Photo

need help asap: estee lauder double wear foundation

foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 summerfalls

summerfalls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

I'm thinking of getting this...

I've read many good comments about it here but have some doubts.

Hopefully some of you can answer my questions asap!

Does estee lauder double wear foundation look too thick and unnatural upon application?

Does it clog pores too? Cause any outbreaks?

These two are my main concerns before i purchase it sometime this week.

#2 iamnotemo

iamnotemo

Hi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:28 AM

I LOVE it so much...it covers things so well!

As for breaking out..well, it didn't break me out (but I am on accutane, so I don't know if it's a coincidence). I'd be careful with that..i honestly don't know..everyone's skin reacts differently so it's hard to tell...like for me, bare minerals completely broke me out

It can look too thick if you put too much on (but that's how all make up is). Just make sure you don't use too much and maybe use a moisturizer to make sure it goes on smoothly?
i hope it works for you! good luck!

#3 nadz

nadz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:11 AM

hi, thats so wierd...i was just thinking maybe i should change my foundation (i use double wear) to one that is non comodogenic, but really this make up is the only think that gets me out the door. it does cover eally well and stays put. i dont know if it clogs, my skin has been as bad as when i started using it, but its a good foundation, i think i'll stick with it, its the only thing that makes me feel better, it can be a bit thick but i usually put too much on any way x

#4 summerfalls

summerfalls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (iamnotemo @ Dec 29 2008, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for breaking out..well, it didn't break me out (but I am on accutane, so I don't know if it's a coincidence). I'd be careful with that..i honestly don't know..everyone's skin reacts differently so it's hard to tell...like for me, bare minerals completely broke me out

It can look too thick if you put too much on (but that's how all make up is). Just make sure you don't use too much and maybe use a moisturizer to make sure it goes on smoothly?

Hey, i've tried estee lauder's double wear foundation light sample and it's great! it covers really well without me even using a concealer and my skin is almost flawless with it! Just need to get the ride shade. Thanks all!

#5 summerfalls

summerfalls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

I've bought estee lauder's double wear. It covers quite well, however once i applied too much of it and my friends could tell that i was wearing foundation (normally they couldn't tell if i was)

Overall, it's a good product. I find that it works best as a concealer followed by loose powder.

#6 dsrfgsertwe

dsrfgsertwe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (summerfalls @ Jan 19 2009, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've bought estee lauder's double wear. It covers quite well, however once i applied too much of it and my friends could tell that i was wearing foundation (normally they couldn't tell if i was)

Overall, it's a good product. I find that it works best as a concealer followed by loose powder.

when i first bought it, the girl at the estee lauder counter had used a brush to apply it, and my face looked FLAWLESS. my mom flipped out when i got home because she said i looked so much better an then she couldn't believe that all i was wearing was foundation and no concealer or powder. the next day, i tried to apply it myself with a brush and i looked a hot mess. i was sooo upset. finally i went online for makeup application tips and tried just using my hands, and now i LOVE double wear. it's the only thing i trust when i have a bad breakout.

#7 wisegurl

wisegurl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

I have been using a sample of double wear for a few weeks now. The girl at the counter told me it does not clog pores. It is awesome as long as you don't use too much and apply it evenly. Best thing I have found so far. It has not broke me out at all. I wash it off really well at night though. I recommend getting a free sample first because the girl at the counter did my make up and it looked awesome and appeared to match well. When I put it on the next day it looked totally orangy in the natural light. I went back and went a shade lighter and it appeared to match perfect but also looks a little orangy in the natural light. It may just be me but I think it is hard to match. But a 10 day sample far exceded 10 days for me, so I would definately try that first. It may look good inside but make sure you look in the car mirror or something to be sure, because for me it looks totally different outside. Good luck.

#8 kimmi2384

kimmi2384

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:40 AM

i brough Double Wear Light as i found Double Wear was a bit too thick and cakey looking. i prefer to look more natural.
it is amazing foundation!
i apply it witha brush and it covers all mt red marks up and lasts all day. i dont tend to even bother with touch up's in the day!
it doesnt clog your pores or anything! i think it is amazing and i will def be using it untill my red marks fade away!!
def get a tester first! i got testers in diff shades and tried them all at home.
get a friend to look at u in different lights so you know you are getting best match possible!

#9 Bunney

Bunney

Rawr

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (iamnotemo @ Dec 29 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I LOVE it so much as well! Honestly it covers boosboos so well! Although I have to usually mix and match two of their shades to get the right color match for me, really it is an amazing foundation! And as far as I know it never broke me out or caused any skin problems for me, but then again everyone skins is different. Just visit a counter and get a sample its really worth it!

#10 summerfalls

summerfalls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

I guess estee lauder double wear foundation light was the best foundation i got while i had moderate to severe acne. It covered really well and it's the only foundation i would trust for acne prone skin.

I'm using avene's foundation now. (fluid corrector) It's quite light and looks really natural. Thinking of getting laura mercier's tinted moisturiser as i've heard many great reviews of it!

#11 .April.

.April.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

I've been using doublr Wear for over a year now. I used to use Chanel foundation for years but the double wear gives much better coverage.

You need to moisturise well and I find the foundation goes on best if you apply while your skin is still slightly moist. I used it while on Accutane too.

I also use Estee Lauders Maximum Cover concealer. It is also non pore blocking and the tiniest bit covered the worst red marks. It comes in a small tube and Ive only used about 1/5 of the tube in a year, and I use it every day! It does only come in a few shades though, so I use he concealer, then a tiny bit of the double wear foundation to get the colour match. I am still ont he same bottle of Double Wear too, it lasts so long, stays put all day, doesnt break you out. The only problem with it is if you apply it to dry skin as it can look cakey. It also looks great in photographs...some foundations don't photograph well!

It si quite hard to remove though and remove it using facial wipes to be sure I get it all.

Just dont put it under your eyes as it will add years to you!

I apply it with my fingers for daily use, but for full coverage, ie for a bad breakout, using a foundation brush works great. smile.gif

#12 Revelry

Revelry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

I really like this foundation! Only thing I hate is that the undertone is so pink.. I have neutral/yellow undertones and it's way too pink for me.

#13 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

^Have you tried Revlon Colorstay? They run yellow tones, and have heavy coverage. I used to wear Estee Lauder DW based on the coverage and the fact that the undertones were pink (as I am). Usually I don't find any pink tones in the drugstore. Made me sad too that Revlon Colorstay ran yellow.

#14 Revelry

Revelry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

You don't find any pink tones in the drugstore? I can't find any yellow ones xd
I never tried Revlon Colorstay, I'm not even sure it's sold in my country.. But I'll look into it thanks smile.gif

#15 scotslass

scotslass

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

Below is an extract from Estee Lauders Website about Double Wear Foundation. I suffer from acne and I use it all the time and have no adverse reaction to it. Within the Formula facts it seems to contain all the magic words, oil free, fragrance free and non-acnegenic. I also use the double wear concealer which I find brilliant for covering those red marks that need a little extra help.

Hope this is helpful.

Scotslass

AWARD WINNER
SHE Beauty & Fragrance Awards 2010 - Winner of Best Liquid Foundation

PRODUCT DETAILS
15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.
This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes.
Feels lightweight and comfortable.
Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.

FORMULA FACTS
Oil-free
Dermatologist-tested
Non-acnegenic
Fragrance-free