6 replies to this topic

#1 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

I've been using the regimen for a few months now. While the right side of my face is 99% clear, the left side of my face keeps breaking out. I had about 4 pimples(1 is a cyst) on my left cheek this week while I didnt have a single one on the rest of my face. What could be the cause of this? I was thinking it could be from my pillow but I lay on my right side more than my left. I also change my pillow case weekly. What could be the cause of this?

#2 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, illustrating, reading sci fi/fantasy, writing, ice skating<br /><br />Music: Depeche Mode, Yanni, Michael Buble

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Maybe it's because that's the side you hold the phone against? If not, you might break out there "just because." Acne doesn't have to be symmetrical.

#3 korkow

korkow

With any luck, I might just be crazy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Maybe you could think of it as a good thing! Be glad you don't have to worry about acne on the right side of your face.

Some causes might be:
1. Sleeping habits
2. Hair
3. Hats
4. Genetics
5. If you talk on your phone a lot on that side, it could cause a buildup of oil
6. Pure randomness. Maybe your whole face is equally prone, but the odds just always favored the one half.

#4 Ardelle

Ardelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

Try changing your pillowcase every night for a while and see how that goes. Even if you fall asleep on one side of your face, you probably turn during the night and end up sleeping on the other side of your face. Quite recently I kept breaking out only on the sides of my face even though I always fell asleep on my back (face not touching the pillow), and I used to change my pillowcase every week too. But once I started changing it every night, pretty quickly it started to get better.

#5 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Obviously it cant be my pillow case since I try not to sleep on the side where I break out anymore. And I also use the phone on my right side and I still break out on my left. It must be genetics then. Weird because it just started happening after my skin got used to BP and the regimen. Should I just stop using BP on the left side of my face? It doesnt help at all anymore. In fact, I think I get more cysts on the left side now ever since BP doesnt help anymore.

#6 aka9090

aka9090

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

This used to happen to me..i had all my pimples on the right side and the left side was perfect...then it evened out to the left side and became symmetrical=\

#7 NellyS

NellyS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

Same problem here...the left one is more affected, have no idea why...I change my face towel and pillowcase everyday now....and I am also paranoid about rubbing my face on my pillow at night, as I think that might irritate my acne more...I have long hair and I sleep with my hair tied although I wash it everyday....can't say it's helping but at least I know everything is very clean....

Last week I was under the impression that my cheek was healing but I got some hormonal acne and it's a mess again....seeing a derm next week... eusa_pray.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users