benzoyl peroxide

4 replies to this topic

#1 nobody.

nobody.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

Been browsing the forum for about a month now and finally decided to join!! My acne is just getting annoying now; i never used to care too much about it as i thought it was hormonal and it would go away, however im 18 now and its just getting worse lol. In the past year its got a lot more severe and ive tried everything literally lol. Ive been on 3 different types of antibiotics which just made things worse, retin-A that was awful lol, benzoyl peroxide, clearasil, home remedies etc literally the list is endless.

Back to the original question ive decided to just stop with all nasty face creams and horrible chemicals as they always make my face feel horrible. So ive decided to only use 2 products. These are garnier 3 in 1 and sudocrem. I chose garnier 3 in 1 as its REALLY gentle on the face; its creamy and makes your face feel really nice afterwards, along with this i apply sudocrem however only at nights. My question is do i apply a large amount of sudocrem and leave it on my face ( so your face is very white) or do i just rub in a small amount ( which ive been doing) so all the whiteness goes and it just looks greasy?

Thanks for any answers! Acne truly is made of fail. Mine is now leaning to severe acne, however my cheeks and nose are clear its my forehead thats the problem and my chin is moderate most of the time. I was told by the dermatologist that ive inehrited acne from my mum who had it very bad. Does that basically mean that i can never ger rid of my spots as its in my genes?

Thanks for reading! surprised.gif

#2 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

I know people have used sudocrem for spot treating and have reported some benefit. I haven't seen many people who have posted about its effectiveness with longer term use though.

I would be concerned about using it as it contains lanolin, which is very comedogenic, along with paraffin and waxes, which may also not be great for acne prone skin.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#3 Medders36

Medders36

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (willow569 @ Dec 24 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know people have used sudocrem for spot treating and have reported some benefit. I haven't seen many people who have posted about its effectiveness with longer term use though.

I would be concerned about using it as it contains lanolin, which is very comedogenic, along with paraffin and waxes, which may also not be great for acne prone skin.

Could I ask you Willow569
I'm worried that due to using the topical acne treatment I'm using and my skin is now so sensitive, whether a facial peel is wise?

I've always kept away from peels, microdermasbrasion etc as I thought it aggravated acne prone skin. Do you think there are benefits for congested skin, its my jawline that is the problem. Everywhere else is clear.

Medders

#4 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Medders36 @ Jan 3 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (willow569 @ Dec 24 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could I ask you Willow569
I'm worried that due to using the topical acne treatment I'm using and my skin is now so sensitive, whether a facial peel is wise?

I've always kept away from peels, microdermasbrasion etc as I thought it aggravated acne prone skin. Do you think there are benefits for congested skin, its my jawline that is the problem. Everywhere else is clear.

Medders

If you have inflamed acne, I would definitely stay away from microderm. I think it often aggravates inflamed acne and may cause it to spread.

I love the effects of professional peels - glycolic and salicylic peels can really help clear out congested skin. If you are that dry and sensitive, I wouldn't try to do one on your own though. Getting one done by a professional who has experience treating acne prone skin is probably your best bet. They can recommend what would work best for you acne type and skin sensitivity.

What products are you using right now?

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#5 Monkey.UK

Monkey.UK

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

I found Sudocrem made my skin worse; seems too heavy and doesn't let it breathe. Calamine lotion is a hundred times better at calming down acne overnight, and nearly as cheap as Sudocrem!
If you're a woman with acne, do you also have any of the following: excess body/face hair, skin tags around the armpit/neck area, excess body weight, irregular/very painful periods? I found out polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the cause of my acne; knowing the reason is reassuring.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little things that help me
-Use cotton pillowcases and wash them every 3 days.
-Only use clean cotton facecloths to dry my face (never hand/body towels that are hanging around).
-Olive oil on flaky patches of skin.
-Clean home phone and mobile phone frequently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users