Photo

Microdroplet Silicon Injections- I will include before and afters

dermabrasion silicone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
241 replies to this topic

#1 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Although I posted these in another forum, to make it easier for those looking for this possible solution, I am starting a new thread. There was another person on here that was going to show pictures of before and after but decided it was not a good idea for him, which I understand. I on the other hand am going to do so. Let me give you a little background first, if you don't mind.

I had very severe acne in 1983. Fortunately, Accutane had just come out and I was finally put on it. It was early in its development, so I had a foot grow out of my head, but the acne went away wink.gif. What I was left with is severe scarring as you will see from the pics. In 1992 I had dermabrasion, fat transfer and collagen injections with no measurable improvement. In 2003, I had 5 sessions of Smoothbeam with similar results. I, like many of you, was almost resigned to just living with it considering the options. Which brings me to my last attempt, silicone injections.

I have attached 1 picture here that was taken in September of 2008 before the first silicon injection (the final pictures are down a few posts). As of August 21, 2009, I have now had 6 sessions with extremely talented Dr. Lam of Plano, TX. I am very happy about my results, to say the least.

I understand the misery and hopelessness, trust me. I know this may not be the answer for everyone, but hopefully this will be the answer for some of you. I wish you the best in your search.

Attached Thumbnails

• before_treatment.JPG

Edited by acolddaveinhell, 03 September 2009 - 10:46 AM.

#2 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

After 3rd injection is on December 22nd posting

#3 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:43 PM

I had microdroplet a couple of years ago and was not impressed with my results. I also may have gone to a doctor who was not as skilled. I'm still waiting for the day soemthing miraculous comes about eusa_boohoo.gif

#4 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

This is after 6 treatments, the last of which was completed on 8-21-09. This will be the last one I do..now I can start working on that second chin with some exercise and fewer brownies..

Attached Thumbnails

• after_6_treatments_001.JPG
  • after_6_treatments_003.JPG

Edited by acolddaveinhell, 03 September 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#5 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (acolddaveinhell @ Dec 22 2008, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's after the first treatment, done on 11-18 and the second done on 12-18..I intend to go back for at least one more treatment..I will leave it to you whether or not you see improvement..

i think there is definite improvement. i'm sure that last round will exceed your expectations. just a few questions. i'm considering doing some rounds as well but will travel to dallas. is there a recommended hotel to stay at around dr. lam's offices. feel free to pm me if you would like. i'm looking to do these rounds in the 09.

#6 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

Looking great!! I see definate improvement. Again silicone was the best procedure I ever had done.

With that being said, that was me who did not post pics, mainly because I wanted the thread to die. For one I was unintentionally slandering another doctor and his practice when he was a very competent doctor. Another reason is I told Dr. Lam about the thread, he saw that another doctor was being negatively portrayed, and he asked that I put an end to it as nicely as possible.

Im glad I could refer you guys to Dr. Lam, he is a genuine guy. I have come so far from my scarring days, now im left with superficial scarring that looks like rough/uneven skin tone. But I know the end is near when I get a dermaroller.

If you guys go see Dr. Lam, youll be in good hands.

#7 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:36 AM

Are the treatments permanent?

Any downtime following the procedure?

Any side effects?

I see improvement!

Thanks for sharing!

#8 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hi, thankyou so much for helping this board with some pictures of this procedure. Amazing - I can definitely see an improvement - from the front on pictures your skin looks fuller and smoother. i think the doc has targeted the depressed areas well. You must be very pleased with this result. I would say further treatments are up to you.

Congrats!!

#9 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (pogo @ Dec 23 2008, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are the treatments permanent?

Any downtime following the procedure?

Any side effects?

I see improvement!

Thanks for sharing!

Supposedly the treatments are permanent..or at least I hope. There is no downtime to speak of, although there is a bit of lingering pain that Aleve will relieve right after the procedure. In the last picture you can see some slight bruising, which really has faded already. You can also clearly see a second chin I need to work on wink.gif .. thanks for the feedback.

There is no doubt I see improvement and it's definite as opposed to the "I think I see it" when in reality there was no difference (with the other procedures I had done). I intend to see Dr. Lam at least one more time and I will post those pics..there is hope my friends..

#10 nicole0671

nicole0671

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

I want to thank you for sharing your photos. Your skin has improved greatly! I was thinking about going to Dr. Lam myself .. What is your take on him? Do you feel his prices are fair? Did he offer any other procedures/ Sorry I'm asking alot of questions. Thanks again

#11 rickpaul

rickpaul

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

7bills for 1 injection.
what u do for a livin?

#12 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (nicole0671 @ Dec 23 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to thank you for sharing your photos. Your skin has improved greatly! I was thinking about going to Dr. Lam myself .. What is your take on him? Do you feel his prices are fair? Did he offer any other procedures/ Sorry I'm asking alot of questions. Thanks again

You're welcome and thanks for noticing. I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Lam. He genuinely wants to make people look better and his passion is contageous. I definitely think his prices are fair, although I really don't have anything to compare it to. Considering the results so far, I would have paid more, let's put it that way. He does offer a variety of procedures from what I understand from his website. He has an incredible staff too..is that a ringing endorsement or what?

QUOTE (rickpaul @ Dec 23 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7bills for 1 injection.
what u do for a livin?

Worked hard for a long time, my brother...worked hard..

#13 Dan T.

Dan T.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

Congratulations! I see a great deal of improvement in the photos. I had 7 rounds with Dr. Alkek in Dallas and got good results although I am definitely not perfect I could see the positive changes in adverse lighting. I think my scarring was similar to yours and it seemed to take a couple of sessions before I could begin seeing results. It must be a great relief for you to get some good results.

#14 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

bump...... just wanted to see if there is any further improvement? is this the type of procedure that improves as time goes on?

bump...... just wanted to see if there is any further improvement? is this the type of procedure that improves as time goes on?

#15 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

There has just been the overall improvement of the 2 procedures. According to Dr. Lam, the microdroplets will be encapsulated by collagen, thus improving the area in time. His basic philosophy, which I have believed all along, is that you bring the depressed skin to the natural skin layer as opposed to bringing the good areas down to the bad. These droplets create volume that was taken away with the scarring.

I will post additional photos after I have my 3rd procedure on February 3rd.

QUOTE (kingziggy @ Dec 29 2008, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#16 acolddaveinhell

acolddaveinhell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

I took a new picture today and I see that the bruising that was evident from a week ago is gone (the picture I took today is on my December 22nd post). I can honestly say I am happy with the results so far..

QUOTE (acolddaveinhell @ Dec 29 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There has just been the overall improvement of the 2 procedures. According to Dr. Lam, the microdroplets will be encapsulated by collagen, thus improving the area in time. His basic philosophy, which I have believed all along, is that you bring the depressed skin to the natural skin layer as opposed to bringing the good areas down to the bad. These droplets create volume that was taken away with the scarring.

I will post additional photos after I have my 3rd procedure on February 3rd.

QUOTE (kingziggy @ Dec 29 2008, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#17 indigenous

indigenous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

THANK YOU so much for posting your experience and photos. It means so much to those of us desperate for scar help. I am stunned to read that you did so many other things with little improvement and yet this seems to have done it- you look great!

I wish I had a million dollars): I was leaning towards ActiveFX next, but after seeing your results, I think I may do this. I am so fed up wth spending money on things that don't work and some things that even made it worse. Your scarring is exactly where mine is- the hollows of the cheeks. I pray that this maintains its appearance for you, it sounds like you've thrown away enough money for one lifetime.

#18 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

hey acoldave, I was thinking...for you it might be worthwhile to grow some facial hair? it would help cover most of your scarring and prob give a nice look

#19 truckg

truckg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

in the most recent picture your face looks fuller, healthier and stronger. the eye isn't immediately drawn to scars in the more recent picture.

by the way, be thankful you have so much thick hair! I am dealing with acne scars AND hair loss. lol.gif

#20 indigenous

indigenous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

A few questions, probably dumb... but need to know(:

1.) How did you find a Dr. to do this? I googled my area(denver), but came up with nothing. I don't want to go through another round of consultations as I did to find someone to do excisions.

2.) How did/do you feel about the risks? I've read some horrible things about it, in fact, death can result from an improper injection. Although death vs scars... seems a worthy risk.

3.) How many rounds are recommended? It doesn't look like you need another one.

4) Are there any long term risks that you know of?

Thx and sorry if I missed the FYI and I'm repeating a question. $700.00 a session seems cheaper than a lot of other treatments- most that don't work. Here, its $600.00 for a go of restylane, that only lasts for a mere 6 months.

In addition to improving your scars, you look ten yrs younger.