My Experience w/ Food

3 replies to this topic

#1 Blitzjade

Blitzjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

Hi, my names Mark. I thought Id let you guys know how changing my diet has helped my acne.

In 7th grade I got mild acne, that slowly progressed into moderate acne in 8th grade. I was put on Benzamycin and that completely cleared me up for the next year.

In 10th grade, I started to break out again, and I was once again put on Benzamycin. This time, it didnt help as much. Yes, it did lessen my breakouts but my complexion was still terrible.

Then, I got mono. I lost my appetite and my face began to improve, but I didnt really notice anything. As my appetite returned, so did my acne.

Over Spring Break I took a trip to Las Vegas with my dad and I drank NO MILK at all. I didn't break out once. I drink milk all the time at home (Im addicted to Oreos) so when i realized that by not drinking it my face cleared, I knocked it out of my diet.

Now I only drink soy milk (Which I actually think tastes better than cows milk) and my face has never looked better! I used to be scared to look in the mirrors in the school bathroom because the flourescent lights would really show my bad complexion, but now I have no problem with doing so (unless I'm having a bad hair day).

I also started eating healthier and began to take a multivitamen. Im not sure if that affected my acne too, but all I know is that I'll never drink milk again!

I should also note that I did not go off Benzamycin during when my face started to clear up.

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

Now I only drink soy milk (Which I actually think tastes better than cows milk) and my face hasnt looked better!  I used to be scared to look in the mirrors in the school bathroom because the flourescent lights would really show my bad complexion, but now I have no problem with doing so (unless I'm having a bad hair day).

That's great to hear blitzjade! =D>

In the above bolded statement though, did you mean to say, "my face has never looked better? Otherwise, I'm just confused! :-k smile.gif

I should also note that I did not go off Benzamycin during when my face started to clear up.

Also, are you attributing your clearness do Benzamycin as well? If so, then it's not a totally diet thing (it rarely is just one thing). But whatever works! biggrin.gif

#3 Blitzjade

Blitzjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:38 PM

^ I meant to type that, I fixed it.

Im not attributing my clear skin to benzamycin. The only reason I added that was so people knew other things I was doing to treat my acne.

To also add something, I did not completely cut dairy out of my diet. I still eat cheese and foods with milk as an ingredient, so it was only the large amounts of milk I was drinking that really hurt my face. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're worried about cutting dairy out of your diet completely, don't worry. It's all about moderation!

#4 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:42 PM

I was just gonna say that and I couldn't agree more. Moderation is the key. Don't go cold turkey for the rest of your life. It just isn't possible!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users