ginger chemical peel tca red mark depression suicide hyperpigmentation

237 replies to this topic

#41 battwoman04

battwoman04

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

I'm not sure but i think maybe it's best to keep it simple for a week, just try the turmeric paste and see what happens? Then after 1 week you will know if you need the other regime......

I am just using a foaming cleanser in the morning followed by a moisturiser. In the evening i am doing the turmeric mask over night (with the bicarbonate of soda to get the stain off before i use my foaming cleanser). I then splash my face with plenty of running water - the water should be luke warm. I read that hot water is not so good when you have acne.

#42 mlle.nathalie

mlle.nathalie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (battwoman04 @ Jan 2 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure but i think maybe it's best to keep it simple for a week, just try the turmeric paste and see what happens? Then after 1 week you will know if you need the other regime......

I am just using a foaming cleanser in the morning followed by a moisturiser. In the evening i am doing the turmeric mask over night (with the bicarbonate of soda to get the stain off before i use my foaming cleanser). I then splash my face with plenty of running water - the water should be luke warm. I read that hot water is not so good when you have acne.

Your mention of the bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) is the reason why I brought up the other regime, because part of it is to use a baking soda paste as a mild exfoliant. So I figured since the turmeric regime and Delna's regime overlap that I might throw in the apple cider vinegar (ACV) water mixture as well.

But I agree thats its probably best to keep it simple.

#43 Namaste

Namaste

Don't Overlook Simplicity & Patience

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:Salutations! I enjoy art, music, reading, conversating, etc.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (mlle.nathalie @ Jan 2 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (battwoman04 @ Jan 2 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your mention of the bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) is the reason why I brought up the other regime, because part of it is to use a baking soda paste as a mild exfoliant. So I figured since the turmeric regime and Delna's regime overlap that I might throw in the apple cider vinegar (ACV) water mixture as well.

But I agree thats its probably best to keep it simple.

I'm doing Delna's regimen and decided to alter it by adding turmeric to my egg white/lemon mask. I think it should be fine, just adding extra vitamins and such to the mask. I'll post if something changes.

#44 mlle.nathalie

mlle.nathalie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

When you say your adding it to the eggwhite/lemon mask, are you just throwing in the powder to the mixture, or are you doing separatley?

#45 Namaste

Namaste

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (mlle.nathalie @ Jan 2 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you say your adding it to the eggwhite/lemon mask, are you just throwing in the powder to the mixture, or are you doing separatley?

I'm mixing it all together in one mask.

#46 Giselle23

Giselle23

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Thank you for sharing the benefits of tumeric. I bought some today from Target. smile.gif

#47 effu

effu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Giselle23 @ Jan 2 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for sharing the benefits of tumeric. I bought some today from Target. smile.gif

apparently turmeric is really easy to find....i got my tumeric powder in trade fair supermarket....u can get it i think in any food store that carries indian food, or chinese food and most supermarkets do to a certain extent these days.....

this is my first nite trying this, and im sitting here with the stuff on my face....the paste was soo easy, just mix the powder with a little water, and it sticks to the skin really well...

im also taking ALOT of B5 to control breakouts (google it or look it up here its awesome)
and im rubbing monistat anti chafing gel power under my makeup as a primer (it fills in everything, and makes my face smooth under my makeup, and it controls the oiliest skin FOR HOURS....NO SHINE AT ALL)

ill write in a week to tell what happened with leaving turmeric paste (sooner, if its a disaster)

note: ALWAYS try to go for the moisturizers and makeups that are for made for wrinkles...they plump up scars like they do for wrinkles, if the products are oil free, ull be fine always look at the ingredients...if it says mineral oil, ur fucked.....and always look for dimethicone when possible, thats the stuff that plumps up scars temporarily

#48 tth1990

tth1990

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Darn, I guess I should have looked around locally first, I just jumped the gun and bought some on eBay. Oh well, I probably got a better deal anyway. I only paid $8.24 for a whole pound of pure turmeric powder. Might arrive tomorrow according to the USPS tracking #!

#49 Namaste

Namaste

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (effu @ Jan 2 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im rubbing monistat anti chafing gel power under my makeup as a primer (it fills in everything, and makes my face smooth under my makeup, and it controls the oiliest skin FOR HOURS....NO SHINE AT ALL)

i just googled monistat anti chafing gel power and it doesn't specify for face at all. It really fills everything in? What kind of scars do you have? You've just gotten me really excited =)

#50 redmarks911

redmarks911

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

Good mornin' people.. I applied it to my face last night (turmeric and water) and its not that hard to get off.. I used water first to get the turmeric off and then Dans cleanser. I'm still a little yellow but I don't look like a character from the simpsons biggrin.gif

#51 liberalgirl

liberalgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (LPN455 @ Dec 31 2008, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know alot asian here know Turmeric but no one have post here to help.

i'm an asian but i didn't know anything about the healing properties of tumeric...
if tumeric is that good, then ppl who use it would hav acne-less skin and won't even bother to join us in Acne.org....
but anyway, i'm going to buy some tumeric powder!! thanks for posting on tumeric LPN455!!! smile.gif

#52 dostoyevsky

dostoyevsky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:27 AM

I'm going to try this tonight.

So you're meant to make a paste and leave it on your face overnight right? Thing is, I sleep on my side or my front so it will all probably come off onto the towel I put down. Will it still work? I would sleep on my back but I can't.

Also, how much are you meant to take orally? I have empty capsules that I can fill but don't know how much I should use.

Oh and I read that it thins the blood and is good for high blood pressure. Well what if you have low blood pressure already? Could it cause adverse effects?

#53 dostoyevsky

dostoyevsky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

Whoa, I just put this stuff on my face and my hands are stained really yellow. I'm definitley not leaving this on overnight. I just tried srubbing my hands and it wouldn't come off. I'm scared what I'm going to look like when I wash this off in a few hours! I have no bicarb of soda or anything similar to wash with... only salt but that's a bad idea right?

#54 nobody.

nobody.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (dostoyevsky @ Jan 3 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, I just put this stuff on my face and my hands are stained really yellow. I'm definitley not leaving this on overnight. I just tried srubbing my hands and it wouldn't come off. I'm scared what I'm going to look like when I wash this off in a few hours! I have no bicarb of soda or anything similar to wash with... only salt but that's a bad idea right?

lol i had the same problem. It stained my hands bad! but for some reason it came off my face relatively easy. I used a very mild scrub and i evened out the skin tone with some sudocrem lol.

I only used it as a mask once and it was only for 10-20 minutes; ive been taking it internally and its amazing what it is doing. Usually when i wake up in the morning new spots have emerged and others have got larger and some have got smaller etc etc. However by taking it internally new spots havent formed at all over the last 2 days!! Im going to use it as a mask as well tonight to try and speed up the process eusa_dance.gif eusa_angel.gif

#55 LPN455

LPN455

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (liberalgirl @ Jan 3 2009, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (LPN455 @ Dec 31 2008, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know alot asian here know Turmeric but no one have post here to help.

i'm an asian but i didn't know anything about the healing properties of tumeric...
if tumeric is that good, then ppl who use it would hav acne-less skin and won't even bother to join us in Acne.org....
but anyway, i'm going to buy some tumeric powder!! thanks for posting on tumeric LPN455!!! smile.gif

That because tumeric it only natural cheap stuff that can use in asia and it know as healing acne, wound or scar. American use another way to treat it but it not natural without natural even u healing your face a long term won't be good because it chemical.

#56 battwoman04

battwoman04

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hi LPN455,

I have used the mask on two consecutive nights now. The first night i mixed it with a little water and the 2nd night i used some lemon juice. I think i prefered when i just used water. I thought this morning that my skin was more red than when i just used water......

Will it work as well with just water???

Also did you say that it can get a bit worse before it gets better?

#57 dostoyevsky

dostoyevsky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

Warning... if you're doing this for the first time I would not recommend leaving it on the whole night. I left it on for a couple of hours in the evening and even after washing it off, I now look like I have jaundice. It's fine because I'm not going anywhere and I think it will die down before tomorrow but had I used it overnight and only washed it off in the morning then I would have spent the day looking rather yellow eusa_eh.gif

#58 battwoman04

battwoman04

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Ha ha! too late! I already left it on over night! It does come off though - i used bicarbonate of soda and water and then my usual cleanser - i thought there was a very slight yellow tinge still, but when i asked my friend he said i looked fine....I've also read on here that you can use yogurt to get the yellow off and then a cleanser afterwards.....

#59 tth1990

tth1990

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

Mine just came in the mail today. I'm doing a small patch test as I write this. I'm going to leave a dab the size of a quarter on for 20-30 minutes and then see how well it washes off. If it's not bad I will do my entire face.

I just drank a spoonful too...not the best tasting stuff in the world, haha.

#60 battwoman04

battwoman04

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

Oh that's good! So you can get using it now! Don't worry, it does come off the face much easier than it comes off your hands! I haven't tried getting it off with yogurt yet but i have some now so i will try that in the morning. Bicarb of soda does work, but you need to do it a few times and use your cleanser afterwards. Don't worry - it will be ok!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users