Photo

How long does it take for the peeling after a TCA peel to start?

tca

1 reply to this topic

#1 lappj

lappj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

I did a at-home 8% TCA peel two days ago to get rid of red-marks, uneven pigmentation, and these tiny acne-like bumps that have been plaguing my cheeks for months.

I have no signs of peeling yet. Is this normal? When does the peeling normally begin? Because the solution was very weak (8%), is there a chance I won't peel at all? The acid burned like hell while on my skin and I was very red afterwards, but the next day my skin was not too much different, just a little red and the tiny bumps had multiplied. The skin on my chin is still sensitive two days later, but the skin on the rest of my face shows no signs of peeling. Slight redness has remained and there are more tiny bumps.

What do I do if nothing happens? I know I have to wait three weeks to do another peel, but that won't do. This was the only chance (Christmas break) I had to do it. When can I go back to taking my anti-biotics and treating with Duac?

Thanks for your help!

#2 hope711

hope711

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

since a TCA peel is 10x stronger than glycolic i would imagine you should start peeling from 3-7 days. because with glycolic acid which i use takes 1-2 days to start peeling. TCA penetrates the skin deeper than superficial peels so you should start peeling today or within the next few days.
smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users