Photo
- - - - -

How I got rid of my neck acne

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Helio

Helio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

First of all - I'm very happy to see this subforum opened. My neck acne has ALWAYS been different from the acne on my face and body.

I've had a bunch of cysts on my neck for 6 months I think. I was trying so many things - TCA peels, glycolic acid, mandelic acid.

Recently, no new pimples have surfaced. What did I do?

Well - NOTHING. Stopped putting so many chemicals on it. I moisturized and put vaseline on the individual spots.

To me, this was a shock because it was the total opposite of what I was doing. Sometimes, your skin needs to be left alone in order to fix itself.

#2 led head

led head

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

That is exactly what worked for me!

I think more people should try this because neck acne hurts.

#3 frustratedgirl

frustratedgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 53
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

I too have neck acne. It's itchy and it hurts. Vaseline works?

#4 led head

led head

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (frustratedgirl @ Jan 20 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too have neck acne. It's itchy and it hurts. Vaseline works?

I didn't use vaseline, I used my cetaphil moisturizer. I'm sure vaseline would work fine, I think moisturizing and not using too many chemicals is key. Also, I stopped using perfume on my neck, it made the acne a lot worse.

#5 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

ive stoped getting acne on my face since i stoped washing with a cleanser ... just a lil bit of water ... if that lol

#6 OnePissedPenguin

OnePissedPenguin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

took me close to 7 years to figure that one out, then 2 months ago that's exactly what I did - put NOTHING on the back of my neck, just some water in the shower, then moisturizer afterwards to aid healing.

Works like a charm, not more painful severe cysts that stop me turning my head or looking up. no kidding. try it, come back in 2 months and tell us all about it.

#7 dude101

dude101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

Just to be sure,

Im pretty sure using anti acne on the neck area is not a good idea since the skin is more sensible.

Although did you guys use a cleanser or nothing at all ? I thought i would use my shower gel which is softer.

Tell me what you think.

Thank you

#8 ManOfTheHunt

ManOfTheHunt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (led head @ Jan 20 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is exactly what worked for me!

I think more people should try this because neck acne hurts.

amen. eusa_pray.gif

#9 futurepilot

futurepilot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Well my neck acne seems to be getting worse since ive used dans regimen, even though it kinda works for my back, and it works good on my face, its lacking on my neck, so what do you recommend i do for the moisturizer? Can you be a little more specific on what you do?

#10 jennie455

jennie455

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:06 AM

Yes, it seems like good way to do nothing for neck acne instead of squeezing and applying many products on it.

#11 Sammey

Sammey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:48 AM

Hey, I never get neck acne or I had never had it before. I do get it on my face but never on my neck. Recently I've got 4 pimples on my neck and they won't go away, I mean there so stubborn!
I can't even pop them, they like stuck there. I did buy a new foundation and it was a darker shade to my natural tone so I started blending it further down my neck then usual. So that could be one thing that caused it but then again it could also be because I've started washing my neck with face wash because my foundation needs to removed. I'm so over them though, I want them gone. I haven't used my foundation in atleast 3 days and there still there and I've been washing, exfoliating, toning and moisturising. Please help!!! I have a special occasion this weekend and I want them to be gone. Should I stop putting foundation on my neck and should I stop washing it with face wash. Just wash it when I have a shower. Is there anything else you guys know that gets rid of them fast???