benzoyl peroxide fish oil make-up

212 replies to this topic

#201 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have a certificate in plant-based nutrition through eCornell and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. I am very interested in nutrition and am a big believer in a mostly plant-based diet. I look forward to increasing my knowledge further as time goes by! :)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

ct94,

I think the Regenerist Serum might work just as well?  It has the niacinamide as well that many of us think is a big contributing factor in helping.  Check out my basic skin care thread--the link is in my signature.  It gives basic skin care tips gathered up from several different skin care experts--it's inforamation that works.  I would also encourage you to look at your diet.  If that sounds hard, just start with green smoothies, which is an easy thing to do and can have dramatic effects on your skin--there's also a link for that in my signature as well.  Best of luck.  :)

#202 Lord_Ant_Warrior

Lord_Ant_Warrior

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

So what would be the most recommended for red marks in general? I've read good things about all of them in this thread, and I know everybody is different but would like at least a bit of advice here. The night recovery cream sounds great but I'm worried it might be too heavy. I'm leaning more towards the daily regenerating serum, simply because I'm using a serum-moisturiser by neutrogena at the moment and it's helped my breakouts immensely, albeit making slow progress on the marks and scars. I also have worrying fine lines on my forehead- remnants from my retin-A days with barren skin, so I'm ideally looking for one which will help with that too.

Also, if I picked up the serum, would you guys still use regular moisturiser and exfoliate too? I only exfoliate every two days so I guess that would be okay.

Any help welcomed wink.png

Edit: Also, given that Silicones are known for giving protective barriers that lock moisture in, does this mean a regular moisturizer will have a hard time sinking in on top of a regenerist product? It surely works to stop incoming moisture too?

Edited by Lord_Ant_Warrior, 21 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#203 callendula

callendula

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

The cream is heavier and I use that in winter. I find I cannot use it in summer because if I happen to sweat, it will break me out with tiny surface pimples that I have to use BP to get rid of. In summer I use aloe vera gel or  Derma E Vit A gel moisturizer. I don't use it for the Vit A as I don't think it is stable at all. lol But it is one of the only water based oil free moisturizers I have found and it does not break me out and doesn't react to anything else I have ever used it with. Plus I use it to dilute my tea tree oil for spot treatments. It is like aloe vera in that it seems to create a film/barrier on the skin so I use it as a make up base to help keep my foundation from seeping into my pores.

I have not used the serum and not sure how moisturizing it is. For my skin, since it is oily I prob would not add a moisturizer. If you wanted to use a moisturizer, I'd go with a very light, oil free one that sinks in quickly. Put that on first, let it penetrate and then put the serum on top. I'd think the serum should lock in the moisturizer. I don't see why you can't exfoliate as you normally do--if that is not giving you any problems.

There are many other products with niacinimide in them, so you might be able to find a lighter version. I've just started looking into other possible products as I want a light one for summer use. I don't have probs with silicones themselves, but in summer, I need more breathable and lightweight topicals or my skin gets too hot and breaks out.

#204 callendula

callendula

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

I know it's an old thread, but I bought a new jar of the regenerist today only to find that the ingredient list has changed. The front of the package says improved- works faster.

The plus is I don't see parabens listed, but also no more lavender or arnica and all of these are gone: ALANINE, ARGININE, BETAINE, GLYCINE, LYSINE, PROLINE, SERINE, THREONINE, GLUTAMIC ACID

A few things added among them being: Sodium Peg-7 Olive Oil Carboxyate and titanium dioxide

I have not opened it to smell it, but read online it is now an overwhelming scent of the dove deodorant.

Has anyone used this new formula? I'm wondering if I should try it or return it. Maybe try to find the old formula which i had good results with.. hmmmm

#205 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

you know i was wondering if they changed the ingredients because i have been using this stuff for years and this time around i have noticed that the lotion is not hydrating my skin like it used to and that it is balling up which it never used to do that. i could see if i was using other products on my skin but i am not so no reason for it to do that. its odd its like it almost sits on my skin without sinking in and the scent is heavier now too.  i was going to call olay and complain. ugh! why did they have to change up my favorite moisturizer ever? not sure what to do about it now.

now i am wondering if there is another olay product that would work just as well. any ideas? i am sure it will be hard to find the old stuff now. 

Edited by tracy521, 13 March 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#206 callendula

callendula

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

I have the the regnerist serum that is fragrance free. I've been using that the last several months because i started using retinol and was afraid the cream would irritate my skin as it adjusted (because of the color and fragrance). I don't think it works nearly as well as the old formula cream, though. It looks to have pretty much the same ingredients (minus scent or color). I do find that the arginine, alanine and those "ine" item are missing from it. I'm not real sure what they are or do. lol  Overall, I just don't find it as hydrating.

I know how you feel--they had a great thing going. Why nmess with it? So many people here use it and now I don't know if it is as effective or not as the old formula. But, I know I had no problems with the old one. I don't like trying new products because I never know if they will break me out or not. I'm afraid they may have ruined this formula. *sigh* At the moment, for hydration, I am using CSI Super Hyaluronic Cream (you can get it here: http://www.vitacost....sturizing-cream). It doesn't have niacinimide or any of the other great ingredients like the Olay, but it does keep my skin hydrated. It's pricey, but I wait for it to go on sale. lol

Paula's Choice has several mositurizers to choose from as well that have niacinimide, green tea, etc in them. I have sample packets I'm working on. Nothing, so far, that I like as much as the Olay, though. As far as drugstore ones, I have looked through the aisles for hours but there are so many options I just can't seem to choose. I hope others will have some suggestions and chime in to help out in the decision! smile.png

Edited by callendula, 13 March 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#207 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

ooh good to know about the regenerist serum.i was looking into that. i just ordered the olay total effects based on the recommendations i got from the olay site so i will let you know how that works. its supposed to help with the hyper pigmentation and stuff so i figured it should be good but we shall see. i hate trying new stuff too i am so paranoid to tinker with anything in my skincare regimen. thank you also for the info about the other creams too. i will check those out too!

#208 callendula

callendula

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

You are most welcome! I'd love to hear how the one you're going to try works out. Good to have other options just in case. :) I did go to my local grocery store and they had a package of the old formula regnerist so I bought it. I'll return the other to walmart. I looked at some of the others they had, too, because I know eventually I'm going to need a replacement. It's weird, they have more of a selection of the orginal type Olays than my Walmart! Olay has one called active hydtaing facial cream orginal (this was in a pink box) for $7. It is oil free and the ingredients look to be close to the renegernist (no niacinimide, etc but I mean the same ingredients are in the regenerist so I know they shouldn't break out my face lol). Also, they have Night of Olay firming cream and age defying (anti wrinkle) ones have niacinimide. Just have to make sure there is no oil added. I looked at Ponds as someone reccommended that to me but everything I saw had mineral oil in it. I'm just too scared to put that on my face! lol

All of those are a lot less expensive than the regenerist (of course they are lacking some of the great ingredients).  The most expensive I saw was $13.

I've been using aloe vera gel, too, because it's light and aloe is supposed to great for skin. I know it doesn't break me out, so it's safe for me.

#209 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

ok so the total effects cream isok so far but i accidentally bought the one with sunscreen so i use it during the day but i find its too sticky to use at night. i contacted olay about the new regenerist formula and they sent me a voucher for any Olay product up to $19.99 so i went to my local cvs and found the old regenerist cream and bought that. it worked out since it was on sale for $19.99. my skin already looks so much better. there is something about the old cream that hydrates my skin so well and really plumps it up where my indents and red marks dont look nearly as bad. its just so calming and i have no idea what i will do when this bottle runs out. i will be going to every single store around me trying to find it. it would be nice if i could get a case of it and stock up -ha! i havent used the total effects long enough to give a very solid review but i will say it does not hydrate at all like the regenerist cream. 

Edited by tracy521, 24 March 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#210 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

so after using the total effects for a bit i like it a lot more now. its not nearly as hydrating as the regenerist cream but it does its job for the daytime and it makes my skin look more luminious if that makes any sense. its a thicker cream too so it helps my indents look better and my overall skin tone looks more even. i will give it more time to make my final assessment but it has not broken me out at all.

#211 Louise1984

Louise1984

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Has the Total Effects caused any skin issues? Please advise the specific products of the Total Effects line you have been using with success. I came back to this board after purchasing the Olay Regenerist Night Cream and noticing a different smell and noticed I am having a lot more trouble with my skin again. I started using the Regenerist line after finding this site and my results were phenomenal! In fact, it cleared up my adult/hormonal acne in time for my wedding (along with the other tips I found here). 

If anyone has other product suggestions that are similar to the Regenerist line, please advise! I noticed they changed the formula of the Regenerist Serum as well and I am so disappointed. I am 30 yrs old with fine lines and some deeper lines as well so this line was amazing for helping reverse my acne as well as reduce wrinkles/fine lines and hydrate my dry skin. 

#212 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

ok so this is the total effects one i was using and like i said before its not bad but it doesnt hydrate the skin like the regenerist deep hydration cream does but it didnt break me out either. http://www.olay.com/...id=075609002786 - i would advise you to get the one without spf if you are just using it at night its not as sticky. 

lol i went to my local rite aid and found 2 of the older regenerist cream so i bought those right up. something about this cream my skin just loves so much. it hydrates so well and plumps up the skin and just calms down the redness for me. i messaged olay to tell them how they need to change the new formula back to the old stuff because the new stuff is just terrible i hate it so much. anyway i went on ebay and it seems like some of the sellers have the old stuff too for a good price so you can stock up there or go to all your local drug stores and buy as much as you can -ha! 

i never found any other cream i have liked so much in my life. kinerase lotion came in a close 2nd for me but it doesnt take away the redness like the olay does and its so much more expensive unless you can find it on ebay.

Edited by tracy521, 23 April 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#213 Louise1984

Louise1984

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I used this board when I was trying to clear up my skin for my wedding and then came back to it when I suspected my beloved Olay Regenerist Night cream had changed. I should have waited to buy right when I saw the packaging update. Even though I stalked the boards for months a few years ago, this is my first time posting and I am so appreciative for everyone who posts and replies. 

I think I might try the CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM as a less expensive option on my skin. The body moisturizers seem like they might be something to try for my eczema prone family. I am also considering Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer, even though it is quite expensive. It is still a less expensive option than most of the other night creams I have seen with ingredients that will help both acne (hormonal acne/cysts) and aging. I am having a lot of trouble lately with wrinkles and lines quickly becoming deeper. I am naturally very fair, however, grew up in the sun and sunscreen wasn't really emphasized in my chidhood. :( 

I will also give the Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Moisturizer a try and report back. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users