Photo

Maca Root

vitamin b vitamin b5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 PinkStars

PinkStars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hi. This is my first time posting on acne.org. I am beyond frustrated and stressed out over my acne...which probably isn't helping my situation much. I have been dealing with acne since I was 12..and I am now 25. I have basically tried everything imaginable, but nothing has been of much help. When I was younger, I took birth control, with very few results. The only thing that has truly helped my skin was Accutane. I was on two rounds of Accutane. Both times my skin cleared up completely. It was amazing. As soon as I stopped taking the accutane and it was completely out of my system, the acne came back. I later came to find out that accutane only closes up the skin's pores. I hoped that I would grow out of the acne, but that hasn't been the case. It was slowly started to get better as I got older, but now it's back...and worse than ever!! I def believe it's hormonal acne because it really flares up around that time of the month. I've been researching for hours to find something to help my skin and hormones. I read about taking B5..and I even bought some...but I got too scared to take it when I read about the side effects and possibly losing hair. sad.gif I have been researching Maca root from Peru, which has been known to help hormonal imbalances. Has anyone taken Maca for their acne? If so, what results have you seen from it? Or does anyone have any other advice? Thanks!!

oops...i guess this isn't my first time posting...I did post a few months ago about Vitamin B5, but I forgot eusa_doh.gif

#2 MitchM

MitchM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

From what I've heard, maca powder takes your body about two weeks to get use to, and you may experience a sudden flair up, depression, insomnia, but it gets better after that. This is what I've heard from people who immediately started out taking the full recommended dosage. I have already ordered some, and I'm going to slowly introduce my body to it, and get to full dosage by the end of week two. Also, maca is commonly used for increased libido. Haha. I've also ordered spirulina and some other natural products, but I won't be receiving them for at least another two weeks. When I do, I'm considering uploading some vids of my progress, so I'll make sure to post a link here. Right now I'm simply using johnson's baby soap, sea salt and witch hazel. It's been a few days, and my forehead has cleared up wonderfully, but it only moved to other areas on my face, so there's been no real improvement. I've been avoiding vegetable and soybean oil, and reducing my sugar intake too, but that takes about a month before you see any improvement...

Edited by MitchM, 13 September 2009 - 05:34 PM.

#3 becs44

becs44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Hi There,
I have been using maca root for a month now and it has cleared my ache up, I have had clear skin for 3 weeks now. im over the moon I will never look back

The recommended dose is 4-6 tablets a day I have only taken 2 and its worked,I really didn`t think it would. but it has smile.gif

my regime is

morning- aloe vera gentle facial wash by the body shop followed by Benzoyl Peroxide 5% (panoxyl)

evening- simple facial wipes

night- 2 maca root tablets (500mg per tablet)

I have very oily skin, so I do not moisturizer very often when I do I use organic aloe vera gel

hope this helps
becs xxx

#4 lnctwm

lnctwm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

I never had acne until I was 22. And it became very cystic and painful. Associated with it came infertility. I tried different types of medications and treatments/ proactive and nothing worked. Iv'e done some research on hormonal acne and ended up trying maca root. I Lo-ove it. For the first time in 9 years my skin is clear! I take two at night and two in the morning. I believe it only works with hormonal acne though.

Now I need a good product to clear up the red areas and scarring left behind!

ps I have had no side effects

Edited by lnctwm, 08 April 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#5 kizzmeface

kizzmeface

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Just want to say that the maca root has been working for me so far, although I also have been using saw palmetto. My acne was very painful, i basically had no flat surfaces on my cheeks or chin and had been on everything except accutane. I've had acne since I was 13 and altho it is not completely clear right now it is WAY better! i also am trying to figure out the scarring. but in the beginning i did get a big burst of energy after taking it which I dont get now, but it has only been about a month of me taking these two items so I hope it last eusa_dance.gif

#6 SpiralCC

SpiralCC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'd like to learn more about maca. I heard it's better to start with the powder version (versus the tablet) so you can start on a low intake and work up to your full dosage. Those who've tried maca...how much does it increase your libido? That's the thing that's making me nervous to try maca because I don't need any extra libido! lol
How do you know if your acne is hormonal? Is the diagnosis as simple as saying if you get flare up's before your monthly you've got hormonal acne?

TIA! smile.gif

#7 Gators_Fan

Gators_Fan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

I am a male who suffers from Hormonal Acne. I practically gave it to myself by taking so many supplements for lifting that messed with my testosterone levels that my hormones are out of whack.

I began taking 'Royal Maca Root' almost 2 weeks ago. I started with 2 pills (500mg each), and now take 4 pills a day. 2 In the morn, 2 later in the day. As for the increase in libido, it certainly does increase sexual desire, but nothing overwhelming. I wouldn't consider it a negative side effect by any means.

It's only been around 12 days but I have seen improvement. It's too early to make claims when it comes to acne cures because everyone knows what works at first can stop working out of no where. But for anyone suffering from hormonal acne (usually adults), give Maca a try, it's one of the most proven ways to BALANCE HORMONES known to man.

#8 cocobean

cocobean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

I used maca for 3 months and saw a realistic 50% improvement, it made my sleeping a bit hard because of the energy boost so I took one pill in the morning every other day. It definately did help me, I got my pills online for $7 free shipping they are called passion maca or something in a purple bottle.

Edited by cocobean, 05 November 2012 - 11:56 AM.