Photo

Protecting my face from hairspray?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ardelle

Ardelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

Every morning before school, when I do my hair, I finish it off with a shitload of hairspray, mostly on my bangs. I can feel that a lot of the hairspray gets on my face, and my forehead, but I never really cared. Last week, I had a couple of inflamed red pimples on my forehead. Now, it's holiday break, and I haven't been caring in the least what my hair looks like, so I haven't been using any hairspray at all. And tada! Low and behold, after just a few days, those red inflamed spots on my forehead are gone.

So now, leading to my question...when school starts back up again, I'm going to start using hairspray again. My bangs get all piecey and funny looking if I don't hairspray them. So I need a way to protect my face from the hairspray while I'm spraying it on. Anyone have any ideas? All I can think about in this matter is something I saw on an episode of Full House, anyone who watches that show as much as I do will know what I'm talking about - Jesse was showing off his invention on an infomercial, it was a clear plastic thing on a handle that looked kind of like the plastic part that's in front of a helmet, except without the helmet part, and it covered his whole face. He called it the Hairspray Shield or something like that.

...but enough of my pointless rambling. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to keep hairspray from getting on my face?

#2 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

Just use your other hand to shield your face while you spray. Or, like, a paper plate or something.

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#3 Ardelle

Ardelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

I've tried using my hand, but it's really not big enough to cover my entire face. The paper plate seems like it would work, though.

#4 .Yoshi.

.Yoshi.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

I don't know if this will help much, but when i spray leave-in-conditioner, I spray it on my brush, then brush my hair...it works for me. I'm not sure if the same concept could be aplied to hairspray tho.....

#5 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Lol, I still like my paper plate idea. You could hold it up to your face before you use it, then cut out little holes or a slit where your eyes are so you can still see what you're doing while protecting your face. It's like an arts and crafts project! Woohoo!

#6 dom88

dom88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

yea ardelle i have the same problem i get so paranoid i'm gonna get a zit every time i feel the hair spray land on my face and most of the time I do get a zit where the hair spray landed.

and c'est la vigne I'm totally taking your idea! because no matter how far i spray the hair spray from my face it always gets on my face so GOOD IDEA!!! eusa_clap.gif

Dom wink.gif

#7 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Huzzah! A victory! : D

#8 123123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

Yea i use hairspray too but i dont have trouble protecting my face from hairspray because my hair is shorter than you girls. When i do get hairspray on my forehead i wont get breakouts there anyway. But I do get breakouts under my hair which i think is because of the hairspray so I try to use less hairspray now unless the wind is really big.

#9 Yo Adrienne!

Yo Adrienne!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

hahaha does anyone remember the show Full House when Jesse invented that hairspray face shield? he used a ton of hairspray and made a faceshield with a handle on it. this totally reminded me of that

#10 nicolemarie

nicolemarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

even if you shield your face when you spray it, it will still get on your skin especially for us people with bangs... i had a totally unlike me breakout all over my forehead 3 weeks ago, it all has cleared and i just thought it was because i had an abnormal cycle. well, it has all cleared except this patch on the left side of my forhead where i tend to wear my bangs... there has got to be SOMEONE on here who has found a hairspray that DOESN'T do this... please reply