Photo

Turmeric magic fade scar!

ginger chemical peel tca red mark depression suicide hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
170 replies to this topic

#161 bambeano

bambeano

-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

They sell the supplement at Walmart. Be careful when consuming it, it acts a a blood thinner and is a no no to take prior to any surgery like subcision etc.

#162 Mia37

Mia37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

When I was a teen I had mild acne. I would usually just have a few pimples here or there but nothing major. When I turned around twenty three I started getting Cystic acne which left me with a few icepick scars on my cheeks. I went to a derm and got my acne somewhat under control. I had some of the scars cut out but not all of them. My derm put me on Amoxicillan for a few years and I had little problem for years even after I stopped using the antibiotic. However Two years ago I started breaking out with the cystic acne again. I wanted to try something natural on my acne since I heard the long term use of antibotics were not good for your health. I googled and read about using tumeric for acne...one of the biggest mistakes of my life. For a year I drank tumeric in a tea form. I made a paste of water and tumeric and used it as a mask. I now have MANY deep ice pics, box cars, and one huge hypertrophic scar. Tumeric didn't help me at ALL. Since then I've had to have two(this is what i can afford now)huge box cars excised.I had one fraxel treatment,Tried TCA cross and and a few days ago I tried self needling. I eventually went back to my derm and I am back on Amoxicillan. My face is now fairly back to normal minus my severly scared cheeks. Maybe it will work for others but it didn't for me. Also it did not make the pitted scars I initially had go away.

Edited by Mia37, 15 December 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#163 mia1984

mia1984

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

how do I delete my post? ...wrong section

Edited by mia1984, 16 February 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#164 bambeano

bambeano

-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

There was a study done on turmeric accelerating wound healing and it failed to yield results. I had a skin infection and it did nothing for it. Turmeric is just inferior to antibodies and anti-inflammation drug...not to mention it awfully stains the skin.

#165 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

wat about zinc?

#166 Placydica

Placydica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hey,

I've been lurking on this board since January. I accidentally burnt my face with mild acid in January, which developed into a nasty red scar. After reading the advice of this board i decided to do some research - a lot of scientific journal articles implied that Curcumin longa (Turmeric) did indeed make skin heal faster. So i decided to give it a shot (i had nothing to lose, i had a huge scar on my face as it was).
So I mixed Turmeric with honey in a thick paste every night and applied it to the scar tissue, slept with it on and removed it in the morning. Though every now and then i'd add some lemon juice to the mix - which caused the skin to peel off very lightly, removing the top layer. As the lemon was very strong i couldn't add it in everyday - but i think the lemon made the Turmeric more effective by removing the top layer of dead skin .
As well as that i also added a teaspoon of Turmeric in my daily glass of warm milk each day. But afterward i stopped adding it daily and added it in my milk once every two days.

The Turmeric i used was powdered and fairly fresh (a couple of months old). I might add it was home made too.

I actually have before and after pictures for evidence that this stuff works - even though it takes a while (two months exactly)
The first picture was taken on January 30 2011.
January.jpg

The second picture was taken on March 30 2011.
March.jpg

I'll let the photographs speak for themselves. biggrin.gif

Just a Note - My skin type isn't sensitive and isn't prone to acne. I don't know if it will work for you, because everyone's skin is different.

~Placydica

Edited by Placydica, 02 April 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#167 capslocked

capslocked

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Placydica @ Apr 2 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey,

I've been lurking on this board since January. I accidentally burnt my face with mild acid in January, which developed into a nasty red scar. After reading the advice of this board i decided to do some research - a lot of scientific journal articles implied that Curcumin longa (Turmeric) did indeed make skin heal faster. So i decided to give it a shot (i had nothing to lose, i had a huge scar on my face as it was).
So I mixed Turmeric with honey in a thick paste every night and applied it to the scar tissue, slept with it on and removed it in the morning. Though every now and then i'd add some lemon juice to the mix - which caused the skin to peel off very lightly, removing the top layer. As the lemon was very strong i couldn't add it in everyday - but i think the lemon made the Turmeric more effective by removing the top layer of dead skin .
As well as that i also added a teaspoon of Turmeric in my daily glass of warm milk each day. But afterward i stopped adding it daily and added it in my milk once every two days.

The Turmeric i used was powdered and fairly fresh (a couple of months old). I might add it was home made too.

I actually have before and after pictures for evidence that this stuff works - even though it takes a while (two months exactly)
The first picture was taken on January 30 2011.
January.jpg

The second picture was taken on March 30 2011.
March.jpg

I'll let the photographs speak for themselves. biggrin.gif

Just a Note - My skin type isn't sensitive and isn't prone to acne. I don't know if it will work for you, because everyone's skin is different.

~Placydica

Wow!

#168 truonganh

truonganh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (ajin @ Oct 6 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi friends, turmeric powder is really effective on acne and pimples. I never used any cream or lotion for the acne and pimples. It is very simple treatment, just take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and add some water or milk to make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your acne or pimples for only 15 min or more then wash it with warm or cool water, and see the magic after 2-3 days. I always use this treatment when i suffers with pimples. Turmeric powder is also effective on cough, before you are going to sleep just drink half glass of warm milk by adding one or half teaspoon of turmeric power in it.

I total agree with you. I'm Asian. Turmeric is very popular, I grow it in my garden. And it is really effective for acne and pimple. You can apply it into your face or drink it or use it as food spice. It is also really good for your health. Turmeric with honey is a popular method in my country to cure stomach disease and make your skin much more beautiful. You can mix it with white egg, some drop of lemon to mask. It really good to heal acne, make it dryer and smaller, and make the skin smoother.

#169 busyguy

busyguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

Is the tumeric powder the kind sold in spice shop?Or is there the one that specially for skin use?

#170 Hailey_909

Hailey_909

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

Turmeric can help with redness on scars as it lightens skin color. It is also used on fresh wounds sometimes because it is antiseptic.

#171 linali26

linali26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Thank you so much. I will be going to my local health store to buy. I saw on you tube , people mix milk and turmeric powder for mask. I will try this!!!