Photo

I cant find out wether foods break me out or not ~~~~

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:45 PM

For about a half a year I have stayed fairly clear bit every once in a while I will get a few zits....but during this half a year I drank milk in school and I ate meat and bread and I drank PILES AND PILES of sodas...Now I have changed my diet....I dont drink regular milk I drink soy...I try not to eat bread and I havnt drank a soda in like 2-3 weeks....I have been eating fruits for breakfest...and in school now I drink water..and I go threw the salad bar instead of eating the regular foods they serve...But I cant tell wether this is helping my acne or not....and im beginning to think that cutting all the yummy foods out of my diet isnt worth it....

I LOVE bread and I LOVE SODA and sweets...

And I just did a test...today I ate ALOT of peanuts candy sodas..and ALOT of bread and meat and regular milk....so if these foods DO aggervate my acne..when can I expect the break out??? How many days or weeks...
Cause I HATE the new acne diet...and if im going to use the new acne diet I want to know if the "ACne causing foods" really aggervate my acne...

BTW....the bad foods dont aggervate acne in all people do they???

And are peanuts acne aggervating???

#2 stoked

stoked

!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:53 PM

id have to say its different for everybody. ive cut soda and ice cream and candy out of my diet almost completely and i drink lots of water and i hardly break out now..and when i do get the occasional pimple its usually nothing compared to the ones i used to get so my advice would be to alter your diet for say 2-3 weeks and see if u get an improvement or if eatign shit makes u worse. i can tell u one thing..water helps so much..if u drink a couple of bottles of water each day i guarentee u will see an improvment in your skin.

#3 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:27 PM

Well if I am going to break out from all the piles of "BAD" food I ate the other day....How long will it be before I break out from the food???

Because if I dont have any idea of when I am going to break out from all the "BAD" food I ate today (PILES of sodas, bread, candy, meat, peanuts,and cows milk) and I do break out...I wont kno wether it was from the food or something else......So can someone give me a estimate on the time of the break of from the food??? 8-[

also..are peanuts acne aggervating??? :-k

#4 alliask

alliask

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:10 PM

usually, when i eat "bad" foods, i get the breakout within 3-4 days.
foods that aggravate my acne are peanuts and oatmeal. i can't be ABSOLUTELY sure but i don't think it could be a coincidence...
i got the worst breakouts of my life (of cysts!) when i went overboard on peanuts and oatmeal on a few separate occasions.

i think food does aggravate acne but its not the sole source. i've been eating healthy for a while (soy milk, fruits and veggies, tofu) but i still got minor breakouts. it's only when i eat bad foods that i get HORRIBLE breakouts.

peanuts has caused acne for me and my mom... some people are allergic to peanuts. i dont know if im allergic to it, i think i breakout if i eat roasted peanuts because of all the saturated fats and oils.

zero, keep us posted about whether or not your binge has caused a breakout!
My skin seems to have cleared up for the past 2 months, after 2 years of recurrent mild-moderate acne. I used to get a lot of random cysts and nodules.

What could've cleared me up? I've stopped using harsh cleansers with BP and SA. I now use Purpose gentle cleanser only in the evening because I have to wash off my makeup. In the morning, I wash with water only. I've also stopped using the Becca concealer I had been using. I believe it was causing me recurrent cysts in the same area - it was a vicious cycle. I began using Jane Iredale's make up and they haven't caused me any acne as far as I'm aware of.

Also, I've stopped eating peanuts or food containing peanut ingredients. I had never suspected that peanut was causing my acne because I did not react to it in high school. However, I suppose the chemistry of our bodies change over time. I'm not certain that peanuts were causing my acne, and I can eat a handful of peanuts as a test, but I don't want to deal with a break out when my skin is clearing up :P

Anyway, I hope this snippet was somewhat helpful to someone.

#5 larkenfoam

larkenfoam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:20 PM

A while ago when I was trying to get my doc to prescribe my accutane, I purposefully ate tons of "bad" foods like chocolate ice cream, marshmallows, shakes, and drank lots of soda. It did NOT aggaravate my acne, despite my best attempts.

Also, during some of my "clearest" times I remember I had a horrible diet full of fast food and other trash.

I would say you should steer clear of escessive sweets, if for no other reason than general health. Avoiding bread seems ridiculous though.

#6 chrisalvarez55

chrisalvarez55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:42 PM

Different people have different things that make your skin get acne.

For example, if i drink milk (but i can eat dairy products), eat shrimp, or any chinese food, then i will break out alot.

The best thing for you to do is to see and experiment with foods to see what makes you break out and what doesn't. Then, just stay clear of those foods.

Also, it's probably best to stay away from eating fast foods like mcdonalds or pizza hut, or at least eat them in moderation. After all, if you eat healthy foods, then your body will be healthy, including your skin.

And drink lot's of water, it really helps.

#7 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

Well...it has been a week since I started my benge on "BAD" foods and I have gotten 2 pimpels....I got one yesterday and the other today..they seem to be healing quickly though...they are just a flat red spot now....do you all consider this a breakout???

And do you all think this is do to my benge on junk food?????

#8 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:46 PM

I can say I have cut out almost all caffeine, drink TONS of water and eat almost no refined sugar. Over Easter however, I had candy and other sweets (shame..shame..on me) and I broke out with 3 nice red zits. There is definitely a sugar/zit connection with me. sad.gif