Photo

Tiny tiny rice grains in EVERY pore - anyone else have it?

51 replies to this topic

#21 Septima

Septima

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

THis is my first posting, so I hope it comes out okay. I have also suffer from this type of acne for many years, and even while Dan's regime helped my inflamed acne nothing made my non-inflamed better. Honestly, ever one of my pores were clogged with whiteheads, blackeheads or as you described what looked like little white things that would actually stick out of the pore. Exfoliating helped but everything always left my face peeling and rub which would just cause inflamed acne.
Then we went to South Florida, on vacation and when we came back my head was itching all the time. I head never head dandruff. My doctor said it looked like a fungal infection, from my head being wet for two weeks. He told me to get T/Sal from Neurtrogena and wash daily for atleast a week. Well I did and then I noticed that all the acne around my hairline started clearing up, so I read the bottle and the main active ingredient was 2% salicylic acid. So, I got the idea to put this stuff all over my face.
When I first started I would dampen my face put alittle on and work it into a latter, then brush my teeth or something for about ten minutes and then hop in the shower. My face cleared up within days, without peeling and while red after the shower nothing in the morning.
I was able to wear make-up for the first time in years. My face stayed clear for over two years, by simply washing with T/Sal. Best part is it cost like $8 and last two/three months, Kmart even has a generic that cost around $5. My best friend who has terrible back and chest acne since we were teenagers (we are in our 30's now), started using it and it has cleared her back so much she wore a backless dress New Years Eve.
Unfortunately, I got the Mirena and now I am getting cyst, the t/sal is still keeping my pores looking great.

#22 Marie1

Marie1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hmm well I have been exfoliating lots as well as steaming. It does help to an extent but it hasnt got rid of it. The main area on the chin is so full of these tiny sebum plugs, its disgusting. And like I said, because its all over in every pore it looks very bad, its not sporadic.

They look like they would be easy to get rid of and yet they are not!!!!! AARRRGGHHH. Seriously annoyed and upset that nothing works and my doc wont give me low dose accutane.

#23 Marie1

Marie1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

SEPTIMA

Just saw your reply. Are you saying it worked on the type of thing I have - u know the tiny sebum plugs that are in every pore ?? This is what i need to get rid of. They are extremely difficult to get rid of as whilst they look like they are sitting on the skin surface, they in fact aren't - maybe a few layers below and they just cant be easily squeezed out or exfoliated.

If it worked on your problem which is like mine then I will test out this Neutrogena stuff. Is it just called T/Sal or have you shortned the word? I live in the UK so just want to make sure i get the correct one over here too.

I know salicylic acid is good for acne e.g. Proactiv in UK sell their stuff with salicylic (not B.P) but that never worked for me. But am willing to test out all things...

How long did it take before you started noticing that it was working?

#24 sssyjackson

sssyjackson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

I think I have exactly the same thing as you. I have these things all over my face, chest, arms, back, and butt - I mean everywhere. Unfortunately, if I'm right and we do have the same thing, I don't have very good news for you.

After YEARS of having these tiny little things sticking out of my skin (that look like "white" and sometimes "yellow" blackheads) I finally decided that I didn't think it was acne and did some research online. What I discovered was KERATOSIS PILARIS.

KERATOSIS PILARIS is a skin condition that affects about 33% of all people regardless of age, race, what have you - though I did think it mentioned in my reading that it tends to affect women more often then men. It is caused by the inability of the skin to properly shed dead skin cells. Instead of these cells sloughing off like they should, they stay stuck to the skin's surface and fill in the space around hair follicles. KP can occur on any surface of the body that has hair. It is also genetic - meaning that there is no cure. Daily exfoliation can help keep KP in check and reduce the appearance of the "grains", but they will always come back in no more than a couple of days. What's worse is that there really is no treatment - Some people have had luck with prescription Vitamin A topicals, but it is never a permanent solution.

Also, if you search for keratosis pilaris on the web, you'll find that there are a lot of products that you can by to help treat KP, but make sure you read the testimonials before you buy. Most of the products are somewhat expensive, and from the reviews I've read can sometimes help a person immensely and other times do nothing at all.

I'm sorry if I've been the bearer of any bad news, and again, I don't know if this is really what you have - I would suggest asking your dermatologist. I hope I've helped - I know for me it made it better to know what was going on with my skin - even if means I can't ever get rid of it, at least I don't have the same anxiety about it that I used to.

I feel your pain,
Lauren

#25 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

Hmmmmmm .... I am wondering about the KP idea. I have KP on my body, but not on my face. I can control it with manual exfoliation (I scrub with a loofah in the shower) and AmLactin lotion, which contains 12% lactic acid and is absolutely wonderful stuff.

I would think that mandelic acid would have helped with KP, if that is indeed what it is .... but perhaps the serum was too drying, and an AHA lotion of some kind would be more effective? It is definitely important with KP to keep the skin moisturized, which is why the AmLactin is so wonderful. Lactic acid is both an exfoliant and a humectant.

I believe that most people who get facial KP get it on their cheeks .... the chin seems odd to me ... but this does seem worth looking into.

And then there's the whole fungal thing. I struggle with a fungal folliculitis on my face, but it is absolutely nothing like what you describe .... mine manifests itself as small hard itchy bumps, usually along my hairline, some of which are filled with clear liquid. But there are certainly other types of fungal infections, and I'm no expert. Really, the only way to know for sure is to get your derm to take a culture from one of your bumps.
Retired from Acne.org

#26 solothink

solothink

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

If your genes are fucked up, doesn't that mean we changed them somehow? if so, can't we change it back?

#27 zuckerman

zuckerman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

I had this problem and low dose accutane (10 mg) cleared it 100% in one month. I had trouble getting my prescription, so I went off it, and things returned within 3 months and have gotten progressively worse. After about 6 months, I've gone back on low dose (10 mg day), but it hasn't even been a month. I'm praying it will work again.

Find a derm who will give you low dose. But the only thing I struggle with is the fear that it will f*** my health up over time. Once my pores are clear again, I plan to slowly take it down to 5 mg twice per week. Also, if you're a woman, if you want to have kids, you'll have to go off it for a time before and during pregnancy.

Anyways, good luck.

#28 typoprone

typoprone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

If what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about, try Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips to unplug your pores of those suckers! biggrin.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  nose.jpg   118.21K   1252 downloads

#29 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

lol ive never gotten mine this good, the last few months my strips do bugger all, i am not sure why i think its the retin a i use

but my nose skin is really not smooth anymore so i dunno what to do

-

that white gunk is pretty normal, not much you can do really, that stuff on your chin is normal, every guy got them, they ain't a problem

your pores collect with dirt and dead skin, espcially with those who have had acne

#30 Guest_MarifreakinA_*

Guest_MarifreakinA_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

My sister has this problem.
I know this sounds horrible but I love popping them, they're so interesting.
I usually get rid of hers by squeezing everything out of it, it's not hard because it comes out in a hard clump, and I usually put peroxide on it (this is at night) and then neosporin.
In the morning her face looks fine and you can't even tell it was touched.

They're so fun to get at though...I know it's horrible.

#31 prima_ballerina

prima_ballerina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

I know what your talkin about! Yes my face was packed full of that shit too!
I was a runway model in my teens so my pores were constantly being packed and packed with airbrush make up and all that. My skin? Ruined!
However, do your self a favor and check out
Read what they have on this subject! Our 'good' norht american doctors dont like to go there because their supposed to be sellin things! Particularily acne meds and topicals. Big buisiness.
Worms in the face! Yep. Everyone has them. They live off of sebum in the follicle and are the cause of all of it! You can see videos of these little life ruining maggots sqirming around and they even tell you how to test for them and count them if you have acsess to a microscope by taking scrapins of the different parts of the face-in your case you would want to start/focus on the chin and you can see them clearly sqirming and wiggling around in your skin rolling around eating the oil and getting fatter!
They have like six or eight legs I think and you can see for yourself:http://www.facedoctor.ca/research.html Chcek it out! You just wont belive it I sure didnt!
But its for real. Its fact not theory. Like I said the doctors just wont offer the info but they know about it! Sure they do! Fuckers!!!
Seabuckthorn oil is what the Chinese have found and developed a very basic line of like one or two products that actually do kill them off over a few weeks of careful attention to the regimen. Its just a plain old boring bar soap and a cream AND IT WORKS! Swear to god this shit is amazing! Please try it for yourself check out the site, go grab it from the drugstore and them come back and tell everyone about it.
Its crazy that theyve managed to keep a lid on it at this point but theyre are people that know and swear by it, thats why youll have no problem finding it at the drugstore or even the grocery stores!
Just ask the phrarmacist, they should know all about it!
I cant say its a miracle treatment cause its no miracle! Better. Its science! Science that works in like two weeks youll notice a huge difference and six weeks youll be screamin it from the rooftops!
PROMISE! CHECK IT OUT THEN SPREAD THE WORD! It worked for me and my boyfriend and all our friends and thousands more that were lucky enough to stumble upon this product!

#32 jimhouse

jimhouse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

This is what I have been lookin for for months! I have no idea what these things are but I get them deep in my skin. Some poke out like you said but others are like deep blackheads. I need to use a needle to have a small chance of getting them out but this always leaves me with a scab because I still have to squeeze immensely to dig them out. As we speak my face is red and blotchy. I get these on my forhead/cheeks/chin/nose/jawline and even temples sometimes. I never had a problem with these back when I had acne. I since then was on Doxy for a year before I started getting them. It was strange and at first I thought they were scarred pores. I get many on my face every week and I am getting scars whilst trying to get them out.

Is accutane the only cure? Ive stopped using Any tablets (doxy) and have stopped using differin gel, I tried Epiduo but that didn't help either...

What is seriously wrong with my skin!
I am unsure if I have KP because I only just started getting these after being on Doxy for over a year and had never really had a problem with them before...
I certainly don't have worms in my face either

Edited by jimhouse, 17 March 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#33 prima_ballerina

prima_ballerina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (jimhouse @ Mar 17 2010, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what I have been lookin for for months! I have no idea what these things are but I get them deep in my skin. Some poke out like you said but others are like deep blackheads. I need to use a needle to have a small chance of getting them out but this always leaves me with a scab because I still have to squeeze immensely to dig them out. As we speak my face is red and blotchy. I get these on my forhead/cheeks/chin/nose/jawline and even temples sometimes. I never had a problem with these back when I had acne. I since then was on Doxy for a year before I started getting them. It was strange and at first I thought they were scarred pores. I get many on my face every week and I am getting scars whilst trying to get them out.

Is accutane the only cure? Ive stopped using Any tablets (doxy) and have stopped using differin gel, I tried Epiduo but that didn't help either...

What is seriously wrong with my skin!
I am unsure if I have KP because I only just started getting these after being on Doxy for over a year and had never really had a problem with them before...
I certainly don't have worms in my face either

Actually hun, you do! Everyone does! Again this is fact! Not theory. I guess your looking not for an actual solution, your looking for some other answer that is more agreeable to you. More along the lines of some way to extract them! Well go to the spa and get an extraction once a week for the rest of your life!! There ya go! Does that make more sense to you? Do yourself a favor and spend $50 and get the FACEDOCTOR stuff at the store. Itll be the last product you buy I assure you! I dont know anyone it hasnt worked for! Really! HTTP:/WWW.FACEDOCTOR.COM

#34 prima_ballerina

prima_ballerina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Marie1 @ Dec 21 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gosh you really cant see much in the photos.
The first photo shows a little - on the top part of the chin you might be able to see some dots, but it doesnt show the bumps on the lower part of the chin.

The last photo is completely useless cry.gif

MANDELIC / GREEN CREAM ETC
Anyway I was thinking of taking Lionqueen's advice and getting the Green Cream + Mandelic lotion or serum. Its extremely expensive though so I wanted to know if you think it would even work? Or is what I have just too different?

PILL
PS I am on a birth control pill (Dianette) to regulate my hormones. Whilst it has cleared up the normal spots i get it has NOT had an effect on these bumps i am referring to. The dermatologist thought that it would, but it has not.

This is why I am unsure as to what will work to get rid of whatever it is i have. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED.

Is it a build up of excess sebum? Is it the sabaceous gland that is protruding? I dont know.

Theres somthing called the Mint Julep Masque that works extraordinarily well! Also "Mario Badescu" drying lotion.

#35 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:28 AM

http://www.wisegeek....emodex-mite.htm

quote from this link incase you dont want to read it

Since getting rid of the mites is impossible and undesired, the best course of action for avoiding such infections is to keep your skin clean, regularly scrubbing dead skin and excess oils away.

My Regimen.. accutane

http://peterperfectm.../09/25/the-why/

#36 prima_ballerina

prima_ballerina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

[/color]

Well at least someone knows what Im talking about! These nasty Demodex mites! But Im not too sure how you can say that removing them is "impossible"? However, it is hard to get rid of them completley but you certainly CAN drastically reduce the count and the damage would have been. Ive seen it work on my best friend, myself and we did some tests in the lab at my university and you can reduce the count of live and dead Demodex to like 85% or so which basically stops the damage all together if you were diligent enough with the regim suggested.
But you said that removing mites from ones face was "undesirable"? Thats a strange thing to say. Really.
Whatever, the point is. Anyone who is truly desperate for a solid solution spend the money and try this product-do the research whatever you need to do but this IS THE CAUSE of just about all of the above complaints and this is PROVEN! Just for some reason not common knowledge yet but it should be!
Just try it! You can thank me later.

[color="#FF00FF"]
QUOTE (want2beme @ Apr 27 2010, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since getting rid of the mites is impossible and undesired, the best course of action for avoiding such infections is to keep your skin clean, regularly scrubbing dead skin and excess oils away.

#37 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (prima_ballerina @ Apr 27 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/color]

Well at least someone knows what Im talking about! These nasty Demodex mites! But Im not too sure how you can say that removing them is "impossible"? However, it is hard to get rid of them completley but you certainly CAN drastically reduce the count and the damage would have been. Ive seen it work on my best friend, myself and we did some tests in the lab at my university and you can reduce the count of live and dead Demodex to like 85% or so which basically stops the damage all together if you were diligent enough with the regim suggested.
But you said that removing mites from ones face was "undesirable"? Thats a strange thing to say. Really.
Whatever, the point is. Anyone who is truly desperate for a solid solution spend the money and try this product-do the research whatever you need to do but this IS THE CAUSE of just about all of the above complaints and this is PROVEN! Just for some reason not common knowledge yet but it should be!
Just try it! You can thank me later.

[color="#FF00FF"]
QUOTE (want2beme @ Apr 27 2010, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, ok I said was undeserible as it was a quote from the website. they can help your body, they eat bad things etc. yes probably too many is bad, so how do you reduce them?

whats the product? please can you link smile.gif

i am from UK. would love to give this a shot

My Regimen.. accutane

http://peterperfectm.../09/25/the-why/

#38 just mee

just mee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

in the first picture you can kinda see it.
i had the same thing on my chin for awhile but they were never really noticable.
they were blackheads at first and then they turned to that and a few months later they broke out.
i'm not sure what they are but do not touch them. once i started touching mine it was awful!

#39 maryhogan

maryhogan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

I had this same problem for years until two weeks ago and am almost completely cured of it. This is what worked for me...get a magnifying mirror and a pimple extractor(drug stores have them in the tweezer section). You will also need St. Ives apricot scrub and Olay daily thermal mini peel. In very bright light, use the pimple extractor and magnifying mirror to purge every pore. This takes a while but it is worth the effort and you only have to do it for the first few days......Next, get in the shower and scrub your face with the apricot scrub . Rinse. Now use the mini peel according to the instructions. Make sure to completely rinse the mini peel until you can't feel the film on your face any more. Repeat this every day, once a day. If your face gets too dry, then use the mini peel every day and only use the apricot scrub every other day. That's it. I have done this for two weeks and my skin is almost perfect now. I specifically joined this site to share the news with everybody that suffers from this problem. I hope it works for you.

#40 honniee

honniee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I had that on my cheek after using lemon juice. Ive never gotten that before though. I think its when you use something that is supposed to purge the skin that happens. And relax its not noticable!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users