yet but the results I have gotten is enough to continue with this routine. Pimples last one day. Which I love. No massive cysts that take forever to go away. There was actually two days there in the middle of the week where I had no new active pimples. Which is amazing to me considering I had not had that for about three months. I will continue with this and see how I go.. I will update again.

Hang in there! Like I have previously stated, the result isn't instant. Just go on about your daily routine and not fuss too much about it. Also, try not pick on your face too much to "speed the process". It will just irritate your skin. Try taking pictures through out your progress that way you will notice the difference more. I think because you keep checking daily your mind tricks you into thinking it's not working. Good luck! Keep us posted.

#38 Zhalvajegirl

Zhalvajegirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Morgist @ Jul 4 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am currently using epiduo and clindatech, can i still use these products over them?

I'm sorry, I'm really not the right person to answer that. I'm not a dermatologist. Heck, I dont even know what those are biggrin.gif ...I recommend you consult a dermatologist with regards to your question. Good luck!

#39 Sydney Girl

Sydney Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

Ok. So here is another update. Was three week yesterday. Pretty happy with the results. Changed around the routin just a little
Morning:Cetaphil cleanser for dry and sensitive skin
Olay complete daily moisurizer with SPF15 for sensitive skin

Night:
Cetaphil cleanser again
BP 2.5%
Olay regenerist night cream

So far, love the results. Found that the Olay regenerist cleanser was really harsh on my skin.. Made it really flaky. I have had on pimple in the last week. It's amazing. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of these pesky acne scars.

#40 Teacher power

Teacher power

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (hippycat @ Oct 10 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

I'm 24 and have been battling acne sine I was 12/13 years old. I've tried EVERYTHING except accutane (I want to habe babies some day) including antibiotics, proactive, BP, salicylic and glycolic acid toners and gels, sulphur spot treatment, acid peels (which I still like and reccomend), laser peels (which made my acne way worse), microdermabrasion (which I get done every 2-3 weeks with my facials and absolutely love), ETC.

After using all these treatments and still battling acne, I realized that my skin seemed to be aging faster. I was getting wrinkles on my forehead and crow's feet at 23! In addition, my skin was super oily my 2pm, I was getting lots of milia (tiny white bumps from oil being trapped benaeath the skin) and my skin's ph balance was really off- probably as a reaction to all the drying products I was using. So I decided to try something new, as I thought that my acne has probably evolved since I was 13 to adult acne and might respond better to more adult products anyways. I also wanted to halt any wrinkles for the time being (okay...I wouldn't mind if they never progressed...). After reading these posts, I changed up my regimen a few weeks ago to include a gentle cleanser (I use Cetaphil), Bragg's apple cider vinegar as a toner (to balance my skin's ph level), and olay regenerist cream (night recovery cream at night and the regular regenerist day cream for the daytime). I'm also using ROC's new retinol eye cream.

So far, my skin is looking amazing! My skin looks plump and healthy, and my acne has dramatically reduced. I still have a couple pimples, but they are small and not super inflamed and infected. I just added a 2% salicylic acid toner with glycolic acid in it to use at night instead of the apple cider vinegar per my esthetician's request (in order to get all the makeup off and fight the acne a bit more). I'm still using the ACV as my toner in the morning though.

Anyways, I'm super happy with the olay regenerist and would reccomend it to anyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users