Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's improved or cured his/her acne by eliminating dairy?

33 posts in this topic

Please respond if you've had some success with this and describe what type of acne you have and how severe it was...

Thanks!

John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

I've seen improvements from eliminating milk from my diet. I still eat yogurt and cottage cheee on a regular basis, but the milk is the kicker. When I was eating two bowls of cereal a day--one in the morning and the at night--I broke out like I had the chicken pox. Now, it's quite ok.

I dont want to be a downer, but i was off dairy (especially milk) for a LONG time and my face never really cleared up. I could definitely see an improvement, but i guess there were too many factors so i was still breaking out. Now i just use soy milk for cereal which has no lactose.

2SG

On a traffic light green means go and yellow means yield, but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go ahead, and red means where the fuck did you get that banana at...

-Mitch Hedberg

I dont want to be a downer, but i was off dairy (especially milk) for a LONG time and my face never really cleared up.  I could definitely see an improvement,

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

Yes, my acne definitely improved when I eliminated dairy from my diet. I doubt it would cure anybody but I saw probably about a 40% improvement, so it was worth it. Now I drink soy milk...tastes pretty good.

SUV.jpg

Science Lesson of the day

You've all taken science and learned about pH levels right?  Quick review:

Acid = Bad

Alkaline = Good

Foods can be broke down into Acid, Alkaline, and Neutral.  Believe it or not, your body is affected by the pH levels in food and your body changes accordingly.  What's the pH in your body?  Have you checked?  There seems to be a direct correlation between pH and acne, as acidity is known to cause a wide range of side effects, including acne.

Check out this page: http://www.reynoldsoffice.com/ph.htm

Now where is milk on this chart?  Think about it!

I haven't posted in a while because I couldn't access acne.org!

My skin still looks 90% better than it did when I ate dairy. (I totally gave up all dairy.) I have a couple of small zits today, (hormonal) but nothing like the raging cystic acne that I had for 3 straight months. Within 4 days of giving up dairy, the cysts were gone and haven't returned.

Did giving up dairy suck? Yeah, now I'm vegan, and I'm not enjoying it. Clearer skin is worth it, though.

Try it if you're desperate. If it doesn't work, at least you haven't wasted money on another derm appointment and prescription...