ginger chemical peel tca red mark depression suicide hyperpigmentation

239 replies to this topic

#221 Horses1324

Horses1324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

i will try this but do you put it on your whole face or just the scars?

#222 josh2

josh2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

whole face

#223 Manimau

Manimau

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi,
For all those who already know how wonderful turmeric is for skin I have some suggestions to make the process of applying this tedious mask. This has helped so much to calm down my skin. I dont tone or moisturize after this. This does it all. I apply this every morning for 5-10 mins and in the evening I use this as a cleanser to gently scrub face. very gently.
1) Wear some gloves to save your fingers and nails from staining. Its that simple!
2) use a sponge to apply, the kind that you use for foundations.
3) It is always better to have some oil like jojoba, coconut, olive oil as an ingredient in turmeric mask as this helps stain less and when you use a cleanser the stains come out with the oil. Be careful if you have very sensitive skin or are allergic to oils. Trust me when you take off the mask with water just pat dry using a paper tissue. I bet there will be no stains on your face and hands. THIS IS THE BIGGEST TRICK FOR USING A TURMERIC MASK. Do this and tell me how it worked for you guys!
4) I always wash my face in the kitchen sink, as its easy to just spray some bleach on it once in a week.
I hope this will make applying a turmeric mask easy for you.
And trust me it works!!!
My exact recipe: 2 heaped spoons of gram flour, 1 spoon of turmeric, 1 spoon of coconut oil, 1 spoon of jojoba oil, 2 spoons yogurt, 1 spoon fuller's earth, 1-2 drops tea tree oil, 2 spoons rosewater. Mix well and refrigerate for future uses. Its such a simple step no more 3 step systems, no more greasy moisturizers. Man I love this routine.

#224 Sparxy

Sparxy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Just as a follow up to Manimau...she's on the right track!!

I've been currently using turmeric/honey masks for about 3 weeks now (every other night) and my red marks (I have had them for about 2 years now) have halved in colour! (I can tell because I have to use less foundation to cover them up :D). I've suffered from quite severe acne (for the past 10 years) and have quite bad hyperpigmentation because of it. This has been the best thing I've ever used on my face. I'll give you a little insight into my current routine as well. I've stopped using beauty products, a lot of them are way to harsh for your skin. The honey itself is a brilliant moisturiser for your skin, whilst the turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial...so overall an excellent combo!! You shouldn't even need to moisturise after using this mask. Your skin might feel a little tighter but have a good look at it. Only moisturise if you really need to, I've completely cut back on it and my skin is doing a pretty good job of looking after itself now :).

What I've been doing is mixing about 5 tablespoons of honey (anything natural and organic will do the trick) with half a teaspoon of turmeric. Mix it well and apply it to your face (either your whole face or problem areas (up to you really) using an old foundation brush.

Leave the mask on for about 20 minutes or so.

The mask will come off with WARM water, and it shouldn't stain your skin. As a lot of you have been finding....fairer skin is easily stained yellow and to get rid of this, firstly, please stop scrubbing as that will make your skin worse. Simply use some olive oil and it should come right off. Keep it all natural :).

An alternative to this is using turmeric and yoghurt. Which incidentally has been used for centuries in the Indian culture, they apply this mix to brides before their wedding day and it completely softens the skin. Lemon juice is good too, but remember that it also contains natural AHAs and so can also be too harsh for your skin, so be a little wary of using it.

Hope that helps and so sorry for the long essay :P....let me know how it goes!

#225 seroyal223

seroyal223

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I've been currently using turmeric/honey masks for about 3 weeks now (every other night) and my red marks (I have had them for about 2 years now) have halved in colour! (I can tell because I have to use less foundation to cover them up Posted Image). I've suffered from quite severe acne (for the past 10 years) and have quite bad hyperpigmentation because of it. This has been the best thing I've ever used on my face. I'll give you a little insight into my current routine as well. I've stopped using beauty products, a lot of them are way to harsh for your skin. The honey itself is a brilliant moisturiser for your skin, whilst the turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial...so overall an excellent combo!! You shouldn't even need to moisturise after using this mask. Your skin might feel a little tighter but have a good look at it. Only moisturise if you really need to, I've completely cut back on it and my skin is doing a pretty good job of looking after itself now Posted Image.

What I've been doing is mixing about 5 tablespoons of honey (anything natural and organic will do the trick) with half a teaspoon of turmeric. Mix it well and apply it to your face (either your whole face or problem areas (up to you really) using an old foundation brush.

The mask will come off with WARM water, and it shouldn't stain your skin. As a lot of you have been finding....fairer skin is easily stained yellow and to get rid of this, firstly, please stop scrubbing as that will make your skin worse. Simply use some olive oil and it should come right off. Keep it all natural Posted Image.

An alternative to this is using turmeric and yoghurt. Which incidentally has been used for centuries in the Indian culture, they apply this mix to brides before their wedding day and it completely softens the skin. Lemon juice is good too, but remember that it also contains natural AHAs and so can also be too harsh for your skin, so be a little wary of using it.

Hope that helps and so sorry for the long essay Posted Image....let me know how it goes!

Hey, the person who created this topic said to use the mask overnight. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know if there's anything wrong with using it overnight?

#226 Sparxy

Sparxy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

I've been currently using turmeric/honey masks for about 3 weeks now (every other night) and my red marks (I have had them for about 2 years now) have halved in colour! (I can tell because I have to use less foundation to cover them up Posted Image). I've suffered from quite severe acne (for the past 10 years) and have quite bad hyperpigmentation because of it. This has been the best thing I've ever used on my face. I'll give you a little insight into my current routine as well. I've stopped using beauty products, a lot of them are way to harsh for your skin. The honey itself is a brilliant moisturiser for your skin, whilst the turmeric is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial...so overall an excellent combo!! You shouldn't even need to moisturise after using this mask. Your skin might feel a little tighter but have a good look at it. Only moisturise if you really need to, I've completely cut back on it and my skin is doing a pretty good job of looking after itself now Posted Image.

The mask will come off with WARM water, and it shouldn't stain your skin. As a lot of you have been finding....fairer skin is easily stained yellow and to get rid of this, firstly, please stop scrubbing as that will make your skin worse. Simply use some olive oil and it should come right off. Keep it all natural Posted Image.

Hope that helps and so sorry for the long essay Posted Image....let me know how it goes!

Hey, the person who created this topic said to use the mask overnight. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know if there's anything wrong with using it overnight?

NO NO, I wouldn't use it overnight at all. I wouldn't use anything like this overnight. As good as it is...you'll end up blocking your pores. To be perfectly honest, the best advice I've ever had is not to even use moisturiser overnight. I've stopped using that (I only put it on the bits I really need it i.e if I have any dry patches). Your skin heals the best overnight, so let it do it's stuff :)

#227 seroyal223

seroyal223

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

NO NO, I wouldn't use it overnight at all. I wouldn't use anything like this overnight. As good as it is...you'll end up blocking your pores. To be perfectly honest, the best advice I've ever had is not to even use moisturiser overnight. I've stopped using that (I only put it on the bits I really need it i.e if I have any dry patches). Your skin heals the best overnight, so let it do it's stuff Posted Image

Okay thanks. I used it overnight and my skin looked a little spottier so maybe that's why. I'll just do it briefly before bed now Posted Image

Another thing I wanted to ask was, is the mask supposed to sticky? I did a mask of just turmeric and honey, and it was pretty hard to spread on my face. I was thinking of mixing it with something less sticky

Edited by seroyal223, 01 June 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#228 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

@Sparxy ---honey and turmeric is all you use? i just want to make sure! and i can add yogurt if i want, right?

#229 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

OK I know this is old.. but the person who started this said to apply just the turmeric powder by itself till face is golden and leave it on overnight.
I might try this if that's what he meant.

I have never posted a thing , just take a look around if there is some cure for my persistent acne!! but when i saw this topic it just clicked ! Im from Vietnam and we really have been using turmeric for decades to fight acne and most of all to prevent/minimize the aftermath consequences of spots!! 4 years ago when i first had a spot , my cousin was using it to treat her face on every new spots she had at the time , i was laughing coz i think that was kinda unproven traditional convention that we Vietnamese use to treat spots!! But kill me her face skin now looks just perfect , every time a spot comes up , she applies turmeric on it ( its a turmeric roots , and she just rub it onto every spot she has ! ) It leaves a yellow mark on it , dont wash it off , leave it as long as u can and re apply it whenever possible ! and the mark and scar is no more !!!
I think this is my first post after 4-5 years looking around at this website , just think that it really helps , i regretted not taking it , hope you guys not to make the same mistake~~~~
good luck to us all , to thrive under our life !!!!!!!!!

This is old, but good post!! I'm gonna apply turmeric powder just on spot and scars area and leave it on. :) Won't use water, etc.

#230 Sparxy

Sparxy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

@Sparxy ---honey and turmeric is all you use? i just want to make sure! and i can add yogurt if i want, right?

I'm so sorry...I only just saw this!!
I do add some yogurt now, it makes it much easier to smooth onto your face and it makes it so cooling when you put it on!

#231 immortal_beauty

immortal_beauty

Mrs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Natural Beauty

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hello,

I have been using a paste of
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Cinammon powder (a pinch)
- a little bit of plain yougurt

I mix it all together and it makes a nice thick paste which is easy to apply and the turmeric doesn't flake off the skin so easily (as it does when only water is used so a tiny amount of plain yogurt is great). I have started using it for a 4 days now and I SWEAR by it!! Posted Image . Sometimes i add a little of Manuka Honey to the mix as well

Not only it has made my pores very clean! It has also made my acne heal very fast. My acne scarring has lightened as well. My face has less break outs and its less oilier! I am so happy about it Posted Image . I have used all sorts of over the counter medicines that just annoy me when they dont work and frankly I simply dont have the PATIENCE to wait for 1.5 to 2 months to see the friggin results Posted Image

But since doing this turmeric mask I've seen results way better than those chemically loaded stuff that I bought with too much money!

I will give 'nutmeg' powder a try as well since its anti inflimmatory . The Cinammon powder i use really helps I can almost feel it battling the acne (its very gentle on the skin!). Somewhere I read that people had a burning effect to cinammon powder, and you certainly dont need tablespoons of that stuff to make a mask because a pinch works just fine and its gentle on skin! Posted Image

I'll come back with more update. BTW i have mild to moderate acne

Wishing you all the best Posted Image

#232 drewfish01

drewfish01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

anyone had success with this for red marks and brown marks? how long did it take to see results?

#233 cutiebear

cutiebear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Turmeric is great but there are different types of Turmeric. The one you should be using for your face is "Kasturi Turmeric" or "Kasturi Manjal". It is a cosmetic turmeric used on babies. The other types of Turmeric used for cooking are too harsh for the face. They stain your skin and leave it yellow. But cosmetic turmeric will not! It is quite difficult to find kasturi turmeric in my city, so I ordered it on amazon. However, in other cities check out the Indian stores.

#234 kyou

kyou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hello everyone!

So basically i've had a huge acne flare up idk why :I

anyways im going to stop the sandalwood+rose water cause it seem uneffective and now im going to try this turmeric mask!

Can anyone tell me if this is fine

turmeric+chickpea flour (besan)+milk

or should i just try turmeric+honey?

#235 umaid619

umaid619

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Tumeric paste worked well for me for the first few days, but its been 3 months now, and my marks are still pink/red, does tumeric exfoliate the top layer of skin? and should i stop using it for awhile and see if my skin heals? because i feel as it keeps exfliotiing the top layer everytime i do it, and not giving the skin enough time to heal. been doing this every single day, for about 30mins the paste at night, then moisturing afterwards.

any help would be appreciated, 

#236 Idolovethisday

Idolovethisday

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

HELP i have Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and i've been thinking about using the turmeric mask ingredients are HONEY MILK LEMON JUICE ESPECIALLY TURMERIC i wanted to try it but im scared that itll break my skin because im also using the acne.org regimen..
Do you think its alright to use the turmeric everyday while using the regimen?
Help something answer please

#237 Threedaysgrace

Threedaysgrace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music- Three days grace, My Chemical romance, Panic! At the Disco, Fall out boy, Sick Puppies , The Pretty Reckless
    Art- Painting and basically drawing anything.
    Being lazy

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Tumeric probably wont break your face out but when i applied it with the yoghurt it caused me to have a bad breakout. Just use it with the honey and lemon.

#238 arunmarvel7

arunmarvel7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Turmeric is basically a good anti biotic that helps to prevent from various diseases and skin problems. In this contemprory world, also many women are trying turmeric for their face to cleanse zits, pimples, black heads and even more problems.

#239 manuuuuu

manuuuuu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hi
Ive got my sisters wedding next week and I need my skin to be flawless.. ive used the turmeric and yogurt and bit of honey mask thrice now.. i think ifs working but its too early totell...
my query is when its dried after 20 mins, it strts to fall off like powder... is tht meant to happen? and hw often shud i use the mazk?
lastly, i use 1 teaspoon of turmeric n yogurt n a drop of hney... is tht ryt? if nt whats da measurements
very much appreciated

#240 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

*URL Removed, see board rules; http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html Acne.org Moderator Team*
Giving this Ayurvedic Tumeric mask a shot- will review in Products forum if it helps

Edited by Like Moonlight, 30 August 2014 - 08:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users