Photo

oil free moisturizers?????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 tired princess

tired princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

is there ANY oil free moisturizer out there that doesn't make someones acne worse?? i've tried tons of oil free mosturizers and it just makes me break out even more...

i just saw an oil free one from clinique.. http://www.clinique....CT_ID=PROD11812

but i cant seem to find the ingredients?? from reading the comments.. it looks like it has bp in it.. anyways, is there any good oil free mosturizers out there that DONT break u out even more??

(i haave acne and tons of scars and redmarks)

#2 paulvg

paulvg

Samick Greg Bennett Royale Line Guitars' Rocks!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

what's your current regimen?

#3 tired princess

tired princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

doxycycline 200mgs, zinc50mg, vitamin c500mg, and proactiv 3 step (BP), i also use a prescription BP face wash along with the proactiv facewash to get off all my make up.

so my skin is dry,red, and flaky. but no matter what mosturizer i use, i break out more!

#4 paulvg

paulvg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

Check out this page...Dan listed some nice moisturizers there...hmmm..have you tried the jojoba oil? cool2.gif comfort.gif

http://www.acne.org/...lies2.php#step3

#5 ladyanne

ladyanne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

Have you tried Celeteque Facial Moisturizer? It's what I've been using and seems to work for my skin. Why don't you give it a try and see if it'll work for you too..

This is what is written on the box:

Celeteque moisturizers provides the skin with optimum hydration without the greasy, sticky feel. Its unique triple mositurizing system works deep down to provide long lasting relief from skin dryness, keeping the skin always soft, smooth and supple.

Hypo-allergenic
Non-comedogenic
Fragrance free
Triple moisturizing system :

Pro Vitamin B5
Aloe Vera
Glycerin

P.S. I bought this here in the Philippines. I'm not sure if it's available in other countries.

#6 NellyS

NellyS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

I use Olay Complete for sensitive skin, it has never made me break out....it also has SPF15...tried something else a few times and got allergic reactions and pimples...so I guess I'm not gonna try anymore, eusa_naughty.gif . Good luck with everything... takes time to find the products that work for you...I am still struggling with face cleansers because my skin is so sensitive...

#7 paulvg

paulvg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (ladyanne @ Dec 28 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried Celeteque Facial Moisturizer? It's what I've been using and seems to work for my skin. Why don't you give it a try and see if it'll work for you too..

Celeteque moisturizers provides the skin with optimum hydration without the greasy, sticky feel. Its unique triple mositurizing system works deep down to provide long lasting relief from skin dryness, keeping the skin always soft, smooth and supple.

Hypo-allergenic
Non-comedogenic
Fragrance free

Pro Vitamin B5
Aloe Vera
Glycerin

P.S. I bought this here in the Philippines. I'm not sure if it's available in other countries.

Hey, are you a Filipina? eusa_shifty.gif

#8 ladyanne

ladyanne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (lenpopz @ Dec 28 2008, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ladyanne @ Dec 28 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hypo-allergenic
Non-comedogenic
Fragrance free

Pro Vitamin B5
Aloe Vera
Glycerin

Hey, are you a Filipina? eusa_shifty.gif

Yes, I am Pinay. Hello to you!

#9 paulvg

paulvg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

wahahaha...aba,taga san ka? eusa_clap.gif

#10 CAKES^_^

CAKES^_^

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

You can try curel. Its not for the face but it doesn't clog pores and never caused me to breakout and i use one bottle for my face and one for my body. That way if any other part of my body comes into contact with my face (ex. my arm) i know its not moisturized with a lotion that will break me out. Also you can try Neutrogena Visibly even moisturizer. I highly recommend it. It takes away marks as it moisturizes as it protects from sun (SPF 15). It really does take away my marks and i did nto notice until i decided to stop using it cause i thought it was not working. Then i started to see more marks on my face, i would get the same number of pimples but the leftover marks were sticking around longer and therefore the marks where pilling up and it looked like more marks than usual. So i asked myself "what is going on? Why do i have all these marks?" and i came up with the answer and ASAP i bought another one. It only has two downsides: a little bit pricey and not too moiturizing. i would put neutrogena visibly even moisturizer directly on my skin (i used to use proactive (like you) but only at night, in the morning i would just wash my face with St. Ives) and on top of it put on Curel. Good Luck. Now i am not using it cause i am trying out Dan's regimen with his products and therefore his moisturizer too.

#11 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

moisturizers ha

moisturizers ha

#12 Daisy B.

Daisy B.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

Neutrogena Oil-Free Fresh Moisture Ultra-Light Moisturizer worked well for me before I went on Accutane and my esthetician approved of it. It never broke me out, the only reason I'm not using it right now is that I need something a little heavier.

#13 marcymarcy

marcymarcy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:50 AM

the clinique "dramtically differerent" moisturing gel is awesome. it's very light and in places you need more moisture, just layer it on. do NOT get the lotion one, get the gel one. lotion's def for people who are not cursed like us!

#14 tired princess

tired princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

i picked up oil of olay complete for sensitive skin.. looks like theres alot of good reviews on that.. we'll see